Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'ma manager at the local Walmart...and I made sure the games were there and ready to go on time. If you bought all six copies, management wasn't doing their job right. You should have only be able to buy one limited edition at a time. Just FYI, yes I did set in line and wait, just like everyone else. I was number three in line.

And yes, every Walmart was supposed to do the same thing...and no...they get paid $8.35 an hour not seven.

Quote Originally Posted by lustyevilgnome View Post
    If you were making $7 an hour, you wouldn't care either.
    This.

Got it at my wal-mart. They were ready, got through us quick, and I got a poster.

Sounds like you have a shit walmart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happened to me with SC2, waited around for an hour until one of us nerds gathered to courage to ask someone, they had a secret stash in the back but it was only collector's editions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    Sounds like it's your specific store because I received mine perfectly on time at wal-mart.
    We have 150 copies left over at my store right now. Sounds like OP local store fails.

Also, digital download ftw?

Most Wal-Marts start to restock at 00:30-01:00. Electronics is usually a low priority, so I wouldn't be surprised that it wasn't out yet. For WotLK and TBC I went by at 01:30 after I left work, and they were just putting up the display.

I got there at 8pm, est. Was first one in line, bought all 6 copies, there were like 30 people in line, .... definately looked behind me as I left, youve never seen nerd rage like that, I told em qq, send a ticket.
    Shame on numbers 2 through 6 in line for not jumping you in the parking lot and each taking a copy that they had been standing in line for.

to trucidor:

1. had a guy come in religously every moday at midnight to pick up the newest movies
    2. very, and i stress very, few ppl in the electronics dept have any experience with electronics
    3. dont worry we hate the grocery ppl too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucidor View Post
    Not surprised. Went to mine and there was literally nothing displayed. I started to think they might not have any, while I waited in line for:

- Two people to buy Inception (seriously? going to the store for a midnight release of a movie?)
    - One guy to ask where he could get an XBox power cord, and the employee asking if it was some kind of game accessory (/facepalm)
    - Some big random ass dude who walked up with a full cart of groceries and just started checking out (go up front, dick - but no one wanted to say anything to him)

I finally got a chance to walk up and ask if they had any copies of the new World of Warcraft expansion. I was met with a blank stare, and I was sad, as I knew I was going to miss the launch, and be arrested for arson of a Wal-Mart. Before my homicidal rage kicked in, a nearby employee had at least read the memo of new releases today, and told her to get me a copy of "the game". She opened a box of regular editions, and I got the first one.

Didn't see any posters, or CEs, and didn't want to ask because I may as well have been speaking orcish to them. I just paid and got the hell out of there. But for all the grumbling, it's still the best way to go if you want a physical copy, and want to avoid the crowd. All things considered I was in and out in 15 minutes.
    Hah. Arson.

Even more hah. Inception.
    What a bad movie. What planet do you live on where people actually went to the release of that?

Likewise, I ordered my copy from Amazon so jokes on me, I get to wait for YEARS to be able to play it.

(Where 'years' is equal to an extra week)

Quote Originally Posted by Trucidor View Post
    Shame on numbers 2 through 6 in line for not jumping you in the parking lot and each taking a copy that they had been standing in line for.
    Meh, we all do what we must for our loved ones for xmas. I sure wasnt gonna ebay 6 tomorrow at 300 a pop. Most came an hour to 30 mins before midnight, I was there at 8, with a chair I had borrowed from home goods, and a case of soda and a bag of chips. Spending 4 hours in a wally world is something ill never do again

I have 3 really good Wal-marts in my area that have really knowledgeable people in the Electronics. Ask about a game, and they could tell you every Character's name in it. Ask about a CD, and they could tell you where it's at. Ask about a TV, and they have all kinds of good opinions on which ones to buy.

A lot of my real life friends work there, and every person I've met working the Electronics knows their stuff, even elderly men and women. No kidding!

If it helps any, they were at the front of the store at a register when I got there. I don't know if they do that at most walmarts, but they did at the one I went to.

So I went with my friends to Wal-Mart this evening as they purchased theirs ( I had to pre order online due to my lack of physical money atm where I am) and we wondered to the game isle didnt see any hintings then I walked over for them (both socially shy to strangers) and asked where we should go we were directed to the photo check out where one guy was sitting so we were the second people in line. Discussed our faction choices class prefrence and such was a good time at exactly midnight they guy started checking us out went better then expected. We were out and home by 12 30.

However I forget that the whole world doesnt know what cataclysm is seeing as how I asked the lady where we could buy cataclysm and she looked at me like I was speaking a different language I had to slowly say World of Warcraft the computer game for her to direct me. >.<

thats why i said very few ppl in walmart's electronics know what they are doing. my store started hiring anybody to fill in the dept. the ppl that were comin in had enough trouble reading.

After the Gamespot that I pre-ordered from was closed at 12:30, I went to walmart and bought a CE they had sitting on the counter. Two guys in front of me, in and out.

Just bought the Collector's Edition from my Wal-Mart an hour ago. Walked in - Walked out. Less than 5 minutes in the store. Game was at the front registers.

The walmart i work at is in the middle of nowhere.. basically a hick town but i made sure we had over 100 copies ready for our customers. I been playing WoW for about 5 years now and a lot of the associates there do too. A lot of people probably don't know that much about electronics, but when it and the Connection Center are 2 of the highest pay hourly jobs in the store, you go for them reguardless of knowledge.

If i was working the midnight release ( i took Tuesday thru Friday off to play), i def would not had sold 1 person more than 1 copy at a time.. honestly the person that do should be coached for doing something so stupid.

Its pays to be Dept Manager of Electronic =)

This is happening as we speak at a best buy for my roommate. They have a sticker on their front door that indicates they're having a midnight release, but they didn't even know what he was talking about. You work for a goddamn video game selling store, there are several hundred people lined up outside and posters everywhere...how do you miss these things?

Not every Walmart fails... just the ones that dont know how to handle Midnight releases or pay attention to things like this