Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If you guys like Boardwalk then I highly recommend checking out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wiV0lrYP8M

15+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm going to have to save up episodes from this show. I love it a lot, but I just have too much to watch right now. It's hard to keep track of whats going on watching it week to week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyJoe View Post
    I'm completely hooked. I had thought The Walking Dead might eclipse it, but I was wrong in a big way. I love everything about the show... best thing on HBO (or any channel for that matter) currently.
    Ya, last year it was on the bottom of my shows to watch that came on Sunday nights. Sunday just has so many awesome shows. I now look forward to this more than Dexter and the Dead.

You just know things are about to get crazy! No Chalky last week, so I expect some of his badassery this week.

---------- Post added 2011-10-30 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreSick View Post
    If you guys like Boardwalk then I highly recommend checking out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wiV0lrYP8M
    I honestly could not pick a favorite. This show is just what legends are made of. It is starting to get to the level of the Wire, character wise.
    I like sandwiches

Holy cow things got crazy. They seem to alternate between busy episodes and 'OMGWTF' episodes.

There was so much emphasis on Soldiers, Generals, and Traitors I don't even know what to think... Gonna have to rewatch it this week to help things sink in.

I haven't caught up yet. Too much to do, so I've missed the last two (now three) episodes. But I'll catch up with it soon. It's really getting more interesting though as far as story and character depths

10+ Year Old Account
    I never thought I'd say it but I'm lovin Michael Shannon and Paz De Le Huerta ( Van Alden and Lucy ). It's just so strange and entertaining. I almost died at the awesome "I brought lemons" quote from last episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Holy cow things got crazy. They seem to alternate between busy episodes and 'OMGWTF' episodes.

There was so much emphasis on Soldiers, Generals, and Traitors I don't even know what to think... Gonna have to rewatch it this week to help things sink in.
    Yes... it was an intense episode for sure. Probably the best of the season so far.

I got a sneaking suspicion Nucky's gonna try and strike a deal with the IRA involving guns. (And no, I didn't go and read 'spoilers' from the history available).

It was interesting to see the bosses meet up though, as well as the short asides that showed their relative intellect... "Is Romulus his partner or something ?".

Only got about 3 episodes in though.

One of my favorite shows of all time. Basis' a lot of it's plot on real characters, however what happens in the show isn't historically accurate at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just noticed Dominic Chianese playing one of the alderman. Uncle Junior if you don't recognize the name. Really should give him more screen time

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I got a sneaking suspicion Nucky's gonna try and strike a deal with the IRA involving guns.
    Hey now... look at that. =)

Pretty interesting episode overall, hope to see Nucky & Jimmy as business partners in the future.

ARISE MY MINION!

Just needed to pull these thread back up and say THAT THE NEWEST EPISODE MINDF**KED ME!

One more episode left? Why do you do this to me HBO?
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    ARISE MY MINION!

Just needed to pull these thread back up and say THAT THE NEWEST EPISODE MINDF**KED ME!

One more episode left? Why do you do this to me HBO?
    Seriously! WTF?

Did Jimmy and his Mom just trump Cersei and Jaime on Game of Thrones???

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Seriously! WTF?

Did Jimmy and his Mom just trump Cersei and Jaime on Game of Thrones???
    I think the problem with Jimmy and his mom is that we ABSOLUTELY KNEW something jacked up happened, but we really didn't want to admit that it was incest. Also, I was pretty sad that his hot lesbian wife was killed in the previous episode.

Want to know something even more jacked up? Jimmy and his soon-to-be wife were messing around at the same time that he had sex with his mother. One question: Is the kid his wife's, or his mother's? Think about the current relationship between his wife and his mother.

MY BRRRRAAAAAINNNNNN....
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    Want to know something even more jacked up? Jimmy and his soon-to-be wife were messing around at the same time that he had sex with his mother. One question: Is the kid his wife's, or his mother's? Think about the current relationship between his wife and his mother.
    Oh, the kid is Angela's no doubt about it. Think about it: If you're a young woman, are you going to knowingly go along with THAT? No way.

Let me see if my count is correct:

On "Rome," Octavian got a little action with his older sister Octavia.

On "Game of Thrones," we all know about Jaime and Cersei (twincest!)

Now we have Oedipus Darmody.

HBO: It's not TV. It's red hot incest action.

Did I miss any? Surely there must have been something on Oz, or maybe Carnivale.

Deleted
    is this show anygood..

shows i like. Breaking Bad, Walking Dead Homeland and Dexter, will I enjoy this also?

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    HBO: It's not TV. It's red hot incest action.
    lol gross but true

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    is this show anygood..

shows i like. Breaking Bad, Walking Dead Homeland and Dexter, will I enjoy this also?
    If you like slow burns and good character studies, yes. If you want faster pace shows with a lot of action, maybe not.

It's an excellent period piece. There will be stretches of episodes where it may feel like nothing really happened... until you come to a watershed moment and realize all that setup was worth it. There was an event in season one that seemed like it got swept under the rug for a whole year without even a mention, only to pop back up again last night for a pretty good payoff.

A better way to put it is: If you like mafia type stories/shows/movies for the story and characters, you'll like this. If you like those kinds of things just to see people getting whacked and families going to the mattresses, you may be let down. Oh, those things happen, but not often enough for the ADD crowd.

I think the season has been more action-packed but also a lot messier plot-wise. I just didn't like how the earlier episodes jumped around the characters. Van Alden was in an episode and then he'd disappear for two, or Chalky having an episode to himself and now he's been out of the picture most of the season. I also felt they knocked out the Commodore too early in the season, and that's where the plot started to jump all over the place. Unfortunately, I was spoiled in October on a message board about what would happen in the last three episodes, but I do hope the finale will still be thrilling enough. If you truly want to know what happens, you can pm me. Otherwise, I envy you and enjoy the finale.