Page 38 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm actually curious about trinkets.

I have The Witching Hourglass Heroic (Intellect + haste on proc), Heroic Blood of Isiset (Mastery + Spirit on Proc), and regular Tears of Blood (Int + Spirit on proc). Obviously, once patch hits, I'll aim for Valor (then justice) trinket + heroic tears of blood, but for now, would the Witching Hourglass or Isiset be better as a second trinket?

I'm also really lacking in the haste department. Should I be reforging mastery/crit to haste, or just leave them be and hope for better?

And on that note, should I be grabbing spiritless leather, for extra stats? As currently I have mostly all gear that has spirit on it. Seems unnatural to aim for that much haste, but also getting mastery and crit when you have spirit on all your gear. I don't typically have any issues with my mana, except when the tank sucks or a DPS pulls threat extremely often, and I like that. I get complimented all the time from raid geared tanks who see my low gear (I still have a few greens on, cause nothing will drop for those slots), and say they like that people stay alive, but I don't run out of mana except on the healing intensive fights. (Haven't went to ZA/ZG yet, obviously).

And lastly, if anyone knows. Next patch, we get a new mastery, and our heals crit for 50% more. So, would the value of crit go higher than mastery, or would it still be Int > Spirit > Haste > Mastery > Crit?

I -NEVER- intend to run raids in 25 man. Only 10 man, if I even do that. Mostly I'm a 5 man heroics and baradin hold type person. I saw above that for that, I should aim for 1602 haste, or 916 if I can't make that, or have a boomkin/shadow priest with me most of the time.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Liliani/simple

I
    s my profile. I was reforging mastery -> haste to test out the whole tics on spells thing, just never got around to reversing said reforges before I logged off. Though, without it, I sit at ~3% haste total)

;TLDR: Should I focus on spirit gear, or is it safe to pop on a few pieces of caster leather without spirit? Which trinkets out of the first paragraph should I use? And after patch, will the stat priority still be the same?
    Last edited by Myzou; 2011-06-17 at 03:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated for 4.2.

I'll change things and update them as I get them and test them. I will work on a new gear list for firelands and t12 rep/valor rewards this weekend. If you know any sites or you yourself are doing any theorycrafting about the new mastery, t12 bonus, along with any of the other changes, feel free to PM me with the info. Thanks =]

so i read the front page update, and am now alittle confused. the word "additative" is usually a BAD thing... doesnt that also ruin scaling?
    So in gearing... our choices are something that doesnt SCALE well, or RnG? A rock and a hard place eh? do we have clarification as to which is actually going to be better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, so far it looks like crit really. Basically, crit and mastery can be right with each other. But mastery will never pass crit, while crit can pass mastery. So really, crit is better, but either way it isn't going to be a huge issue. Better gear(BiS reg gear, some HM gear, BiS HM gear, not sure when the cut off will be) crit will probably have a solid lead.

The whole point of the change, from their PoV, is that it made mastery not as useful the more you hot. They said this in a blue post. I'm not sure the talents not working with is is intended after their post, I think it may have been a mistake. Right now, even with the easier uptime and considering the number change and everything, this is actually a nurf from what it was in 25 man, mostly hot healing, Which was exactly what they were trying to fix.

So blizzard gets a /facepalm award for breaking mastery in the name of FIXING mastery... gotcha

Deleted
    Tiny hint...
    Shouldn't´t 20 int + 20 mastery (or crit) be the standard gem to meet meta requirements unless you need the 20 haste for reaching a breakpoint? Okay, that´s actually obvious, so just a hint :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enurian View Post
    Tiny hint...
    Shouldn't´t 20 int + 20 mastery (or crit) be the standard gem to meet meta requirements unless you need the 20 haste for reaching a breakpoint? Okay, that´s actually obvious, so just a hint :P
    And that's exactly what the guide says:
    To meet the requirement: gem two [Reckless Ember Topaz] wherever you can get the two best yellow socket bonuses.

Deleted
    And that´s not what i said

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you see you don't need any extra haste then yes, obviously you aren't going to gem for haste. I hope people actually read the guide and know not to get any haste between breakpoints in any situation. Same for enchants, food, and reforging.

I'd like to ask for some help from a resto druid on the PTR.

