logged on when Cataclysm goes live

If I have installed Cataclysm and I am logged in at 12am PST will i be able to automatically go to the zones, buy old world flying, ect? Or will have to re log in. Just curious

Is that relog as in completely out or just to your character screen?

Completely log out of WOW.

Actually, someone posted a blue response to this. The game will require a server restart, which means everyone will have to re-log. So, get comfy, you may be in a queue!

Deleted
    BLizzard said you need to relogg, but i didnt know if they mean just log out and log back in, or exit the game.

Deleted
    No one is 100% sure from previous runs you MIGHT have to relog then again you don't have to in order to see things like the Holiday event guys etc.

My guess is that you are just able to play.

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 05:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Tails Prower View Post
    Actually, someone posted a blue response to this. The game will require a server restart, which means everyone will have to re-log. So, get comfy, you may be in a queue!
    I think you are mistaken the server restart was at maintenance last week.

I wish They would post info. If it is completely out of the game I can sleep until 1:50 am (11:50 PST). If it is the character screen I will be on sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    No one is 100% sure from previous runs you MIGHT have to relog then again you don't have to in order to see things like the Holiday event guys etc.

My guess is that you are just able to play.

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 05:45 PM ----------

I think you are mistaken the server restart was at maintenance last week.
    Probably. I tend to get confused easy. Thanks for clearing that up.

The Blizz guy that said it was a community manager and wasn't 100% but was going to check on it.
    Also, it didn't address if the dig downloads are different since they are already upgraded to cata, but the retail key's can't even be added till midnight PST so if you didn't dig download your account can't be cata aware until midnight or later and would obviously have to relog.

Although it looks like dig-download might have to relog, I wouldn't say it's in granite at this point and there's really no 100% confirmation yet.

Quote Originally Posted by csmacie View Post
    If I have installed Cataclysm and I am logged in at 12am PST will i be able to automatically go to the zones, buy old world flying, ect? Or will have to re log in. Just curious
    Even though a cata key is attached to the account something has to happen to unlock the stuff we can't currently get to right now. I'm inclined to believe a server restart is more likely the answer than both relogging and it'll auto be there..

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's the same as the last two, at least for the realms I was on there was no downtime or restart of the realm itself, however you had to log out then back in (just to the character screen was fine for me) to activate it.