Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavecanem View Post
    Isn't it supposed to go live on the same time? That is, midnight in the western US, and like, 9 o'clock or whatever that it might be here in Europe
    I think I read it somewhere at least, but can't give any sources. If so, the countdown should be the same for everyone? (Might've been that that was just the case in US, and we still get it earlier here in Europe)
    The EU server bank will go live at midnight according to the time they use (I think it is whatever Paris is) and the US servers will go live in accordance with the Blizzard's main US location in California.

Deleted
    PRE BAN WARNING

Start posting US vs EU flames and you'll get a LONG ban.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalanthes View Post
    Wait, you didn't know what Europe was? xD
    To be fair, I am willing to bet less than .01% of the US could recognize the European Union flag. I know my education system certainly never taught me it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavecanem View Post
    Isn't it supposed to go live on the same time? That is, midnight in the western US, and like, 9 o'clock or whatever that it might be here in Europe
    I think I read it somewhere at least, but can't give any sources. If so, the countdown should be the same for everyone? (Might've been that that was just the case in US, and we still get it earlier here in Europe)
    Goes live in Europe earlier. As far as I am aware, all the expacs have gone live earlier in the EU than in the US

Quote Originally Posted by Kanubis View Post
    Yeah, that was just so your West Coast and East Coast servers all start at the same time, the EU servers will start earlier. I can see why that Blizzard statement caused some confusion though.
    If you read my post again, you'll understand that I'm as European as you are
    Anyway, that's some awesome news, even though I won't get it in the mail until like 11 or something

Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    Goes live in Europe earlier. As far as I am aware, all the expacs have gone live earlier in the EU than in the US
    I've missed all the launches during my breaks, so I didn't know that :P
    Last edited by Cavecanem; 2010-12-06 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastblow View Post
    ... for a country that i dont what it is.
    No further questions, your Honor.

You are one smart cookie. This is actually the only time I could see playing on EU from Canada be an advantage. How's your latency most of the time? I thought about playing on EU a couple of times just for the hell of it, too bad you can't transfer your toons from US to EU.

So I guess since they are starting at different times, there will be no world first?

Deleted
    It never stops to amuse me how many Americans arent familiar with EU (European Union) flag. And the time? Our time is simply ahead 7-9 hours so... You know there are time zones, right...

In this case its a good thing but every now and then I think to myself "man if I lived in the US it wouldnt be midnight but only afternoon," for example when an awesome day is about to end or when I have some hard exam coming up the next day.

Many US WoW players might confused here because they get all the patches with raids earlier but thats because your maintenance is on tuesday while ours is on wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnozis View Post
    So I guess since they are starting at different times, there will be no world first?
    Oh there will be a worlds first, buddy boy... Just like there is a worlds first in every raid that gets released in US hours earlier than in the EU. And yet EU guilds often get it ). But this is starting to flame a bit, better stop :P.
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2010-12-06 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe there has been more than 1 topic on this. You kids really need to get off WoW and start learning countries, continents and time zones.

This thread made me giggle. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnozis View Post
    Does the fact that US servers get every single content patch almost a day before us affect world firsts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastblow View Post
    ok on the front page it shows how much time til cata is released it shows 15 hours for the us and 6 hours for a country that i dont what it is. could some one tell why they are getting it 9 hours before us?
    That pretty much sums up American geography.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, OP is from 'Trollin city' according to his profile.

I wouldn't take his ignorance of Europe for anything other than thinly-veiled trolling.