Dark Intent Shutupper(addon or other)

Heya!

Warlocks got Dark Intent at 85, which is a bit like Focus Magic, except Blizzard thought it great to add a sound to it every time it procs (which is every 2-3 seconds). It's superannoying (and yes, I need my sounds, I play with them, sue me).

Is there anyone who could help me shut it up, either by silencing the sound file somehow or by coming up with this amazing addon?

15+ Year Old Account
    addons cant prevent blizzard sounds for playing i think unless they can turn vulume ot 0 before it procs and up after lol

but i gues your best gues is replacing the sound file whit an emptyone if its not used by a lot of other things ingame

---------- Post added 2010-12-09 at 03:11 PM ----------

but this was posted in an other topic maybe it will help :P http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info18781-r3.html
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I did something once where I opened a file, maybe a dat file or something, cant remember. I had to use a special program to open the file. Then I replaced the .wav file for a sound that was bugging me with a new .wav file with the same name, only this new .wav file was silence.

i searched google for a guide but it was a long time ago and my details could be sketchy

It's pretty much a guessing game. If you get WinMPQ you can look through Blizzard's Sound.MPQ file in the Data directory. There's about 11,000 files, if you can find the one that Dark Intent uses you can make a blank sound file to put into your WoW folder and it will use it instead. Blizzard doesn't have a sound named Dark Intent or anything close, and I youtube'd Dark Intent to hear how it sounds but I couldn't match it up with anything sorry.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Alright, thanks a lot for your help, I remember having used WinMPQ once, so I'll try that. Thanks a lot guys.

If you do find it let us know, I got a lock I'm going to bring to 85 eventually and would want that sound muted too.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Sure, will do. I don't know when I'll have the time, because between studying for my exams and wanting to play the game, I'm unsure when I'll be able to dig through it. However, I'll let you know. If there's no word from me in 2 weeks, I failed.

Deleted
    Dark Intent is the new level 83 spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's not just the sound that's annoying, if you have hots on your group and sit to drink before the pull the spell will force you to stand up...