Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Experienced the same for Starcraft 2 release, gamestop was packed and sold out, walmart had next to no one else looking for the game.

You can preorder at walmart, however they only ship as far as I know, meaning you won't have it in your hand on release day. Where as best buy, gamestop etc, you can preorder and pick up at midnight.

It's obvious you can get the game at Wal-mart 3 hours before Gamestop releases it but servers won't be live.

Yup, been doing it for games since Halo 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

when I got WotLK at wal-mart I got there about 10 and a line had already formed, thankfully I was somewhere between the tenth and twentieth person in line, but by the time they started actually selling it the line had a good couple hundred people

I went to wal mart for Lich King and they had a line of like 10 people for the collectors edition and about 6 for a regular copy. They sold the CE in the electronics section and the regular in the front.

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveIi View Post
    walmart does not have the CE's
    why not? theyve had collectors for wrath and bc

Part of the fun of the midnight release is nerdiing out in line with everyone else. You can bypass it if you like but I would not miss it for the world.

Quote Originally Posted by animeguru08 View Post
    I went to wal mart for Lich King and they had a line of like 10 people for the collectors edition and about 6 for a regular copy. They sold the CE in the electronics section and the regular in the front.
    >.> so there are CE's

Anyone whose done the Walmart gig before what time should I go? If it helps I'm in Western PA

I work at Wal-Mart part-time. We have CE's.

The local wal-mart here sold out during Wotlk in a matter of minutes, however a nearby town 20 minutes away had a huge display in their wal-mart that was nearly untouched. I went digital this time around, less hassle to deal with.

I go to Gamestop for the thrill.

Getting on top of my car in the middle of the parking lot and screaming "For the Horde!" and then "For the Alliance!" just gives me an adrenaline rush.

Not true. A friend of mine works at Walmart and they have the CEs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I pre-ordered a CE from Walmart (at that time amazon was sold out, and I can't do a midnight release due to work) a while ago. Should be delivered Tuesday morning. =)

Always go to walmart because the type of people that shop their cant afford PCs to play the games on therefore no lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Formerly of the People's Republic of Illinois
    Plus Wal-Mart employees are very stupid and easily tricked into giving you the game early....

Cool

Haha, yeah, I'm stationed in Germany so picking up a preorder was pretty much out of the question... Got some last second leave and decided to see what wal-mart could cook up for me, pre-ordered it and got teh email that it shipped on the 4th and will be at my door when I wake up xD gg wal-mart you heartless bastards, I don't think I could live without you

Yeah, it's great. Except of course for the fact that you have to be inside a Walmart. I'm waiting outside at Gamestop.

Unless you're on Comcast (download limitations obliterated instantly) or want the Collector's Edition (I'm looking forward to my art book, incidentally), then I'd have to say get the digital copy. No hassle, don't have to risk even a moment of waiting in line, you'd already have cataclysm installed when most people are still in line buying it, guaranteed to be able to log on the moment the expansion goes live.

If I hadn't decided I really wanted the art book this time, too, I'd have just gone with digital. I remember at Wrath launch I was so ticked because I never managed to get a CE pre-order and spent about a week saying "Why can't I just buy a digital copy *grumble**grumble* and was excited when a digital copy became available a few weeks later.

So seriously, go digital if you can, or if you don't want the CE.

10+ Year Old Account
    This applies to Target and Fred Meyer stores as well.

Same thing happened with Starcraft II. I just walked over to Wal-mart and picked it up at 12:00AM. There was a line of 25 outside Gamestop. >.<. This time I decided to just to a digital download and be done with it.