Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Formula 1 and WRC, also Downhill skiing if you can call it a racing sport, skiing 100+ km/h down the mountain is awesome

Deleted
    Japanese Super GT.
    In a Honda NSX or the new Honda HSV 3.4 V8 500 hp 400 nm, which sounds like a F1 car.

Defiantly not Nascar, it does not take that much skill to drive in a circle. Yeah you need some cause your going 150+ mph, But I can't stand it. My car of choice would be a real toss up between Rally racing and F1. I like them both.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Nascar is not a sport, it is a talentless dipshit carousel. I like SCCA classes and whatever Danica is doing now..
    Quote Originally Posted by Xleetskeetx View Post
    If they wanted to starl up and get angry in combat, fine, whatever, but there's no reason to be PISSED THE FUCK OFF when selling things to a vendor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimora88 View Post
    Vendor turns around, "Yes, can I hel-"
    Worgen female, "OMFG IMMA SELL YOU SOME AWSUM SHIT."
    Vendor looks thoroughly confused, "Ma'am I'll gladly buy it if you just cal-"
    Worgen female headbutts the vendor, dumps her backpack on him, robs him, and merely hop-skips away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesNotWant View Post
    Nascar is not a sport, it is a talentless dipshit carousel. I like SCCA classes and whatever Danica is doing now..
    If you haven't noticed...Danica is running part time in the Nationwide Series...which is NASCAR

Oh and might I add...she is doing HORRIBLE in a stock car

10+ Year Old Account
    FIA formula one, or GT 2 Euro circuit. And Michale "shoe maker" can retire now...he is terrible.....Jenson Button is where its at.

---------- Post added 2010-12-25 at 01:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brader View Post
    Japanese Super GT.
    In a Honda NSX or the new Honda HSV 3.4 V8 500 hp 400 nm, which sounds like a F1 car.
    Gotta get some of that JDM action.
    You may be smarter than me but I inherited a multi-million dollar enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastydeath View Post
    If you haven't noticed...Danica is running part time in the Nationwide Series...which is NASCAR

Oh and might I add...she is doing HORRIBLE in a stock car
    Yeah I know.. Seems like everyone HAS to try their hand at nascar once.. Isn't Tanner Foust doing that now too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xleetskeetx View Post
    If they wanted to starl up and get angry in combat, fine, whatever, but there's no reason to be PISSED THE FUCK OFF when selling things to a vendor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimora88 View Post
    Vendor turns around, "Yes, can I hel-"
    Worgen female, "OMFG IMMA SELL YOU SOME AWSUM SHIT."
    Vendor looks thoroughly confused, "Ma'am I'll gladly buy it if you just cal-"
    Worgen female headbutts the vendor, dumps her backpack on him, robs him, and merely hop-skips away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesNotWant View Post
    Yeah I know.. Seems like everyone HAS to try their hand at nascar once.. Isn't Tanner Foust doing that now too?
    Not sure about Tanner Foust but I know Travis Pastrana will be in a Nationwide car a few races next season

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's almost the new year, and I still can't get it out of my head how all of the Peugeots epic failed by not finishing at LeMans this year with their engine blowups and one of them breaking the suspension beyond repair.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the intensity of Rally, any Rally racing at all. When the camera shifts into that bumper cam and the driver throws that lead foot onto the gas pedal and you can't see what's going to be around the next corner...it's thrilling!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    And ESPN just made a deal with The American LeMans Series to broadcasts the ALMS races on ABC and ESPN. Yay!
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

NASCAR is for whimps, driving around in a friggin circle all the time.....

I would say gokart (YEAH!) It's the most challengeing motorsport when it comes to hold your place, goes up to and including 170 km/h, no support for your neck. There was a real racer on my circuit once that was going to give gokart a shot. He made 7laps, YEAH! ONLY 7!!! he couldn't keep up with me or the others anymore, he stopped driving, it was too much for him, the competition for the places, getting a good lap, overtaking others, he was exhausted.

so i would say gokart, especially rotax or KZ2.
    (sorry for my bad english)

15+ Year Old Account
    If I could drive anything, It'd be midgets (300+HP, not the focus midgets), F1, or touring cars of some sort.

As for NASCAR, I'm a big fan because i work on a friends late model car. Kyle Busch was a huge benefit to the sport. He brought back the "bad-boy who wants to push the rules" attitude and drove damn well in 2009 to prove it. he may not have made others as happy as they could be, but fans loved watching him drive. It's racing, people need to not be as butthurt about it. So what, he gave someone the finger, he was obviously pissed, who's to say he can't express it. Football has fights, Baseball has fights, Soccer sure as hell has fights, Hockey has fights, why can't nascar?

King of the Hammers is also a pretty sick event, friends and I are planning on going this year or next
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Did anyone say your mom yet? if not
    Your Mom!
    ZING!

---------- Post added 2011-01-09 at 08:38 PM ----------

And Nascar isn't a sport

ROLLER DERBY!!!! yes the one with skates!

I like how everyone says NASCAR is nothing but driving in circles, that its so easy... how do you explain the lack of road racer success in the sport?

Take Juan Pablo Montoya for example. He is one hell of a driver, we're talkin a guy who has won the F3000 championship, CART championship (as a rookie), Indy 500 winner(first attempt), 24hr of Daytona winner (first attempt), multiple F1 race wins including finishing top 3 in the WDC points twice and never finishing outside of 6th in years he competed the whole season. Even with all his success he has never won on an oval track in the Sprint Cup Series. He has 2 wins on road courses in the 4 years he's raced and only finished better than 17th in points once (8th in 2009).

The precision needed to drive those big cars that fast for so long is immense. NASCAR drivers are incredibly underrated when it comes to motorsports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Japanese GT or Drifting... because nothing says "I can drive" like racing sideways

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappaz View Post
    I like how everyone says NASCAR is nothing but driving in circles, that its so easy... how do you explain the lack of road racer success in the sport?

Take Juan Pablo Montoya for example. He is one hell of a driver, we're talkin a guy who has won the F3000 championship, CART championship (as a rookie), Indy 500 winner(first attempt), 24hr of Daytona winner (first attempt), multiple F1 race wins including finishing top 3 in the WDC points twice and never finishing outside of 6th in years he competed the whole season. Even with all his success he has never won on an oval track in the Sprint Cup Series. He has 2 wins on road courses in the 4 years he's raced and only finished better than 17th in points once (8th in 2009).

The precision needed to drive those big cars that fast for so long is immense. NASCAR drivers are incredibly underrated when it comes to motorsports.
    Yep indeed.

Speaking of which, Dakar is now complete, and Al-Attiyah got the overall win. It was a shame to see Sainz break down in the latter stages, would have been nice to get a repeat win, but oh well.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    WRC and the great Colin McRae

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay this topic again! So much news to report.

Grats to Trevor Bayne on the Daytona 500 win! It sucked that my favorite Carl Edwards came up that close to winning it, but no cigar.

And, as expected, grats to Chip Ganassi Racing on that Rolex 24 win. As long as they don't decide to fucking hog up the wins in the rest of the Grand-Am season though. Winning almost every race in a single season by a single team doesn't make for fun racing really. Same would apply for Jimmie Johnson in NASCAR... Someone else fucking win the championship for a change!

On a less positive note, my F1 favorite Robert Kubica got injured really bad in a rally race accident, but is remarkably recovering well. Let's hope he'll be ready to race this F1 season! Most likely that'll be a pipedream, but an awesome one if it happens.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2011-02-24 at 04:30 AM.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II