Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Smile Mage cataclysm itemisation is FUBAR

I noticed almost all cloth gear in my 82-85 have massvie amounts of spirit which is now useless for mage unlike for other classes, even our mana regan now comes from mage armor and is independant of spirit...

WTF is this why has blizzard removed our spirit=>critt and then proceeded to put massive amounts of spirit on gear? I need average 272 ilevel to enter Cata dungeons but all the blue 278 or so stuff i have is shit compared to any icc 25 gear ive got because of the wasted spirit stat...

I guess this may be so healers can have spirit while leveling but really why fuck over mage because of this when healers can just use a dps specc thanks to dual specialization?

Basicly i need to nerf myself to enter dungeons now while all other casters are just taking advantage of spirit...

reforge. derp

10+ Year Old Account
    Your iLvl is determined by the highest level cloth (in the case of a mage) in your inventory. What you wear is of no concern to the dungeon tool. I have tested this thoroughly via the vendoring and repurchasing of items in my inventory. My average Ilvl drops considerably when I vendor my highest ilvl gear (directly from bags, not from character) and goes back up when i repurchase it.

So, in short, just keep high ilvl gear in your bags to enter dungeons. You do not have to wear it
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

still its FUBAR, i totally agree with Victoriaautmors.

Deleted
    if you are going to QQ atleast do it some where it will be seen by blizzard like on the official blizzard forums.

Cant reforge primary stats.

1. Ever think you're grabbing the wrong item and 9/10 of them aren't for you anyway?
    2. "Basicly i need to nerf myself to enter dungeons now while all other casters are just taking advantage of spirit..." I'm pretty sure warlocks aren't.
    3. Chances are that the pieces with spirit on them have enough intellect to compensate anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoef View Post
    still its FUBAR, i totally agree with Victoriaautmors.
    Cloth itemization is fine at 85. Questing items are what he's referring to, im pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoriaautmors View Post
    Spirit is a reforgeable stat, even though it is primary. Check it out sometime.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can indeed reforge spirit, it's the only base attribute you can reforge.

Deleted
    There are plenty of items without spirit.

List of armor (including neck, cape and rings) for warlocks and mages, only ilvl 333+ tho.
    http://www.wowhead.com/items=4?filte...:0:0;gb=1#neck

Deleted
    Your gear in your inventory counts towards your ilevel, you dont even have to actually put them on; even if only your equipped items would count, nobody forces you keep them on you can just change your equipment.

Btw: did hardly any questing until now, but those quest that gave me rewards, were also not usfull for my tank considering avoidance stats (only mastery, which counts for dps and tank specc, so I understand your problem.

edit really hate if I started typing took a break and after posting realising that all I wrote was written by someone else how didnt took a break ^^
    Last edited by mmoc8b704fdc42; 2010-12-08 at 02:23 PM.

Deleted
    I thought spirit was an exception?

Edit: someone beat me to it.. but yeah, INT, AGI STR and STA are primary stats. spirit doesn't seem to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomin View Post
    1. Ever think you're grabbing the wrong item and 9/10 of them aren't for you anyway?
    2. "Basicly i need to nerf myself to enter dungeons now while all other casters are just taking advantage of spirit..." I'm pretty sure warlocks aren't.
    3. Chances are that the pieces with spirit on them have enough intellect to compensate anyway.

No im not grabing the wrong item since ever single blue cloth item on rep vendors and in dungeons have spirit on them unless you mean there is no mage gear in Cataclysm except our tier set?

No they do not compensate basicly all that extra itembudget goes into a fat amont of spirit which makes icc gear with haste/critt better by far.

Besides the spirit issue another problem i see as a future frost mage for PVE is that to be viable in raid frost needs shatter criticals and now with new shatter and mastery stats it will be very hard to find that fine spot with just enough critt while maintaining enough critt to actualluy do critts with shatter all while trying to get haste so we can actually do soemthing in pvp.

Future for mages as far as itemisation goes looks very bleak.

EDIT by future i mean the next two raid tiers , i also predict that by the time tier 3 comes we will have 35% critt 25% haste and a ton of mastery and will be OP as hell then the nerf bat will hit. I really really dont like the whole amstery idea.
    Last edited by Victoriaautmors; 2010-12-08 at 02:26 PM.

All other casters? what?
    Mage, warlock and priest are the only one using cloth, warlock doesn't get crap out of spirit either. So you're wrong, not "all other casters" take advantage of spirit. Only priests, and anyways you can reforge, just just not care until you get real gear, what you do at lvl 81 is not representative of the WHOLE expansion, seriously.

---------- Post added 2010-12-08 at 02:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinax View Post
    Your iLvl is determined by the highest level cloth (in the case of a mage) in your inventory. What you wear is of no concern to the dungeon tool. I have tested this thoroughly via the vendoring and repurchasing of items in my inventory. My average Ilvl drops considerably when I vendor my highest ilvl gear (directly from bags, not from character) and goes back up when i repurchase it.

So, in short, just keep high ilvl gear in your bags to enter dungeons. You do not have to wear it
    It's an average, and not only cloth, everything your class can wear will affect this. On my mage I got the requirement for stonecore and vortex pinnacle by needing on a melee trinket no one needed. Before that my friend tried to give me random leather and plate greens they found but it didn't do anything. When I sell old wrath items, my average item lvl changes.
    You indeed do not have to wear it, but if you put on all the highest ilvl you have and sell the lower ones, this average will go up (logical duh), but it does suck that gems and enchants aren't counted it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what all the QQ is about...

While, yes, there is some caster gear with spirit, there's also about just as much without.

I'm at 82 and I have, I think, 10 pieces of new gear. None of which has spirit.
    Fizzi, Stormreaver.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've replaced almost all of my heroic ICC25 gear with non-spirit upgrades from quest rewards and vendors. Some of them were even greens at the time.

There's a non-spirit 346 blue or 359 purple for every slot from Rep and JP vendors. Add in the dungeon drops, and you should have no trouble getting a complete set. Now, if you're holding onto purples because you don't want to replace them with a plainly superior green because it will wound your epeen... that's your problem. For example: http://www.wowhead.com/item=65814 vs. http://www.wowhead.com/item=50614 was one upgrade I made...

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    I've replaced almost all of my heroic ICC25 gear with non-spirit upgrades from quest rewards and vendors. Some of them were even greens at the time.

There's a non-spirit 346 blue or 359 purple for every slot from Rep and JP vendors. Add in the dungeon drops, and you should have no trouble getting a complete set. Now, if you're holding onto purples because you don't want to replace them with a plainly superior green because it will wound your epeen... that's your problem. For example: http://www.wowhead.com/item=65814 vs. http://www.wowhead.com/item=50614 was one upgrade I made...
    this

i just hit 85, and with gear from rep/jp vendors i got an average iLvl of 333 without one single spirit item... even while questing i found a lot of upgrades without spirit (like direwolfx said... sometimes they're green, often BOE too, so have a close look in all those dungeons...)

Yup.Now if only they made it so you can only need according to spec...I'm sick and tired of losing dps jewelry (no spirit) to healers who end up killing us because,here's the kicker, they ran oom.

Deleted

this

alot of peole i know wasted time grinding the normal dungeons, - there is little point, just level up doing quests and youll be around revered with two faction depending on how many quests and what paths you toook, my toon is in 333-366 blues mostly from rep items/JP blues and hc drops