Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Minus ARP I'd say the game has become more mathy as a result of mastery and the way haste changes almost everything now. It is much more difficult to calculate the "best" stat to stack.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Minus ARP I'd say the game has become more mathy as a result of mastery and the way haste changes almost everything now. It is much more difficult to calculate the "best" stat to stack.
    good point, but doing it the way as in:
    you like attacking fast - use haste.
    you like seeing big numbers and feel "op" (notice quotation marks) - stack crit.
    you like whatever your mastery does - do that.
    you like having everything balanced - have a little bit of everything or certain stats you want.
    is cool.

while I'm don't fully agree with new stat system and loved vanilla "itemization" the most (yes it had some veeery badly itemized gear and in some ways it was a BIG (no, actually a HUGE) plus, I loved hybrids gear (as in druid, shaman e.t.c) and yes, I played hybrids)...

... I like where they are trying to go with the new system. "cookecutter", "topend", "the ONE AND THE ONLY" specs/stats stacking/itemization while being able to show how good of a player you are or how good you are at math (or being a braindead who simply copies or does whatever E J tells them to), this is a game that should have a fun aspect, where you could be who you want to be.

it sucks to be a certain class and be told - use THIS spec, THIS stat and do THIS rotation. and no, you can't do it any other way because you will loose your 2% dps.

all in all. I approve.
    Last edited by Randomfellow; 2010-12-10 at 01:19 AM.

So they want more variation.

Start with the talents and expand mastery.
    Oh wait, they might pull another PoTT.

Funny he uses Enh Shaman as an example. Mastery is their best stat.

I love the changes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    So they remove some stats from the game, and then talk about how stats are one of the few rewards for max level players, and might wanna juice it up to become more interesting?

Wouldnt leaving the previous stats in the game had been a fix? I mean it left alot more stats to work with, now it is a nobrainer for most classes ><
    They wanted to simplify everything, so that they can make everything more complex, to keep it interesting...