New Comp Looking for some feedback

Hey there,
    Ive been lurking these forums for some time now and i decided that it wouldn't be a terrible idea for me to make a post. I am currently in the process of selecting part for a new computer which I would like to put together in between now and the new year.

Currently the part list i have put together consists of:

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366
    Processor: Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz
    Ram: G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
    Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) Superclocked EE 1GB 256-bit
    Power Supply: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
    Hard Drives: Intel X25-M SSD 80GB ; Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB 7200
    Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
    Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 932
    Optical Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner

I've put some research in but this is my first self build so I want to ensure I'm doing it right. I'm particularly shaky on the graphics card, I'm not 100% sure what i should be looking for here, I don't have any brand preferences but I want the ability to SLI or crossfire down the road as an upgrade but would rather just stick with one card for the present time. The computer will be primarily for wow but i would really like to be able to play some more demanding games. I do plan to OC aswell. All in all i am just looking for a little feedback and would like to make sure I don't have any parts that are counterintuitive.

Thanks in advance!

Looks quite decent for your intended use and the graphics card is probably one of the best choices when it comes to value for your money, just few notes you might want to consider:

Since you're overclocking, i7-930 is worth the same, but might cost less.

Sabretooth X58 has a design stupidity which prevents you from using any other PCI/PCIe cards with it if you SLI/Crossfire with it. Very few nowadays use any other cards, but if you're considering sound card or additional disc controller for raid for example, you can't do that with two graphics cards on that motherboard.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'd go for a stronger card (Radeon 68xx series) or wait for the new 69xx series to be released. Not that the new nVidia card is bad (aside from it's steep price), but AMD really stepped it up with the 68xx series.

December 13th is supposed to be when the 69xx are released, but other than that and the PCI problem vesseblah stated its a good solid build and will handle WoW and all other games just fine.

Make sure you get 2 good quality fans with that heatsink to set them as push/pull. The fan that comes with it isn't the highest quality and many people report it dying out fairly quick (~1 year or so)
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Personally I'd go for a stronger card (Radeon 68xx series) or wait for the new 69xx series to be released. Not that the new nVidia card is bad (aside from it's steep price), but AMD really stepped it up with the 68xx series.

December 13th is supposed to be when the 69xx are released,
    Recent tomshardware benchmark linked and discussed here extensively kinda proved that current ATI/AMD cards suck for WoW.

Also when looking at higher end, GTX570 was released yesterday at least on paper. Priced at $350 with performance matching GTX480 but noise and heat significantly lower.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Ahh, thanks for the help on the subject guys, one more question, do you think its worth while to wait for the release of the new ATI chips/cards in the hope that either I decide I cant live without the new one (not too likely) or that the older cards will go down in price after the new release?

Deleted
    Waiting to be 100% sure this is what you want is always a good thing. Though I'm not sure if the prices will drop a lot when the 69x come out.

Setup is good for the most part, previous posters hit some good points.

Some things I would like to add:
    1. Consider getting the Corsair 850HX power supply. Better warranty, good power for SLI (can handle 2x480's), semi-modular (you only use the wires you need).

2. Another option to your hard drive would be a Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (the 64mb cache version).

3. There are better CPU coolers (less noise, better cooling) for a little bit more money.

4. If you decide to use Windows, make sure you get Windows 7 64bit.

The HAF 932 case is nice, I have one and I like it a lot.
    There are various versions of it though, make sure you get the one with the side mounted fan (blows onto the motherboard).
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119160 is the one I'm referring to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schiwing View Post
    1. Consider getting the Corsair 850HX power supply. Better warranty, good power for SLI (can handle 2x480's), semi-modular (you only use the wires you need).
    He's running a GTX460, not 2x480's. It's not too smart to base your PSU decision "just in case" you decide to run the most power-hungry card in the world in SLI. An HX650 would do the same thing and give him a bit of extra cash to spend on fans/coolers/whatever.
    I mean sure if he's got money to throw away he could atleast spend it on something that actually improves performance, not just an extra 300w of power he'll never use >_>
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze