Thread: Nba 2010

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nba 2010

Any basketball fans out there?

I like LeBron. Sue me. I drafted him in my fantasy league a few years back and never looked back. The unfortunate thing is, as I watch college ball and start liking some players there, I've ended up liking too many top of the line pro players. What do I mean? Well, I liked Melo, CP3, Durantand Wade in college and LeBron from Fantasy basketball, so if asked my favorite players, I feel stupid to say "Well, I like Bron Bron and Wade and Carmelo and Chris Paul! Oh and I love Durant!" but that's just the way it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to like LeBron. After what went down with "The Decision" and how hes left a bad taste in just about every fans (except the half assed heat fans) mouthes. There is no denying he is a dominant power forward, but for someone like me I tend to think of their personality/off the court behavior also. All the other players you mentioned are pretty cool, not too big on melo but oh well. Also I tend to only follow players in the NBA, not college so much.

My faves are any Celtic, CP3, Eddy House, I want to like kobe but hes just such an ass, and Durant. Ray Allen is my fave player ever though, for obvious reasons.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why in the world is this thread here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Look above the name of this thread.

I just hope that if the celtics make it to the finals again they don't get screwed over by the refs like last season.

15+ Year Old Account
    kobe bryant for obvious reasons the dude is greatness personified, i hope he gets his 6th ring this year, and i love the nba; it is one of my favorite sports!

---------- Post added 2010-12-09 at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    I just hope that if the celtics make it to the finals again they don't get screwed over by the refs like last season.
    dude look at game 2 of the finals, celtics got every call that game it wasnt even funny. To say the refs showed more love to the lakers is quite wrong, i agree there were some calls on both ends that were meh but the lakers fought harder at the end which is why they won.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotik View Post
    kobe bryant for obvious reasons the dude is greatness personified, i hope he gets his 6th ring this year, and i love the nba; it is one of my favorite sports!

---------- Post added 2010-12-09 at 09:38 AM ----------

dude look at game 2 of the finals, celtics got every call that game it wasnt even funny. To say the refs showed more love to the lakers is quite wrong, i agree there were some calls on both ends that were meh but the lakers fought harder at the end which is why they won.
    You mean except for the other six games in which the lakers got more calls in their favor? Like game seven where they got twice as many calls for them. The lakers didn't play harder or beat the celtics, they won from foul points. Fouls and penalties should never decide the outcome of a sports game unless its a penalty in the last minute or less of a tie game.

I love the kobe fans though and how they always go on and on about him like he is some type of god. And yes it is true he is currently the best player in the nba, but how does it feel knowing that no matter how good kobe is he will never be considered as good as jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by ericyeahright View Post
    Why in the world is this thread here?
    There are many sports out there, people like different things, especially sports, teams, players.

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    I used to like LeBron. After what went down with "The Decision" and how hes left a bad taste in just about every fans (except the half assed heat fans) mouthes. There is no denying he is a dominant power forward, but for someone like me I tend to think of their personality/off the court behavior also. All the other players you mentioned are pretty cool, not too big on melo but oh well. Also I tend to only follow players in the NBA, not college so much.

My faves are any Celtic, CP3, Eddy House, I want to like kobe but hes just such an ass, and Durant. Ray Allen is my fave player ever though, for obvious reasons.
    LeBron wants a ring man, if he stuck with the Cavs he would've never got a chance. Ask Steve Nash how it feels... xD. I for one was a Cavs fan mainly because of LeBron the guys a beast what can I say? Team wise Celtics all the way baby !

10+ Year Old Account
    After looking pretty anemic the Heat are 1 game out of 1st place in their division. Granted it's early, but they could still go 74-8.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    You mean except for the other six games in which the lakers got more calls in their favor? Like game seven where they got twice as many calls for them. The lakers didn't play harder or beat the celtics, they won from foul points. Fouls and penalties should never decide the outcome of a sports game unless its a penalty in the last minute or less of a tie game.

I love the kobe fans though and how they always go on and on about him like he is some type of god. And yes it is true he is currently the best player in the nba, but how does it feel knowing that no matter how good kobe is he will never be considered as good as jordan?
    sorry but i doubt you watched the series at all most of the games in favor of the lakers? nah they won from out rebounding the celtics. I love how when someones team loses they resort to blaming it onto the refs... how does it feel knowing your team got their ass handed to them? since you want to bring up that subject; kobe is better than mj period imo, love Mike, the dude revolutionized the game but kobe is able to do what MJ can, plus Kobe is a better closer. MJ might have 1more ring for now but we'll see by June.
    Last edited by Hypnotik; 2010-12-10 at 07:47 PM.

College basketball is 10x better than the NBA. NBA only squeeks out college during playoffs, but then...March Madness is probably the best sporting extravaganza out there. With that said...
    I'm from Colorado so of course I'm a Nug's fan. However, my favorite players are Durant and Shaq, aka Shaqtus, aka The Diesel, aka Shaq Fu, aka The Big Aristotle, aka Shaqrovic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love basketball. I'm a huge Orlando Magic fan, although it sucks not being able to go to home games considering I live in California. They're on a bad streak right now but I'm hoping they can get it together. The season is still young
    Knowledge is power.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    College basketball is 10x better than the NBA. NBA only squeeks out college during playoffs, but then...March Madness is probably the best sporting extravaganza out there. With that said...
    I'm from Colorado so of course I'm a Nug's fan. However, my favorite players are Durant and Shaq, aka Shaqtus, aka The Diesel, aka Shaq Fu, aka The Big Aristotle, aka Shaqrovic.
    World Cup Soccer says hi!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotik View Post
    World Cup Soccer says hi!
    Maybe thats his opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    i agree! Teams in the NBA only play HARD on the playoffs. The whole entire season games are just meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if teams were to play regular season games as if they were all playoff games, every player would be prone to injury as well as have a shortened career. Needless to say, 82 games of travelling across North America, putting their heart on the court every practice and game sounds tiring and painful. And I beg to differ that regular season games are just meh.

Deleted
    from italy and i love basketball, i'm a huge Lakers fan from Magic Showtime and now i revere Kobe Bryant like some sort of Pagan Deity.

also, lebron is a pussy for takin' his talents to Wade's team and Bosh is overrated SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH in U.S.

finals will still be Lakers / Celts

Heat would have been better off with a Boozer type, but not Boozer since LeBron ran him out of Cleveland. Bosh is just tagging along for a paycheck.

Deleted
    Best all time player and still going strong as my favorite is Michael Jordan..