Deleted

Question Archaeolgy up 450 + ?

Hi, I've upgrade Archaeology since Cata was released. Now I'm 452 skill, I went to Uldum to find Tol'Vir Artefacts, but after discovering the whole zone, I didn't find any digsite ...
    Do I have to upgrade this profession further before going back to Uldum ?
    Do I have to do something special (like a quest or something) to have the digsites ?
    Thanks for answers !

(Sorry if my english is not very good, I'm a french player )

From my understanding, digsites are random. I don't know if Uldum or any of the new 80+ zones are categorized as different from kalimdor and eastern kingdoms or not for the purposes of archaeology.

Deleted
    I'm not really an expert on the Area of Archaeology, but don't you have got to get a task before digging?
    And 450-500 will most likely be in Hyjal or Vash'jir because those are the area's which you can go to from level 78-80 on. which makes sense.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Digsites are unqiue for every player, and change randomly i believe.. look on your map .. you should see little shovels showing you where the sites are

10+ Year Old Account
    spots randomly spawning

Dig sites spawn randomly, not possible to get cata zones as your random spawn until 450 archaeology skill
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted
    Thanks for your answers !
    I looked on my map several times, I did not find any new digsites, I only have my old ones (troll, dwarf, fossil). I revealed most of the map in Hyjal too and no digsites in the zone either.
    Well now I quest in Uldum, I'll try later on to upgrade Archaeology with the old sites ... *sigh*

Posted this before seeing your answer Vongimi, this means I have to clear the old sites before going to Cata zones ? (I'm 452 so I thought Cata zones would come "naturally" )

---------- Post added 2010-12-08 at 07:15 PM ----------

Just got it, I had to clear old sites first x_x"
    Thanks for your answers !

Uldum rare spawns share with the rest of Kalimdor. Keep doing Kalimdor spawns and you'll see them eventually.

Deleted
    Yep I saw this, I find this kinda weird not to separate Kalimdor/Cataclysm zones...
    Well it might have been said a long time ago, I haven't followed Cataclysm's news xD
    Thanks for all your answers, now digging for the scepter of Azj'Aqir !