Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Exclamation Everyone playing tonight should consider this. i'm fo serious!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/21251...nch_looms.html

Your server could possibly be VERY busy. you could log in at whatever time for you the launch happens (for me? 3am.) and get stuck in a queue that could make you wait HOURS before you can play.

your best bet to counter-act this? log in at least 2 hours BEFORE it hits. or at least keep checking up on it, make sure youre not suprised with a huge lockdown the very second you want to jump right into azeroth.

be prepared, check your server pop and queues before launch. just a friendly reminder

No need for an *almost* all caps title /Dalliah
    Last edited by Chelly; 2010-12-06 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It won't be that bad, depending on the time you log in.

With the wrath launch, I came home from the game shop, installed my game, and was able to log in without a queue. Wasn't even all that busy in the starting areas.

And I'm on a high pop server.

Thumbs up for low pop servers

Deleted
    Azuremyst never full

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you a Twilight Cultist?

Relax.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    al'akir eu - i have already logged in :P

All servers will have their share of eager players. It'll be hectic, but that feel of lots of players all running about is one that you only experience every few years in WoW, so it's nice to see. It's like Mardi Gras, except there's no topless people!

Just below your TAB key will do the trick.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Yay, Im on Kalecghost! Never been a server que in its history. Go low pop!

calm down. this isn't our first go around for most of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Tails Prower View Post
    All servers will have their share of eager players. It'll be hectic, but that feel of lots of players all running about is one that you only experience every few years in WoW, so it's nice to see. It's like Mardi Gras, except there's no topless people!
    Oh... I'll be topless

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    your best bet to counter-act this? log in at least 2 hours BEFORE it hits.
    Is the Cataclysm content actually going to go live without a server restart?

How many people read that article and then went to sign in to battle.net just to see if there really was a queue ? (BTW, there wasn't for me lol)

You do realize, you need to..

GASP

LOG OUT

Before cata becomes active, even if you have digital version, right?

Yeah Blackrock is gonna be a bitch to log on to

Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    Oh... I'll be topless
    I'll grab the body oil.. *sigh*.

Also, Can anyone suggest a good server to start over on? Me and my brother are planning on starting over as Worgen and I wanted to start on a server where things are still a little new.

did any one even read the article?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    Is the Cataclysm content actually going to go live without a server restart?
    That's how it's planned to go down, although a relog will be needed to see the new stuff pop up.

Deleted
    Meh. I was on Silvermoon the most overly bloated Alliance server for Wrath and questing was fine. And so was log in. Just had to wait 30mins. Although, I'm going to get my cat to walk on my keyboard for 2 hours so I don't go AFK, while I queue for the game ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Tails Prower View Post
    I'll grab the body oil.. *sigh*.

Also, Can anyone suggest a good server to start over on? Me and my brother are planning on starting over as Worgen and I wanted to start on a server where things are still a little new.
    I read in a Blue Post a few days back that Magtheridon EU is a good place to start over.No idea if you play US though....