Thread: Fire orb use?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Fire orb use?

Has anyone found a good use for Fire orb? :O

I can't seem to find any "idea" situations where i'd use Fire orb, it seems like a "Set it and forget it" kind of spell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jancro View Post
    Has anyone found a good use for Fire orb? :O

I can't seem to find any "idea" situations where i'd use Fire orb, it seems like a "Set it and forget it" kind of spell.
    Whenever it's off CD?

Yes, frost and fire use it in their rotations, arcane doesn't really use it at all.

Use it on CD.
    If you're fire, you can use it on an AoE situation for the explosion.

The only thing I don't like about it, is the fact that it doesn't go to your target, but rather towards where your char is facing, which makes it's somewhat annoying to use while strafing out of fire.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

dont use it near roaming elites like whale sharks(found out the hard way).... else i use it every CD srsly, its 400mana and hits for total of +25k damage..

im fire.. dot 2-3 mobs with LB.. when they are close i blastwave and use orb... and it just NUKES.. and then i restun with dragonbreath... can take 3 mobs at the same time as others take 1

Deleted
    Apparently it's good for procs as fire, but haven't used it as of yet.

Must be used with some attention of the surroundings, such as neutral mobs and nearby pulls.
    It seems to be also a bit bugged, as once I used it and it started the effect on a critter.
    But overall is an amazing skill, and I like the idea of it going straight in the direction you cast it, adds a little brain factor to the cast.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pulled 10+ 83 mobs (being frost at 83 myself) Popped 2x orbs with cold snap, all freezes and just blizzard else. Mirrors and everything, it was insanely awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Use it on CD.
    If you're fire, you can use it on an AoE situation for the explosion.

The only thing I don't like about it, is the fact that it doesn't go to your target, but rather towards where your char is facing, which makes it's somewhat annoying to use while strafing out of fire.
    Just change your direction by using the right mouse button before you cast it? Really easy to aim it to where you want, and even past CC etc if you can do it well enough.

When in instances, i use Fireorb on bosses and large packs of mobs primarly.
    I havent used it as much when i do quests, mostly becouse i just forget about it then -.-
    Cataclysm = CTC | Icecrown Citadel = IC | | CLASSIC, not vanilla |

Deleted
    Is it really not worth 1 GCD for arcane?

Deleted
    This spell never ceases to underwhelm me in terms of looks ._.

I expected so much more you know? I dunno maybe its just me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungfish View Post
    This spell never ceases to underwhelm me in terms of looks ._.

I expected so much more you know? I dunno maybe its just me
    I really hoped it would look like the orbs in VOA but fire instead ofcourse^^

I wish it would attack multiple targets again like in beta :-( that was awesome..

Now I use it on big pulls and in pvp to hog a base for 15 sec^^

It's hardly amazing, and I'd have preferred something more substantial as one of our new spells, but it's not bad. I can pop it on CD as Arcane and it does a decent amount of damage and I'm fairly certain that each time it hits there is a massive chance to proc Arcane Missiles. I've chained nothing but Arcane Missiles six times in a row while the orb was attacking. Admittedly, that's not amazing dps, but it's helped in a pinch and allowed for a lot of uninterrupted mana regen during fights.

You know, this spell does an insane amount of dmg.
    it's atleast 40k dmg, and for being ONE GCD that's pretty amazing

So to answer your question, on AOE and when you feel like it, tiss a good dmg boost!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's great as frost (frostfire orb). Mirror Images---FrostFire Orb----Pet Nova----Deep Freeze----Cold Snap----Second Frostfire Orb----Second Deep Freeze.

Two deep freezes and 2 orbs lasering away in the span of 5 seconds. Fingers of Frost procs everywhere. Ice lance spam yourself to 30k dps!
    Lightning Fast

Quote Originally Posted by Lerciolas View Post
    Must be used with some attention of the surroundings, such as neutral mobs and nearby pulls.
    In addition to both of those - watch for hostile PVP mobs that don't normally aggro (the dual flight masters near neutral quest hubs and such).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Yes, frost and fire use it in their rotations, arcane doesn't really use it at all.
    You still use it as Arcane, specifically right after an Evocation to get the full bonus of the mastery.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    I recall reading somewhere, (possibly a Lhivera post on the wow forums), that Fire Orb gains the +25% arcane specialization for arcane mages. It sounded strange to me, since it's not arcane damage... but I feel like it's a necessary thing because arcane is the weakest spec in AoE and doesn't have useful ranged AoE like frost and fire, so having an equal Fire Orb is bare minimum.
    Can anyone confirm/deny whether Flame Orb benefits from arcane specialization?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmon View Post
    I recall reading somewhere, (possibly a Lhivera post on the wow forums), that Fire Orb gains the +25% arcane specialization for arcane mages. It sounded strange to me, since it's not arcane damage... but I feel like it's a necessary thing because arcane is the weakest spec in AoE and doesn't have useful ranged AoE like frost and fire, so having an equal Fire Orb is bare minimum.
    Can anyone confirm/deny whether Flame Orb benefits from arcane specialization?
    It gains damage from Mana Adept, not the Arcane Specialization.
    BfA Beta Time