Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Levelling Server Truce

There seems to have been a good, unspoken agreement between alliance and horde on my server (Ragnaros-EU) while levelling - don't attack me and I won't attack you.

Even if its like 8v1, people have not been ganking each other while questing (except for the first few hours in hyjal), even if competing for quest mobs or objects. It has made it a hell of a lot easier to level and has probably saved everyone hours of time that would otherwise be spent corpse running or nuking something that is not going to give you xp.

I think I have been attacked twice on my way to almost 84, once by a hunter (who died /lol) and once by a paldin who just HoJ'd me then kept on running. Not counting the druid who popped starfall on some mobs when we were about 30 yards away =P.

I was wondering if any other servers have had similar situation, or if it is full-on pvp war?

10+ Year Old Account
    i call tauren poop on this.

im sure everyone is pvping

I had a warrior in full wrathful run up to me and try to kill me while im blizzard'ing 5 mobs.. he was unaware that my mage was frost, and in full tier 10.5 H... Silly warrior

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i call tauren poop on this.

im sure everyone is pvping
    I'm not trolling, I assure you. Around the obelisk of the Sun thingies there were I'd say 3 alliance and about 7 horde all going for the dudes/chests, a lot of competition, yet I didn't get attacked by one of them and I didn't see anyone else pvping either.
    Seems to be a kind of agreement that pvping makes levelling slow.

Yeah I usually find theres an "unspoken truce" while leveling, was the case in TBC for me and slightly so for WotLK.

But theres always that one jacka#$ that has to kill you... -.-

Deleted
    I'm on Eredar-EU.
    Alliance.

I wish we would have a truce there. It's kill or be killed. Try fighting back and they'll still win. /sadpanda

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    Yeah I usually find theres an "unspoken truce" while leveling, was the case in TBC for me and slightly so for WotLK.

But theres always that one jacka#$ that has to kill you... -.-
    They try, but I'm a pretty well geared shadow priest and they don't win often XD.

You should see Warsong - US, son. It's a 7:1 Horde to Alliance ratio.
    Alliance were fleeing from Hyjal 20 minutes after launch because Horde simple killed anything that was red.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Well on frostmane its not like that at all, especialy since alliance got all servers first so i guess horde players are not realy happy about it so there is a lot of ganing and its very anoying, not enough that 20 people w8its for one mob to spwn + the pvp with it .. comon

I'm on pve server and find it insanely puzzling: WHY some people, belonging to extremely outnumbered horde, turn on their pvp flags?

Nevertheless, it's fun to suddenly nuke them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    You should see Warsong - US, son. It's a 7:1 Horde to Alliance ratio.
    Alliance were fleeing from Hyjal 20 minutes after launch because Horde simple killed anything that was red.
    ^this on US-Mug'thol, just with a worse ratio. There are more Bloodelves than Alliance combined on our server. Needless to say, Alliance is not gonna get to level until end of December, until every horde has had their toons to 85...
    [flash=450,80]http://wow.ukgl.co.uk/wow.swf?s=US&r=Mug'thol&n=Banibaq&h?=.swf[/flash]

10+ Year Old Account
    Same goes for ysondre, seems people are avoiding attacking each other as much as possible.

Deleted
    Lightings Blade - EU Alliance is like this: Hello mr Horde I am not going to harm you! . Horde: Rawr me wantz! And they roflstomp you with 8 and keep camping for a couple of hours. Not every horde is bad though, just a small group

I like the pvp truce while levelling. Then again, I think pretty much everyone who's been on that PVP server has the same goal, to level as fast as possible. Time spent killing each other is time someone else is tagging your mob or looting your quest item. I really think most of the people who come tromping along trying to go 1 on 8 are those from pve servers who think all pvp servers are about is ganking others. Meh, let them have their moment of lulz. Names are rarely forgotten.

Deleted
    Frostmane-EU (pvp realm)

Constantly surrounded by red name tags but only once got attacked by horde. Pally used exorcism and judgment on me while passing by. I killed him on my priest,he nuked me after that and we continued questing together.

I play on Tarren Mill - EU and I've run across players of the opposite factions many levels higher than myself,
    and none of them attacked me. We were all skilling archaelogy and /congratulated eachother once done.

Seemed like a pretty friendly truce. Not a single one has attacked me thus far, just some emote flirting.

Deleted
    Sylvanas.. Nobody is pvp'ing majority of the time, unless we're waiting for 1 boss mob to spawn... for 10mins.. then things get competitive

it was like that...for 5 mins

then some pick haired gnome slaughtered a pally, and us horde tore the gnome apart and the alliance tried to fight back, we had underwater pvp for a long time(over an hour) where no one was questing just all out pvp. WELCOME BACK OLD FRIEND!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    "Grmblblmbmlbmlbmlb Stalker"

same on my server archimonde.... except for a few douches ofc lol, but pwning them in revenge is ez ^^

I think the truce will be broken once people start hitting 85 though... they'll get bored and go have a gank fest
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Ya, this seems to happen every time an xpac releases. But you always get that one group of people who decide to spend their first few hours killing the questers.