Page 33 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    If I don't have a plan ahead of time when to use ToL it is usually used when the entire raid gets low. In my experience, having to ramp up lifebloom stacks on an entire raid takes a huge amount of time and during the ramp up time there considerably less healing. I realize LB is the far better option when considering mana efficiency, but when it comes to flat out healing fast when its needed, is it faster to just spam WG/rejuv with ToL?
    1st. If you don't know encounter to plan ToL, you should consider learning it.
    2nd. You get lots of procs from LB spam, therefore you get more hps from using those procs on regrowth.
    3rd. How long can you spam regrowth without procs and going oom?
    I doubt you can heal without mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Depends. If you can get to 2005 you want to. If you for some reason can't with reforging and gear choices you want to drop down 916. The 2005 breakpoint will up your throughput a ton.
    with the 5% haste buff and 1605 haste how much more would i need to hit the 2005 break point?

Quote Originally Posted by Nox165 View Post
    with the 5% haste buff and 1605 haste how much more would i need to hit the 2005 break point?
    this is a tough question, let me get my calculator........2005 - 1605 = 400

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi all,

I've read somewhere that 2/2 Blessing of the Grove is currently bugged and only gives just over 2% to Rejuv instead of the correct 4%. I was wondering if this is still the case and whether someone could possibly point me to the source of these findings. I did a quick scan of EJ but couldn't find anything?

You are also welcome to correct me if it is infact not bugged ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherylina View Post
    Hi all,

I've read somewhere that 2/2 Blessing of the Grove is currently bugged and only gives just over 2% to Rejuv instead of the correct 4%. I was wondering if this is still the case and whether someone could possibly point me to the source of these findings. I did a quick scan of EJ but couldn't find anything?

You are also welcome to correct me if it is infact not bugged ;p
    I don't have any blue posts but last time I saw an official forum post(in the last two months) and it was still working the same. I'll be honest, I doubt it's a bug or they would have fixed it by now. It stacks additively with other talents/glyphs/blah blah.

Perhaps I might be mistaken here, but I just don't understand how reaching 2005 haste rating is "fairly easy" as you often imply. Taking all the pieces on the 359 BiS list for restos and ensure a haste piece is taken for every slot and reforged to haste if not possible, one would get:

188+127+149*.4+127+228*.4+127*.4+149+208*.4+149+169+127+127+97*.4+127*.4+72 = 1609 haste rating.

So given optimal haste-based gearing and reforging, one can obtain up to 1609 haste rating from gear. Add to this 25 haste rating from the shoulders, 50 haste from gloves, and 40 haste from two Reckless gems results in 1724 haste rating, which is still about 300 short of the desired amount. Am I missing something here (math error, forgot enchant XYZ) or is this just not remotely possible with normal mode gear?
    Last edited by ponens; 2011-04-20 at 03:19 AM. Reason: grammar

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have time to go through every piece, but my alt has the 2005 haste cap with mostly 359 epics and a few 346 blues, and so do many, many, MANY people. So the math or gear choice is messed up somewhere.

It's also been proven through numerous spreadsheets that you can loose up to 300 int and still see a healing increase with the 2005 cap, so a lot of people with mostly blues/beginning raid gear/not enough for whatever reason use food to get there.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-04-20 at 04:16 AM.

The numbers you're getting for BiS gear is a little off (unless the wrong BiS gear is listed) but your conclusion is unfortunately correct. Without the Alch trinket, food or gems, you will not reach the 2005 cap with epic gear alone. If you are unable to obtain the Alch trinket, then you'll have to find other means to reach that cap. But if you aren't in mostly/all raid gear at the moment, then you honestly shouldn't be worried about getting the cap.

[Edit] The Engineering Helm (with its special sockets) would also let you reach the cap if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by Dendrek; 2011-04-20 at 04:50 AM.

I don't have time to go through every piece, but my alt has the 2005 haste cap with mostly 359 epics and a few 346 blues, and so do many, many, MANY people. So the math or gear choice is messed up somewhere.

It's also been proven through numerous spreadsheets that you can loose up to 300 int and still see a healing increase with the 2005 cap, so a lot of people with mostly blues/beginning raid gear/not enough for whatever reason use food to get there.
    I'd like to see an example of a profile (no 372s) that has the appropriate haste cap. Not saying I don't believe in what you say but I would seriously like to know where my back-of-the-envelope calculation went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek
    The numbers you're getting for BiS gear is a little off (unless the wrong BiS gear is listed) but your conclusion is unfortunately correct. Without the Alch trinket, food or gems, you will not reach the 2005 cap with epic gear alone. If you are unable to obtain the Alch trinket, then you'll have to find other means to reach that cap. But if you aren't in mostly/all raid gear at the moment, then you honestly shouldn't be worried about getting the cap.
    I can potentially swap for the alchy trinket but I don't know if sacrificing regen for extra haste is worth it.

It is pretty simple if you scratch out the 4xTier pieces resto and pick balance legs (or other blue-ish piece of gear with haste on it for legs).
    Also a decent alternative for a trinket is:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=56462
    Yes, you wont gain mana (and a bit of crit) as you will lose intellect BUT you will still gain spell power AND TONS OF HASTE.

