Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Australia Street date/time Changed!

Anyone waiting in Australia to go pick there Cataclysm store copy's or collectors editions up at 6:00-7:00pm tonight Can do so now. The street date has been lifted. Call your game shop!

Yeah same deal in New Zealand. I thought it was weird how they were only going to start giving it out at 9pm, the same time servers go live.
    I suppose someone figured out that it doesn't matter if you get the box/CD etc early if the servers wont let you play it until they are ready.

Can confirm the NZ situation - EB broke the embargo so its all on..... running to car while typing...

JB hifi here I come....
    Last edited by Balir; 2010-12-07 at 01:46 AM.

Yeah it was meant to be 6pm here in brisbane but JB Hifi started selling at 9am so EB followed suit..I guess to remain competitive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah my girlfriend got an E-mail from EB saying it was being sold.

I pre-ordered at Game, so called them up and asked, and sure enough, they're selling it now.

Already gone down and picked it up, installing now

Just got the email and was about to call EB to make sure, wooo, guess that means we can install early and be ready at launch time like the Digital Download people (also awesome for people like me waiting for CE's) =D

Oh wow, I'm on my iPhone and I just got a text from eb games whilst waiting for this page to load saying its ready to be picked up now. Which is nice because I've got basketball during the time it was meant to be released just 3 more hours of work left!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittystyle View Post
    Yeah same deal in New Zealand. I thought it was weird how they were only going to start giving it out at 9pm, the same time servers go live.
    I suppose someone figured out that it doesn't matter if you get the box/CD etc early if the servers wont let you play it until they are ready.
    Everyone knows that... The thing is, Blizzard had made retailers sign a contract of agreement that they could only sell the game at a set time/date. It is illegal by law to break a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by defiledzz View Post
    Everyone knows that... The thing is, Blizzard had made retailers sign a contract of agreement that they could only sell the game at a set time/date. It is illegal by law to break a contract.
    The money they make by remaining competitive will probably largely dwarf the penalty of any fine..if it is even imposed.

Happening here in Melbourne too.
    I got a call at 10am saying I could pickup Cata at 7pm, then my girlfriend got a call around 12:30 saying "Don't worry about 7pm, you can pick it up now, let your boyfriend know too".
    Heading to pick it up as soon as my lunch break arrives

saw this thread, ran down got my copy, all within 5mins thank you mmo

The contract also said that if any company broke it then they could sell to remain comptetive.
    Probably had a clause like that in there.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Quote Originally Posted by defiledzz View Post
    Dunno if it's just Melbourne, or just Australia but it seems that noone cares about release dates anymore. eg. just yesterday I got Inception on DVD, that isn't supposed to be out until tomorrow lol.

Just picked mine up :P lol me and the lady there were super excited!!!!!

YAY i has mine, sitting with me now... does anybody know if we can put the key in yet or have to wait?
    Last edited by Ezekielz; 2010-12-07 at 03:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Omg yesss

Yup, I got an SMS from JB Hifi in Sydney that I could come in and pick it up.

EPP though we still have to wait with the rest of US untill 9.01 nz time .
    OMG i am so ready since i thought i would have to wait till the nest morning to play but now im pulling an all nighter with my engery drinks and crunchy bars

Aha, turns out JB-HiFi in Melbourne are the ones who broke the embargo, a mate of mine picked up his copy at 7pm last night (ie, 24 hours early).