Page 1 of 2
LastLast

75 year old women violates Obama's airspace

's airspace! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44037919...1#.Tj34QoK-2Gc

Kind of funny, she was just up there tooling around, looked to the side, oh its two f-16s! That would be somewhat terrifying to me, but apparently she thought they were just checking out her plane (Which is quite neat looking)

Mod Warning: Fixed the title. In future, post proper titles. The title right now is shorter than the crashed helicopter thread you made, so your excuse makes no sense...
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-07 at 02:36 AM.

Misleading title is misleading.

Did I mention that isn't allowed? Well, afaik it isn't anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Misleading title is misleading title.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Misleading title is misleading.
    I did not think it would all fit!

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    I've heard that before...

Sry, no...no I haven't...

Deleted
    I don't find the story very interesting (or funny) though.

75 year old women violates Obama's airspace!

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Well it does, hence the top of my post, meaning you intended it to be misleading. *evil glare*

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im just curious why the Pres took Air Force One and had this HUGE BBQ on Taxpayer expense with all the budget issues......

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Well it does, hence the top of my post, meaning you intended it to be misleading. *evil glare*
    It must have been against the rules, because they fixed it. Its all good though :P I thought the story was kind of interesting personally.. D:

Deleted
    Ok, back on-topic now I fixed the title.

Deleted
    "There's really no excuse for not knowing," said Lt. Col. Mike Humphreys, a spokesman for the North American Aerospace Defense Command, which scrambled the two warplanes, a proposition that costs $9,000 an hour for each jet. "Anyone who flies an aircraft should know the restrictions."

I agree, ignorance is no excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Im just curious why the Pres took Air Force One and had this HUGE BBQ on Taxpayer expense with all the budget issues......
    People WILL complain about just about anything. It's the guy's 50th birthday - have a heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    "There's really no excuse for not knowing," said Lt. Col. Mike Humphreys, a spokesman for the North American Aerospace Defense Command, which scrambled the two warplanes, a proposition that costs $9,000 an hour for each jet. "Anyone who flies an aircraft should know the restrictions."

Oof yeah I missed the cost..ouchies. That plane is pretty awesome looking though

And I apologize for the title, I had no idea it was against the rules to have misleading titles

Yeah kinda agree, somehow I don't think people running the jets would just 'come to look at your plane' when it costs so much to run them. However the not knowing Obama was there I could see being a fair point... But then again I don't really know if they tell people that as I don't live there.

15+ Year Old Account
    So wait, she thought 2 F-16's would just fly up to admire her airplane?

Pardon my french but how fucking dumb is she?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post

Dude, she's 75 years old, and likely someone's grandmother.
    She probably doesn't have a mean bone in her body, and (perhaps quite naively) doesn't think the worst of things immediately.

She was under the impression she was just out flying around, minding her own business in her award-winning plane.

You or I may not have made the same assumption, but for crying out loud, I'm sure your grandmother (and mine) might make the same mistake.

this story made me lol. thanks for sharing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Dude, she's 75 years old, and likely someone's grandmother.
    She probably doesn't have a mean bone in her body, and (perhaps quite naively) doesn't think the worst of things immediately.

She was under the impression she was just out flying around, minding her own business in her award-winning plane.

You or I may not have made the same assumption, but for crying out loud, I'm sure your grandmother (and mine) might make the same mistake.
    She admitted she flew with a faulty computer, no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post

honestly, if i was up flying in this day and age, and suddenly two f-16's appeared, i would probably defecate instantly, knowing the strict fly rules in place at the moment, and knowing they may even accidently knock her off course or something, let alone what those cannons would do to my plane :P

---------- Post added 2011-08-06 at 09:49 PM ----------

She admitted she flew with a faulty computer, no excuses.
    Yeah, not having a radio seems like some sort of offense, I admittedly do not know aviation law though :P