Page 41 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    living seed could never do 3% of your healing in a 25 man environment... You would be lucky if it even got to 1%. Can someone give me the numbers as to why 3/3 living seed beats BotG 2/2? Cause checking over my logs the only fights where i use direct heals A LOT is sinestra and for firelands baleroc. And on sinestra living seed netted me a .5% healing done (50k healing). Granted it could probably do a bit more if i wasn't the dispel bitch.

I have recently been playing my Resto Druid after not touching it ever since cata came out, I've been running dungeons recently and currently have 1.3k Justice points, so, should I purchase the Relic of Eonar for 700, then wait for the Core of Ripeness, or the other way around.

Core of Ripeness would give me 178 intellect replacing my green 272 trinket, whilst the Relic of Eonar would 53 more intellect, 36 more spirit, and 36 more crit, replacing my 285 relic.

I have a few greens with my char, the stats are all messed up but I can easily do heroics with my guild to gear up.

Ta.

On the matter of Living Seed vs. BotG, I've been looking through my logs from the first FL raid. 10-man normal, this is with 3/3 LS:

Shannox: LS 2.9%, RJ 24.1% + 3.4%
    Beth'tilac: LS 1.0%, RJ 20.2% + 2.7%
    Rhyolith: LS 0.3%, RJ 25.3% + 4.4%
    Alysrazor: LS 2.0%, RJ 27.5% + 3.9%

So I would say, for 10 man, LS is not only better than BotG, but it really totally beats it. There is just no point in dropping LS for BotG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just think people don't understand how little botg does. I mean just thinking about it, RJ will be 1st or 2nd every fight, you'd think that would be a much better overall throughput talent than a direct heal proc heal like LS. But, botg does such little +healing because the way the talent works, and LS does proc off any direct dmg.

There is a lot of direct dmg in Firelands. This isn't just being attacked by the boss melee, or adds, but any direct spell dmg too. Aoe pulsing type spells I think still don't proc it, but it should be healing fairly well in Firelands.

Botg gives less than little over 1/2 what it should to just RJ with both points in. If you have genesis, it does even less. LS isn't a great talent, botg is just worse.

Have you done any math on 2pc t12 regen return vs breaking 4pc t11?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see some math as well between the 4p T12 nad 2p T11. but just looking at it right now,

T-11:

• 2 pieces: Increases the critical strike chance of the periodic portion of your Lifebloom spell by 5%.
    • 4 pieces: While your Harmony mastery bonus to periodic healing is active, you gain 540 Spirit.

T12:

• 2 pieces: Your periodic healing from Lifebloom has a 40% chance to restore 1% of your base mana each time it heals a target.
    • 4 pieces: Your Swiftmend also heals an injured target within 8 yards for the same amount.

Depending where you are with your mana it looks like it could vary which one is better. But one could assume that if you have a full T11 set you would be near 100k (or more if you specced into Furor). But I would also think that since T12 has more int on it then T11, the 2p bouns would go even further. Now again, i suppose it would depend on how often it procs. Also, I have a hard time keeping Harmony up 100% of the time, I got really use to letting it fall to 1 or 2 seconds and just refreshing it with itself when I don't need the heal. But I made a power aura on my screen to show when I have it, and ive been trying to make sure to use other heals to keep it up.

So in my opinion T12 would give overall more mana especially if you have a harder time keeping up harmony than Lifebloom.

10+ Year Old Account
    T12 2piece is defiantly better. With the change, Blizz expected harmony to be up 90-100% of the time, they wouldn't make 2 piece t12 do less than 4 piece t11.

I haven't seen their numbers, but all the competent number crunchers have said you want to shift into 2 piece as soon as you can, ofc making sure you can keep your haste cap.

Read carefully : 2 pieces: Your periodic healing from Lifebloom has a 40% chance to restore 1% of your base mana each time it heals a target.

It restores 1% of your base mana not ur full mana pool. Remove all items and then check your mana and 1% of that will be restored. When i first saw it i had all strange thoughts about Firelands damage, thought to myself "1% of my mana that's like 1200 mana, wow uber mana regen, i bet there will be heavy aoe damage ", buuut when i read it the second time i saw it...so that mana return will be between 200-300 mana, depending on your spec.

I'm reallllly curious about some math for t11-4 and t12-2

Well, some simple math on that matter is not that difficult. It's probably not very accurate, but it clearly shows the direction.

4pT11: (100% harmony uptime)
    540 spi with 6500 int = 728 manareg
    ==> 364 mp5

2pT12: (Base mana: 18635 + 10% = 20500)
    205 mana, 40% on LB tick
    LB (100% uptime): 5.75 ticks per 5s
    ==> 471.5 mp5

So, even if the actual numbers are a bit different, 2pT12 will certainly win. They also offer better stats.

Deleted
    What you mean by:

BotG stacks additively. Meaning with two points you only get right over 2% instead of 4. There is really no reason to take 2/2 botg and only really should take 1/2 if you are dropping massive amounts of regen points.

