Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i noticed the method druids were using shrooms on heroic will, thats the only time they seem useful.
    As I said before, all the good druids are using shrooms on certain encounters.
    Rank 1 guild in the world log, featuring Owld that has more ranks 1 on WoL and wowprogress than all EJ druids combined and multiplied by 10 http://worldoflogs.com/reports/u09v4...=13902&e=14657
    Waiting for ban, because I was right and 'theorycrafters' are 1 month behind the trend 4th time in last 4 contents.
    Quote Originally Posted by pulchritudinous View Post
    and also, for being "the 7th resto druid in the world to kill will hc" i'd expect better talents gems and knowledge really, you don't even hit the 3043 haste breakpoint and your gems are all over the place. ???
    Dps trinkets and neck with hit. Make a wild guess what gear it is.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torty View Post
    Rank 1 guild in the world log, featuring Owld that has more ranks 1 on WoL and wowprogress than all EJ druids combined and multiplied by 10 http://worldoflogs.com/reports/u09v4...=13902&e=14657
    Waiting for ban, because I was right and 'theorycrafters' are 1 month behind the trend 4th time in last 4 contents.

Dps trinkets and neck with hit. Make a wild guess what gear it is.

oh shit then, sorry my bad.

i doubt you'd get banned for that rofl.
    owld is probably one of the best druids in the world though, for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torty View Post
    And no one has argued with this. People argued with 'it should always be apart of your rotation'.

So no, stop pretending one log is the word of the WoW gods and one encounter which supports the usefulness of one spell(holy shit, this has happened every tier ever. You're a prophet.) makes the spell a part of your normal rotation. Grasping at straws...really.

Then the monk does 31k hps more with 3 spells, SCK, ReM and Uplift... all hail the king of raid healing.

-snip-

Stop being a hypocrite. If you want to continue the bitch match PM me as I said. Don't whine about people insulting you after you insult every person who replies to you. Enough.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2012-10-25 at 06:27 AM.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

"Rejuvenation
    If you use nourish as a filler this glyph is priceless. Going to depend on your character and playstyle. Spreadsheets seem to show that nourish now does next to nothing, and it's almost no longer worth casting. Will need to see in raids.
    "

Has anyone gotten any more data on this? I've been using Nourish still as a filler, but if it's completely worthless then I'll have to change my healing style.

I find shrooms only worthwhile in a 25 man setting tbh...

On a different topic...

Question for my fellow druids...on the UI topic.

I use vuhdo for my healing grid with it i can track my harmony uptime as well. Alot of you probably have used PowerAura 2 what are you guys using now in its place?

Also whats your comments and use for WeakAuras, NeedToKnow and OmniCC
    Last edited by Hygeia; 2012-10-25 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpieboi View Post
    "Rejuvenation
    If you use nourish as a filler this glyph is priceless. Going to depend on your character and playstyle. Spreadsheets seem to show that nourish now does next to nothing, and it's almost no longer worth casting. Will need to see in raids.
    "

Has anyone gotten any more data on this? I've been using Nourish still as a filler, but if it's completely worthless then I'll have to change my healing style.
    Usually if you're casting Nourish you're better off not casting at all and just sitting idly waiting for mana / casting something else.

I do, quite often though, use it for a tank or to top off someone who hasn't taken too much damage and I know a rejuv/anything else would be overheal. Healer communication is key to not overheal.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hygeia View Post
    I find shrooms only worthwhile in a 25 man setting tbh...
    I've been doing heroic spirit kings for some time now and I've found shrooms are actually quite very nice for the first 70% of the first boss's health. I basically only use WG, SM, clearcasts and shrooms during that time and end up at 95-98% mana when the next mob activates, with a solid 45-50k hps.

Having a mistweaver to "carry" my and his mana is nice though, through that phase he's pushing ~70k hps (chi torpedo op) with no mana loss really at all, but on our longest tries I've caught up with his healing done and in some cases (rare) even went over.

Other than that, I haven't found much use for shrooms other than pre-shrooming stuff like Arcane Velocity or Epicenter on Feng the Accursed.
    Last edited by mmoc68a4e4b5e2; 2012-10-25 at 01:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpieboi View Post
    "Rejuvenation
    "

Number wise nourish is no longer mana efficient. The amount of hpm it used to give was pretty good. It was good mostly due to our mana regening almost as fast as you could cast it. Now, it's not the case.

Personally, I've tried to use nourish. When mana was a problem right at the start I tried to fill with it but it just didn't do any healing, and I glyphed it and always used it over over hots thinking maybe it was still viable in a bad gear type of situation. I pretty much never use it now and dropped the glyph.

You just have to consider the mana you are using for it and the healing you are getting out of it vs. other spells. It's still the least amount of mana, but if you're going to get triple the healing from a spell double the mana it's not the best choice. Normally I'd say if you have nothing else to cast use it, but even then, it's almost better to just save your mana and heal when they can use a bigger heal or hot instead to get the most out of your mana.

I don't like saying pretty much worthless, but number wise it leans towards that way. It's less about playstyle now and more about it just not healing enough for the mana it costs.

Question for my fellow druids...on the UI topic.

I use vuhdo for my healing grid with it i can track my harmony uptime as well. Alot of you probably have used PowerAura 2 what are you guys using now in its place?

