Cataclysm Professions

Since blizzad changed the level ranges of the zone to 80 as minimum instead of 78, i was wondering if they did the same for professions. Will I have to have my professions maxed in order to get cataclysm patterns or is there a minimum below max skill? Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be available at level 75 and 425 skill, but Wowhead doesn't seem to have any data on them so I can't confirm it.

Also whats this about trainers not being available until lvl 84?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syronicus View Post
    Also whats this about trainers not being available until lvl 84?
    Never heard that one before. Why wouldn't they be available until then?

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Never heard that one before. Why wouldn't they be available until then?
    Something about phasing and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syronicus View Post
    Something about phasing and such.
    There are Illustrious Grand Master trainers in capital cities. There should be no phasing getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    There are Illustrious Grand Master trainers in capital cities. There should be no phasing getting in the way.
    I'll have to check the professions forums, I remember mention that for a few crafting professions there were things that didn't become available until 84.

I leveled mining & herbing to 525 in Beta, and didn't run into anything like that - but there was a thread which mentioned Engineering as being one that required geting to 84 to get access to all the perks.

The only actual facts I've heard about profession leveling and lvl 84 are that for some professions, all the high level recipes are only available in phased areas, so you can't max out your profession without hitting lvl 84.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekzilla View Post
    The only actual facts I've heard about profession leveling and lvl 84 are that for some professions, all the high level recipes are only available in phased areas, so you can't max out your profession without hitting lvl 84.
    That could certainly be what was meant. It wouldn't surprise me.

Deleted
    Anyone knows about how fishing 450-525 will work? Will it have the 84lvl limitation? Did you have to restart game after midnight in order to get Illustrious training activated?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FireLord View Post
    Anyone knows about how fishing 450-525 will work? Will it have the 84lvl limitation? Did you have to restart game after midnight in order to get Illustrious training activated?
    Gathering professions shouldn't have that limitation, since you don't need patterns to advance them.

And yes, you will need to log out and back in to access any Cataclysm features.