Why 1 point is the same as 2 point? I do not get it, if so, it is a bad design of the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by rexebin View Post
    What you mean by:

BotG stacks additively. Meaning with two points you only get right over 2% instead of 4. There is really no reason to take 2/2 botg and only really should take 1/2 if you are dropping massive amounts of regen points.

Why 1 point is the same as 2 point? I do not get it, if so, it is a bad design of the talent.
    Two points in BotG gives about 2% more healing from rejuv. One point only gives half as much.

The comment to using one points refers to certain builds where you have one "excess" point in resto which you could put there.

Quote Originally Posted by Meliah View Post
    Is it worth getting the T12 4 set bonus? Some of pieces have really have stats and no spirit.
    Do you guys really care that much about spirit?
    I have been all about more int and keeping my 2005 haste. After that I have been enjoying crit and mastery, though I have leaned more to crit of the two.
    Spirit seems so subpar for us...no talents that support it ect.
    Revitalize and innervate are mana pool and int based are they not? (mind you, I do have the alchemist stone and many mana pots)
    I just don't get why the fuss about spirit. I sit around 2100 combat regen, and I haven't much for mana issues, even when things go horribly wrong.
    Am I missing something big here? *scratches head*
    "OP might be on to somthing. I once walked past an alley and I saw atleast 4 Blizz employees beating a man that had on a Rift T-Shirt. They started shouting racial slurs that had no relevance to the man himself and when they were done... they dropped a 2 month prepaid card on his bleeding, beaten body...." Zonas

You're not missing anything at all. A lot of people seem to have mixed up their priorities when it comes to gear:

Intellect > Haste (to 2005 cap) > Crit/Mastery > Spirit

Too often I see people prioritize haste or spirit above int. (There is an exception to haste if you're close to the haste cap, but other than that, int is king.)

[Edit] It's not unreasonable to reforge crit/mastery to spirit if you need the extra regen. But don't base a decision about whether or not to take a piece of gear on if it has spirit.
    Last edited by Dendrek; 2011-07-05 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted
    Actually I have 1 point in BotG and 3 on LS and works nice to me(10 men):

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hfbZZRfzId0ru0uo

Ofc LS isnt a great talent but its ok. I just dont take NB as I dont cast usually(almost never) Regrowth, and after the patch less even, now that we have so many time with the CCasting.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should want NB even more now. If you are getting more CC, crit was major buffed. With CC use RG and it almost crits 100% of the time, it will heal most than a regular HT and leave a hot.

Mana is not in a bad place right now. I SM on CD, use RG on every CC, and when I need to proc harmony use RG either on the tank to refresh LB or on the lowest person. It doesn't touch my mana, Harmony is at a good 90-95%, and RG crits almost every single time.

NB is an insane talent right now, much better than it used to be, which also buffed LS depending on the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    You should want NB even more now. If you are getting more CC, crit was major buffed. With CC use RG and it almost crits 100% of the time, it will heal most than a regular HT and leave a hot.

Mana is not in a bad place right now. I SM on CD, use RG on every CC, and when I need to proc harmony use RG either on the tank to refresh LB or on the lowest person. It doesn't touch my mana, Harmony is at a good 90-95%, and RG crits almost every single time.

NB is an insane talent right now, much better than it used to be, which also buffed LS depending on the fight.
    Hmm I ll give it a try today and see how it works =) But i was pretty happey actually=P

Thank you anyway =)

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    I've never had a tank/raid member die becuase the heal I cast wasn't big enough by 1k or so, unless you're able to time other CDs perfectly with it like Innervate (Which you're not going to usually save especially for PT to proc) then I'd say go for HS as you'll get more mana returned in the long run with HS over PT.
    Why not? The internal cooldown of Power Torrent is only 45 seconds and it proccs almost instantly after that. It's really very easy to time Innervate with Power Torrent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, that looks good thought taking a point from furor and putting it into MG will give you more regen. MG > furor, take our of furor 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    4.2 and crit vs mastery!: Crit values have changed from 150% to 200%. Mastery has also changed. More about how our new mastery works and how/when we should be procing it below. But, so far it seems crit will be better than mastery for throughput in all scenarios. The reason for this is that it doesn't seem to be working with any of our talents, unlike Symbiosis. Hamlet is claiming through his program Mastery is still better. I've seen through PTR testing and other sims, crit will be better. For now, I'm putting my faith in 'it's going to be your choice based on how you play'. If I see different during progression raids, I will fix it. I will be having a combo of both for progression.

Very general, but in every situation 10 and 25s, raid healing:
    Int > Spi(as much as you need) > Haste cap > crit = mastery > Haste after cap.
    Tank healing: Int > Spi(as much as you need) > Haste cap > crit > mastery > Haste after cap.
    I've just made a few updates to my spreadsheet. Harmony stacking additively with talents does bring the value of Mastery below Critical Strike, but when I added the double-dipping effect of Harmony on Efflorescence, Mastery becomes better again. At the moment, my spreadsheet does assume 100% Harmony uptime and Efflorescence always affecting 3 targets, so there's still some room to insert some subjectivity I guess.

If there were any doubts to BOTG (and Genesis, to a lesser extend) being crap, finding out that Harmony also stacks additively with that should erase all doubts.