Also whats your comments and use for WeakAuras, NeedToKnow and OmniCC

I used powerauras for basically everything: NG, PT, ToL, Harmony, CC, and any other procs and CD timers. Now, vuhdo, needtoknow, and the basic UI can pretty much cover everything. Weakauras is basically poweraura(though it was broken just like PA for some time). OmniCC just adds timers to your spells. If you have a special bar for CDs that you don't want to bind or if you have a special bar just to watch that CD timers(and don't like something like coolLine) it's good.

More just up to you how you like to track things. Some ways are easier for some people than others, going to be up to personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    I used powerauras for basically everything: NG, PT, ToL, Harmony, CC, and any other procs and CD timers.
    How did you get PowerAura's to work? As im looking for that but apparently its not available yet for MoP?
    Or are you using Vudho and NeedToKnow now? Sorry i might be misunderstanding the sentence...

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you get PowerAura's to work? As im looking for that but apparently its not available yet for MoP?
    Or are you using Vudho and NeedToKnow now? Sorry i might be misunderstanding the sentence...
    It's still broken. Meant for pre-MoP. Apparently it's been worked on though: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43736 Not sure what exactly is going on with it at this point. I've tried going back to it numerous times and it's always still broken for me. =(

Deleted
    I prefer Classtimer/Needtoknow over Powerauras/Weakauras by miles. I really don't like just the icons popping up all over the screen, generally I feel that Classtimer/NTK will take a lot less space on your screen and will look a lot cleaner. That's just my opinion though.

Even then, Needtoknow isn't that nice either since once you configure a bar to show up somewhere, it shows up exactly there and doesn't go up/down if there are/aren't other buffs or stuff to track active. Classtimer is what I have used for a long time and I like it a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    I prefer Classtimer/Needtoknow over Powerauras/Weakauras by miles. I really don't like just the icons popping up all over the screen, generally I feel that classtimer/NTK will take a lot less space on your screen and will look a lot cleaner.

Even then, Needtoknow isn't that nice either since once you configure a bar to show up somewhere, it shows up exactly there and doesn't go up/down if there are/aren't other buffs or stuff to track active. Classtimer is what I have used for a long time and I like it a lot.
    Yeah, powerAura is really clunky. It's nice that it tracks everything and with sounds and symbols you can naturally know what's up without much brainpower, if you add everything you want to track you end up with a screen full of symbols and timers.

If needtoknow worked like Elkanos buff bars it would be perfect(honestly may be able to configure it to, haven't tried myself though).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Yeah, powerAura is really clunky. It's nice that it tracks everything and with sounds and symbols you can naturally know what's up without much brainpower, if you add everything you want to track you end up with a screen full of symbols and timers.

If needtoknow worked like Elkanos buff bars it would be perfect(honestly may be able to configure it to, haven't tried myself though).
    You are 100% right with the sounds and symbols, I'm sorry I forgot you could add those. For a person who can understand voices and sounds and react based on those better Powerauras/Weakauras will be perfect. Unfortunately I'm a very "visual person". A very good point of view though, thank you for that.

I'm fairly sure you can't edit NTK the way Elkano's buff bars works, though I could be wrong. If that's the case, it's done through the .lua file and I'm not an expert with that. I'm sure you can't do that ingame though (unless it's changed recently). Quite unfortunate, I really like NTK.

Deleted
    As for Jade Courtesan Figurine and Scroll of Revered Ancestors (they're identical, but different items) - your first page post probably lists their old values. The average Spirit from both should be about 898, given a 3595 Spirit on-use over 15 seconds, with a 1 minute cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    As for Jade Courtesan Figurine and Scroll of Revered Ancestors (they're identical, but different items) - your first page post probably lists their old values. The average Spirit from both should be about 898, given a 3595 Spirit on-use over 15 seconds, with a 1 minute cooldown.
    Updated, thanks. =]

I'll probably go over them all next week to make sure they're accurate. Most of the info was from beta or right at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    I prefer Classtimer/Needtoknow over Powerauras/Weakauras by miles. I really don't like just the icons popping up all over the screen, generally I feel that Classtimer/NTK will take a lot less space on your screen and will look a lot cleaner. That's just my opinion though.

Actually, WeakAuras is very powerful: it can do pretty much everything CT/NTK/PA does, but the downside is that it has a very steep learning curve and requires a lot of manual work to set it up (but once it's set up it works beautifully). It's excellent for those who like to customize their UI and fine-tune everything, and even better for those who have dabbled in Lua programming. (You can even use it as a boss mod!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ponens View Post
    Actually, WeakAuras is very powerful: it can do pretty much everything CT/NTK/PA does, but the downside is that it has a very steep learning curve and requires a lot of manual work to set it up (but once it's set up it works beautifully). It's excellent for those who like to customize their UI and fine-tune everything, and even better for those who have dabbled in Lua programming. (You can even use it as a boss mod!)
    Sure, but why see a huge amount of work when you can do the same with minimal? Classtimer takes VERY small amount of memory aswell, so no point in doing those kinds of stuff if you want a Classtimer-type tracker, really.

I might just be retarded. But im at 3045 haste and get 5 ticks of rejuv... I take off a few pieces of gear and drop to 2000 haste and still get the same amount of ticks of rejuv... Am i missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    I might just be retarded. But im at 3045 haste and get 5 ticks of rejuv... I take off a few pieces of gear and drop to 2000 haste and still get the same amount of ticks of rejuv... Am i missing something here?
    Did you try with a 5% haste buff in your party / raid? You should get an extra tick. RJ also instantly applies 1 tick at the time of casting so with a buff, you should get a total of 6 in your combat log.
    Ashr