Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hmm strange. You would think that with hundreds of people questing in the areas, it would be FULL of untouched ore veins!

There are plenty, but people are farming them a plenty right now. If you don't want the competition, wait a while before farming ores or anything in particular.

10+ Year Old Account
    SE Hyjal...the whole gorge area...quite a sweet spot.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen some in Hyjal even though I don't have mining.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I've around 150 ores so far :b Was farming in Mount Hyjal pretty early :b

10+ Year Old Account
    Hyjal is where I did my mining. There is only one strip of area that I farmed though since that is where I saw a majority of the nodes.

Maxing my Mining tmrw, then profit off that!

can someone confirm this: i was mining in hyjal having done about 1/4 of the quests there and I noticed that nodes are phased out. at least some of them. I saw a node on the minimap landed my drake and the node disappeared. first though was "someone has just mined it" but when i flew few yards from the spot node appeared. I went to get it and it disappeared again, did it few times and i was all by myself
    so maybe ppl who say that there is a lot of nodes in hyjal are simply more advanced in the storyline?
    anyway, would love the confirmation on this

10+ Year Old Account
    Skip the Obsidian altogether unless you want that ore specifically. I leveled up to 470 in Icecrown. Put on +5 glove enchant and went to Twilight Highlands and leveled all the way to 525. Took about 35 minutes.
    I like waffles!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiryia View Post
    Skip the Obsidian altogether unless you want that ore specifically. I leveled up to 470 in Icecrown. Put on +5 glove enchant and went to Twilight Highlands and leveled all the way to 525. Took about 35 minutes.
    Best thing to do it this way, sell some stacks of your Elementium buy a few stacks of Osidium, if needed for the gems, than continue with prospecting the Elementium.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    saw tons of them while leveling in Hyjal and Vashj'ir, and i'm not miner so even without track

Quote Originally Posted by Sonics View Post
    Made a very nice chunk of gold so far with Obsidum, about 7-8k when I logged off with another 10 stacks on the AH
    Your server's economy must be drastically different from mine.

I successfully did that in wrath, but from launch day till now I've been able to sell like 2 stacks, because the prices have been falling too fast.

I post it with a small undercut, check back in two hours and there's a dozen stacks posted cheaper than mine

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    somewere between a hard place and a rock.
    Compared to elementium, obsidian nodes seem few and fare between. I believe the best place to farm would be Hyjal as Vashj'ir it seemed were sparatic. Although I did find a few good places that had around 3 nodes apiece in Vash.

I'm a healer. I replenish your lost health. If you are standing in fire, you are stupid. I can't heal stupid.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Amateurs built the Ark... Professionals built the Titanic."

Depends on how many people are in the zones. Vashjir and Hyjal are the zones it spawns in (don't know about deepholm). Last night, I got barely any obsidium. Today, finishing the last 50 quests in Hyjal, I got nearly 70 obsidium ore. Because there were hardly any people in Hyjal today, unlike last night when it was swamped with people.

Blizz was high on Noggenfogger when they put in Obsidium nodes.
    Just take a look at the amount of nodes for each of my maps - it's laughable.
    I couldn't take ten steps without a new node popping up in TH... The population of Hyjal wasn't much more than in TH either.

(Mt. Hyjal) - Farmed about 40 ore in 2hrs.

(Twilight Highlands) - Farmed about 600 ore in 2hrs.
    Last edited by deftones; 2010-12-08 at 11:38 PM.

I got over 1k ore in just under 4 hours, and 2 stacks of pyrite.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

I saw ONE Rich Vein but someone stole it :< (was in Deepholm, up where the Stone Mother hangs out)
    Me sorry. Not do bad again, honest. :<

Deleted
    If you want Elementium you should go to Deepholm. Theres actually (im serious) too many for me, i had to skip some of them when i was questing, took too long if i were to go and mine every single one of them

10+ Year Old Account
    Thep roblem i found with obsidium was phasing. At some point i was between 2 nodes, but both will phase away when i get to them. I wanted to cry after runing to one and another few times :,,(.
    What i found too is a really llow gem drop rate, same with volatile. Farmed to 510 with 3 green gems and like 10 volatiles only. I moved to elementium as soon as i could (475).