How to make a better Cataclysm

First up let me say my journey to 84 thus far has been awesome and this is by no means a qq thread. With that said however, these kill x quests are to an extent ruining an otherwise great expansion. What annoys me the most is that if they increased mob respawn time by 50% it would be to much extent fixed, but instead I'm stuck having to find 5 man groups to do what should be simple quests.. Vashjir in particular is a nightmare for this.

Is anyone else running into this? Or is playing on a high pop realm causing me to have an altered experience?

its only the firstday of the expac this happens every expansion and after a few days things normalize

Quote Originally Posted by Ninurta View Post
    its only the firstday of the expac this happens every expansion and after a few days things normalize
    True, but they could atleast put up a world buff that increased mob respawn time for the first week or something, considering how many people do level within the first 24hours of it going live you would think they would accommodate for it.

First day of the expansion on a high pop server is what is doing it to you.

The exact same thing happens every expansion. Hell, if you rolled one of the new race/class combos when the Shattering happened you saw a similar situation in the newbie zones.

Deleted
    I doubt Blizzard designed the expansion specifically to cater to power levellers who do not wish to see the content.

Yes and no, I've actually been running into the opposite problem a bit, where mobs re spawn too quickly and I am stuck fighting an endless battle. It's particularly bad when it's a mob I don't need for a quest. Yes I am getting xp but it has resulted in a couple of deaths and that is annoying

some of the very populated places seems to have an insane respawn rate. I had to fight the same mob around 10 times before i finally got out of combat due to it respawning instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Justt View Post
    True, but they could atleast put up a world buff that increased mob respawn time for the first week or something, considering how many people do level within the first 24hours of it going live you would think they would accommodate for it.
    Why go through that effort? How does the buff work? Does it effect all mobs at all times? What about when the population of players thins out? Will it wind up with a single player in an area having to fight off instantly respawning mobs?

Not worth it.

Hmm yeah, I'm probably overreacting, still I think the situation could have been better dealt with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't a spawn-on-demand timer implemented even before Burning Crusade came out?

And yes, I'm still leveling alts (haven't bought Cata yet) - kill x quests are stupid. Great stories told in the new zones so far, but come on... they have had much better quest objectives than those ones before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    And yes, I'm still leveling alts (haven't bought Cata yet) - kill x quests are stupid. Great stories told in the new zones so far, but come on... they have had much better quest objectives than those ones before.
    We need the "kill x" quests to make the good quests shine. If every quest was some quirky mechanic or special event then it would get old very fast.

The respawn timer works like this the more people in the area on x quest the faster the mobs respawn, always been there since BC

I got to agree that respawn is too slow in hyjal/vasjh but as I moved on it actually got to be a problem because mobs were just insta respawning one after the other

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Will it wind up with a single player in an area having to fight off instantly respawning mobs?
    Not to derail the thread, but I've had this happen to me quite a few times.

One truly bad instance of this was when my wife and I were (casually) leveling through Dragonblight. We had just finished the alliance quest where you drive the tank around blowing up scourge siege wagons, and were inside the crypt killing undead. We started pulling in one room and the mobs kept insta-respawning and insta-aggroing. By the time we could get out (darn those stupid abominations and their scourge hook!), there was a MASSIVE pile of corpses on the floor. We didn't get an exact count, but it ended up being between 20 and 30 corpses in the period of about a minute (this was pre-4.0.3 damage nerfs). Needless to say, my wife refuses to go into any crypts now.

Deleted
    When i'm waiting on respawns.. I gank horde.