BTW - I just wanted to mention that the value of haste is significantly diminished by the number of restoration druids in the raid. In 25men raid with 2 resto druids you will be occasionally overhealing with the last few WG ticks anyway (yes we are speaking heroic bosses). 3 resto druids means your WGs and Rejuvs will overlap so much that the one with more spell power (and mastery/crit) will be effectively healing for a lot more.

NB: If you are the only resto druid in the raid the gain of the additional WG tick is amazing, also reaching the 2005 haste cap for 10men raiding (where you would naturally be the only resto druid) tends to be one of the most important things in case you want to be most effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your WGs are massive overhealing each other you are doing something wrong. With WG being smart cast it will overheal time to time but if your raid is sitting at max life most HM bosses you need to drop a few.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dropping 300 int to get to 2005 haste is a waste of time. If you see a throughput increase dropping 300 int and using blues instead of epics then you are healing incorrectly. You should be taking advantage of your mastery regardless of your haste level. There is theoretical throughput and then there is actually healing correctly (taking advantage of mastery). You should only go for 2005 haste once your gear starts to look really good with 372 epics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manamonster View Post
    Dropping 300 int to get to 2005 haste is a waste of time. If you see a throughput increase dropping 300 int and using blues instead of epics then you are healing incorrectly. You should be taking advantage of your mastery regardless of your haste level. There is theoretical throughput and then there is actually healing correctly (taking advantage of mastery). You should only go for 2005 haste once your gear starts to look really good with 372 epics.
    It's been proven by multiple spreadsheets, and this is assuming you are using the proper spells, average overhealing, spec, glyphs, healing style, gear all into account. You can argue it all you want, but the numbers don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by ponens View Post
    I can potentially swap for the alchy trinket but I don't know if sacrificing regen for extra haste is worth it.
    I use the alch trinket and have no points in Furor and I rarely have mana issues. Also, keep in mind the Alch trinket provides the most amount of Int of any trinket in the game. I'm pretty sure it's the best throughput trinket in the game atm.

---------- Post added 2011-04-20 at 05:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alvian View Post
    BTW - I just wanted to mention that the value of haste is significantly diminished by the number of restoration druids in the raid. In 25men raid with 2 resto druids you will be occasionally overhealing with the last few WG ticks anyway (yes we are speaking heroic bosses). 3 resto druids means your WGs and Rejuvs will overlap so much that the one with more spell power (and mastery/crit) will be effectively healing for a lot more.
    If you're losing effective healing because of overhealing, that doesn't justify going with a different stat combination. Either you need to drop a healer because you have too many in the raid or you need to completely ignore situations where you see overhealing because those aren't the times you need to maximize your healing potential.

You're trying to argue that since you'll be overhealing sometimes, you need to maximize your snipe-healing potential in order to be an effective healer. That could not be further from the truth. To be an effective healer you need to maximize your healing potential in situations where healing actually matters. In that case, overhealing should be the last thing you're concerned about seeing.

[Edit] By "snipe-healing" I mean your ability to steal heals from other healers in order to pad meters. If a player is guaranteed to be topped off on health well before they are at risk of dieing to a deadly blow, then it hardly matters whether it was your heal or another healer's that got to that player first. (That's assuming the player isn't at risk of dieing very quickly. If they are, then snipe-healing is a good thing. But the above argument does not apply to this kind of situation.)
    Last edited by Dendrek; 2011-04-20 at 05:40 PM.

Deleted
    Apologies if this has already been asked and for derailing the discussion about whether 2005 haste cap is worth it (yes it is!) but does anyone know what the WG cap will be with the 5% buff and DI when it goes down to 1% from 3% ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuka View Post
    Apologies if this has already been asked and for derailing the discussion about whether 2005 haste cap is worth it (yes it is!) but does anyone know what the WG cap will be with the 5% buff and DI when it goes down to 1% from 3% ?
    The only thing changing about DI is the SP of the non-warlock, not the haste or the locks Sp.

Deleted
    oh fantastic thanks i was lied to!!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's been proven by multiple spreadsheets, and this is assuming you are using the proper spells, average overhealing, spec, glyphs, healing style, gear all into account. You can argue it all you want, but the numbers don't lie.
    Link your proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manamonster View Post
    Link your proof.
    The correct wording would be "up to 300 Int", it may not be worth losing 300 Int for everyone, it all depends on your scale factors on your gear etc. You can use the spreadsheet linked in the guide and it will give you an idea of how it would work out for you.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherylina View Post
    The correct wording would be "up to 300 Int", it may not be worth losing 300 Int for everyone, it all depends on your scale factors on your gear etc. You can use the spreadsheet linked in the guide and it will give you an idea of how it would work out for you.
    I'd like to see an instance where losing 300 int is worth it. I can see maybe 150ish... Down grading purples to multiple blues is just wrong in the same manner as downgrading heroic epics to regular epics is. I can see maybe downgrading the council off-hand to the vendor blue but doing that in multiple slots is silly. If you're healing correctly you will see more throughput from 916 and more int as opposed to 2005 and a ton less int / other stats you're losing by downgrading. I disagree with telling people who don't have as much experience that they should drop 300 int and downgrade to blues. If you can't reasonably hit 2005 you shouldn't be bothering.