guild reputation

Is it happening without cata? I see that they require expansion for guild levelling/perks, but havent seen word on rep. Sorry if it sounds newbish.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    you dont need Cata to lvl a guild

no, what I meant is, do I need cata to raise my rep with the guild.

guild leveling does not require the expac

Guild leveling and guild reputation will also be available, but you can still benefit from these systems without upgrading to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...unch-reminders
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by biv1982 View Post
    you dont need Cata to lvl a guild
    Actually, you do. Guild leveling is not available until Cataclysm goes live, or else people would have been able to start guild leveling before now.

(See example of Bilgewater Cartel exalted reputation--not required for Cataclysm, was available during 4.03a.)

Rep and leveling are tied into each other; you level, and you gain rep simultaneously and having both is what gives you the perks.

What the Blue is saying is that you get things like faster hearthstone if your guild is that level. You can't contribute to leveling and you can't gain guild rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Actually, you do. Guild leveling is not available until Cataclysm goes live, or else people would have been able to start guild leveling before now.

(See example of Bilgewater Cartel exalted reputation--not required for Cataclysm, was available during 4.03a.)

Rep and leveling are tied into each other; you level, and you gain rep simultaneously and having both is what gives you the perks.
    It won't be active until Cataclysm is live, but you don't need Cataclysm on your account to level a guild or gain rep with one.

Thanks very much, especially for that blue post, answered my questions

You need to wait until Cata is released, but you don't need the expansion. Everybody can access it, but not until Cata is live.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Deleted

By that logic when you hit 85 you cant level with any guild untill teh next xpac comes out

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticroots View Post
    By that logic when you hit 85 you cant level with any guild untill teh next xpac comes out
    I meant guild rep and guild leveling. Damn my shorthand.