On EJ, they claim that Efflorescence double dips into Harmony. The amount of healing Efflorescence does is a percent of the amount of healing Swiftmend does, so mastery boosts Efflor simply by boosting SM. But their claim is that Efflor receives a second boost from mastery, and so its healing is higher than it should be. I searched the other posts for evidence of this but found none, so I'm hoping someone with access to the PTR can test it.

Do two or three tests to confirm your results. For best results, avoid any talent that boosts the healing done by either effect. (That means don't take Master Shapeshifter or Genesis.) As for the test, simply cast SM on yourself and stand in Efflorescence. Post the amount that SM healed for and the amount that Efflorescence ticked for. You'll also need to post how much mastery rating/percent you have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm DLing the ptr now. I want to test a few other things too.

Edit: and, it wont let me. Goes 1/2 way through patching and says I need to contact tech support =/
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-06-18 at 08:21 PM.

Does anybody know addon shows uptime of our new mastery?
    -=Hofman=- resto dru EU-Azuregos

U can just use FX and just type in the name of the buff u get... I currently do that for t11 4pc... "bloom"

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Well, if you see you don't need any extra haste then yes, obviously you aren't going to gem for haste. I hope people actually read the guide and know not to get any haste between breakpoints in any situation. Same for enchants, food, and reforging.
    Unless you're direct healing a lot.
    Everything you post is always from a pure raid healing perspective :|

As I've said in the other haste vs mastery threads, once you have enough throughput to keep tank up and enough regen to sustain it then getting heals to tank faster is better than slightly more mathematical throughput.

I've been back healing heroic nef tank again and outside of platforms i don't really hit the raid with anything at all other than wild growth off nef, swiftmend lines up perfectly with every breath for tank and eff is great on tank now as well.

I'm full BIS now and writing up my new BIS list for Firelands, should we post our lists here or Mod already has a list?

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    As I've said in the other haste vs mastery threads, once you have enough throughput to keep tank up and enough regen to sustain it then getting heals to tank faster is better than slightly more mathematical throughput.
    That's not entirely true. Haste is just another throughput stat. Having a slightly faster cast time can only be the difference between life or death for a tank if it allows you to get the heal in just before a fatal blow. Since tanks don't usually get 2-shot, they're much more likely to die to insufficient throughput than they are to not receiving heals quickly enough. So the stat the increases throughput the most for you is likely to be the better stat to stack. Likewise, it's not often that you are forced to chain cast big heals to keep a tank alive because of tank avoidance and slow boss swing timers. In that case extra haste is wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're direct healing a lot.
    Everything you post is always from a pure raid healing perspective :|

I've been back healing heroic nef tank again and outside of platforms i don't really hit the raid with anything at all other than wild growth off nef, swiftmend lines up perfectly with every breath for tank and eff is great on tank now as well.
    Mastery will give more throughput than haste even with BiS gear this tier. The only time that may change is next tier. It doesn't matter how much mana/regen you feel you have, unless you are healing things that are just way under your gear level mastery will still come out on top.

This is my point, it's throughput after the spell lands.

Many times over the years me and most other healers have had tanks die miliseconds before another big heal lands. Haste can scrape that heal in where the other throughput stats do nothing.

This is my point, it's throughput after the spell lands.

Many times over the years me and most other healers have had tanks die miliseconds before another big heal lands. Haste can scrape that heal in where the other throughput stats do nothing.
    That excuse has its limits, those exact words were used in vanilla and still used to this day, "I missed my big heal by a second" etc.

Stacking haste after a breakpoint is a waste, if you're a dedicated tank healer in 10s then perhaps its different but if you're a dedicated tank healer in 10s then you're probably not in some cutting edge and progressive guild so there shouldn't be any concerns with min/maxing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste lands heals faster. Mastery makes the heals before that heal more. There is no fight right now where if you aren't just insanely far behind, you shouldn't be able to catch up without stacking haste. It's just not how healing as a group, our even your own healing synergy works. Stacking your stats so in one fail attempt, when healers aren't doing as they should(stacking shields, have hots on, not falling behind) is just a bad way to and a huge loss of throughput potential overall in 99% of situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronosaga View Post
    I'm full BIS now and writing up my new BIS list for Firelands, should we post our lists here or Mod already has a list?
    Also, sorry I missed this. I have one I just have to transfer over to a druid thread. It will be up tomorrow and everyone can add/contribute to.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-06-20 at 03:17 AM.