Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadros View Post
    god i love comments like these.

i took vacation for ONE day to rush for 85. and as soon as i get the achievment i get a few congrats and then the nolifer comments come in.

i spend a single day on lvling up. you do a few days. how does that make any sense?

anyways, the 84-85 is mindcrushing slow, i wonder if people who complain about it beeing to fast are even at that point. it was like this in EVERY expansion that there is a race and that people who WANT to be the first will be at a crazy speed. does this affect you in any way? i doubt it. just play the game for yourself, what others achiev shouldnt ruin it for you, so dont let it.
    People call you nolifer because you took vacation a whole day to rush through something which is supposed to be enjoyed, just to get a little box with text in it. Assuming you took a vacation from a job, that means you wasted money just for that achivement. You might think it makes perfect sense to level one day instead of several, but bear in mind that you leveled a WHOLE day, those who level several days do it a few hours a day in their free time.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    People call you nolifer because you took vacation a whole day to rush through something which is supposed to be enjoyed, just to get a little box with text in it. Assuming you took a vacation from a job, that means you wasted money just for that achivement. You might think it makes perfect sense to level one day instead of several, but bear in mind that you leveled a WHOLE day, those who level several days do it a few hours a day in their free time.
    so, if i take vacation, free time, I waste money? what?

and later in your post you say people who level serveral days do it also in their free time. dont they waste money too then?

I dont get the argument "vacation = wasting money", explain it to me please.

EDIT: and for the part with"supposed to be enjoyed" sorry to tell you, but everyone finds enjoyment in other things and damn, i enjoyed the race for the achievment. its the same thrill for the race of server first raids bosses.
    Last edited by Leadros; 2010-12-08 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninurta View Post
    Yes the people who haven't slept since it went live and didn't really play the game just ran trough in a blur, honestly where is the fun is that?
    These are the same people who by the end of this expansion will be complaining that there wasn't enough to do.
    I would say this.
    Good for them hitting 85 already, but it's also good for me, less people around leveling areas, more joy for me while leveling
    I'll just let people play in the way they prefer

Quote Originally Posted by Zplasch View Post
    For normal ppl it takes 15-20 hours <:
    Yes, for people who refuse to look out at the sun.

For normal people it takes 1-2 weeks if they ENJOY the content instead of RUSHRUSHRUSHRAIDRAIDRAIDLOOTLOOTLOOTGIEFNEWCONTENTNOW!

Deleted
    so, if i take vacation, free time, I waste money? what?

and later in your post you say people who level serveral days do it also in their free time. dont they waste money too then?

I dont get the argument "vacation = wasting money", explain it to me please.

EDIT: and for the part with"supposed to be enjoyed" sorry to tell you, but everyone finds enjoyment in other things and damn, i enjoyed the race for the achievment. its the same thrill for the race of server first raids bosses.
    You're not wasting money after work unless you have the option of working paid overtime. Wasting a day of vacation for a rush in a game though... yeah, consider it however you want, but don't be surprised when you're called a nolifer because of it. While nolifers spend a day of vacation on that, lifers spend it on going to other countries, partying and other stuff you can do on vacations which you can't do on jobdays.

Same for your enjoyment. Spend your freetime however you want, enjoy what you want, but don't be surprised or defensive when people call you a nolifer.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    You're not wasting money after work unless you have the option of working paid overtime. Wasting a day of vacation for a rush in a game though... yeah, consider it however you want, but don't be surprised when you're called a nolifer because of it. While nolifers spend a day of vacation on that, lifers spend it on going to other countries, partying and other stuff you can do on vacations which you can't do on jobdays.

Same for your enjoyment. Spend your freetime however you want, enjoy what you want, but don't be surprised or defensive when people call you a nolifer.

Dont worry, i can deal with that just fine. the nolifer stuff is, in my opinion, just from people who cant take it that others enjoy differnt things than they. WoW, even video games as a whole are a hobby for me, and cataclysm is a special event in this hobby.

its in no way different for when you have lets say a tennis tournament and you take a day off for that. noone would call you a nolifer for that, wont they? Video games just have a bad name, and people tend to jump on the bandwagon. I Enjoyed my race, and will enjoy the story, the quests and all the other little stuff plenty with my one alt with no rush. what i dont get is the whole hostile position towards people who do things different.

I think in EU it was like after atleast 16hrs?

Deleted
    Dont worry, i can deal with that just fine. the nolifer stuff is, in my opinion, just from people who cant take it that others enjoy differnt things than they. WoW, even video games as a whole are a hobby for me, and cataclysm is a special event in this hobby.

its in no way different for when you have lets say a tennis tournament and you take a day off for that. noone would call you a nolifer for that, wont they? Video games just have a bad name, and people tend to jump on the bandwagon. I Enjoyed my race, and will enjoy the story, the quests and all the other little stuff plenty with my one alt with no rush. what i dont get is the whole hostile position towards people who do things different.
    Well, I can only speak for myself, but I would call someone who took a day off to play a tennis tournament a nolifer, but that's still slightly different, regardless on your view of videogames. If you win the tournament, you might get a prize worth a bit more than the achivement text. You will also get some healthy workout. It's all relative. For me, someone taking a day off to play with friends in SC2 is definitely a nolifer, but someone taking a day off to play in the GSL is not. It's just opinions and social norms, and I agree people shouldn't have a hostile position towards "nolifers".

10+ Year Old Account
    Whas is spelled without the H.

Now, why does it matter? I find the progression of levelling to be just fine.
    There aren't a "shitload" of people at 85. A few people spent probably 22 hours of that 24 hours during the time Cataclysm was first released grinding and questing furiously to get to 85.
    I estimate it might take me some week or two to get to 85 and that's fine by me.
    Plus, you get to enjoy the end-game content better. And they made it to 85 instead of to 90 because they wanted to add more expansions before reaching a level 100 cap, which might be the last expansion of WoW (oh noes, what about those who's lives are linked to the existence of WoW?!).
    I don't see what the problem is.