Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Can you imagine a Worgen running around with a Gun/Bow?

Only thing stopping me from rolling a Worgen Hunter post Cata release at the moment, someone help me get over myself!
    Last edited by NotBad; 2010-12-06 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans can be hunters, and Worgen were humans at one point so it only makes sense...I guess. There are some odd looking things in WoW, and this is the least of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

Quote Originally Posted by Khallynos View Post
    Humans can be hunters, and Worgen were humans at one point so it only makes sense...I guess. There are some odd looking things in WoW, and this is the least of them.
    Yah I get that completely, the lore doesn't bother me. In fact everything else fits quite nicely except if I was a Hunter, and I turned into a Wolfman, I'd drop the Gun/Bow asap and just run around tearing things apart.

My hang up is stupid I know, but I have a easier time say picturing a Worgen Rogue, then a Hunter.

Deleted
    Odd looking things in wow.

Dwarf Females count into these things.

The only thing more badass than a mutha' fuckin' wolf man is a mutha' fuckin' wolf man with a mutha' fuckin' gun!

At least I'm not the only one who feels it's slightly weird.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who Cares? I like Eduard Khil though.. TROLOLO FOR PRESIDENT!
    Quote Originally Posted by gutsandguns View Post
    The only thing more badass than a mutha' fuckin' wolf man is a mutha' fuckin' wolf man with a mutha' fuckin' gun!
    This.
    I <3 you.
    Infractions this, infractions that.
    There's my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    This.
    I <3 you.
    *blushes*

im gonna delete my low level hunter just to start one.

Keep the posts coming! You have 10 hours to convince me.

My alternative is a Dwarf, which I already have at level 15.

Deleted
    There is some curse (a 2-minute debuff from one of the mobs) in one of the zones I levelled my hunter in that made you look like a Worgen, can't remember which one it was.

It didn't look too bad with the heirloom gun.

Deleted
    They're angry enough to turn into their Worgen form, yet not entirely feral, so they don't attack with their claws.

Also, if you've ever done archery yourself, you might find you can shoot arrows while -extremely- angry and feel as good as if you've just throttled someone with a huge 2handed mace. (Or at least, that's how I feel somehow )

gnome warriors tanking huge dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    gnome warriors tanking huge dragons.
    While unbelievable, it's also so damn epic.

Worgen shooting things does not feel epic.

I have similar difficulty with Worgen casters. When I play worgen I want to be up in the melee slashing away in feral rage, not standing in the back casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortius View Post
    I have similar difficulty with Worgen casters. When I play worgen I want to be up in the melee slashing away in feral rage, not standing in the back casting.
    Funny, I don't have this hang up (shooting magic out of your hands isn't something you just "give up"), but don't get me started on Wands or Staves. I do have a similar hang up of a Worgen carrying around a shield as well.

I don't even RP, so why I'm neurotic about this crap is beyond me.
    Last edited by NotBad; 2010-12-06 at 10:10 PM.

It might help to not think of them as feral rage filled wolves. I don't pretend to understand the lore or average personality of a Worgen or Wolf man, but it seems reasonable to me to expect a Worgen to be in tune with the natural world uses his keen wolf senses to track and trap his prey, while maintain his intellect to use tools and take out his prey from a distance before they are aware of his presence. Hell hunters even get (the useless) camoflague ability in line with this sort of thing.

Although this reasoning doesn't really help you with how ridiculous looking a worgen with a bow/gun seems to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurrin View Post
    It might help to not think of them as feral rage filled wolves. I don't pretend to understand the lore or average personality of a Worgen or Wolf man, but it seems reasonable to me to expect a Worgen to be in tune with the natural world uses his keen wolf senses to track and trap his prey, while maintain his intellect to use tools and take out his prey from a distance before they are aware of his presence. Hell hunters even get (the useless) camoflague ability in line with this sort of thing.

Although this reasoning doesn't really help you with how ridiculous looking a worgen with a bow/gun seems to you.
    Actually, I think a Worgen looks okay/pretty cool with a gun/bow. I edited my title because I realize 'picture' is misleading.

I can't imagine why a Worgen Hunter would carry around a gun, I can however picture it perfectly. So your post is actually perfect.
    Last edited by NotBad; 2010-12-06 at 10:53 PM.

well its not stranger than a worgen using swords...why a savage wolfman with claws as big and sharp as daggers would bother with a sword is beyond me...

I'm rolling a Worgen mage because my worgen doesn't want to break his nails.