Potential Earnings Advice

So I've completely rerolled a new account on a new server recently. I've managed only level 1 toon to 80 given that I rerolled only a few weeks ago. On that 80 I'm 450mining/450 herb (yay free money while leveling). I've been planning on dropping mining for Inscription (I've saved more than enough herbs to power level in a few minutes and I have 57 books of glyph mastery). My question is what has more potential earnings in your opinion?

Would it be better to level to 85 and collect everything I can along the way to 85 and farm for a few days and sell the ore/excess herbs at highly inflated prices?

Or would it be better to drop mining now, level inscription, and try to be one of the first selling the new darkmoon cards while also taking advantage of people rolling goblins and worgen and buying glyphs at highly inflated prices?

I'm only interested in inscription as a profession and I've accumulated 20k gold from leveling and playing the AH for a few weeks that can be blown on buying new herbs.

Thoughts?

---------- Post added 2010-12-07 at 04:34 AM ----------

I guess this would also be helpful information. On my server there are apparently not very many inscriptions as its very common for glyphs to sell for about 100g each.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think at the very least you should wait until 85 to train inscription as the herb/ore prices will be through the roof because of people going for server firsts and i suspect that, though the value of crafted items will go down, it till take quite a lot longer for them to drop significantly than it will for gathering professions, so you should still be able to make a decent amount of gold from your gathering professions, then change over and make a bunch from inscription.

Good luck with the gold making, I too am focusing on making as much gold as possible when the expansion launches, however I do not have any toons with gathering professions, so i'm gonna have to do my best to play the AH like a boss.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Thanks for the input