Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I leveled my DK tank first. Blood shield is just op ATM.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

Seems as though people haven't bothered to get used to the 4.0 changes, so complain of DKs being "broken" instead. If not their main, I'm sure people will get back to DKs once Cata settles down. When they do, I'd invite them to try for more than 5 minutes. Nothing's "broken" and DKs can still tank and dps in the hands of a competent player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knights are great class atm i do not know why are people whining about being "broken"

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

10+ Year Old Account
    DK's are phenomenal at this time and since I don't feel like dealing with mana issues I'll level my priest later on.

Tried tanking in the new dungeons and its pretty cool if you have a good healer.

On Bloodhoof US (represent yeaaahh) there are a lot of DK's running around. It's might be what I am leveling next.
    Last edited by thedudeinyourcloset; 2010-12-10 at 07:28 PM.

My main is a dk in cata, and I love it!!
    Insane obliterate crits single-target and HB crits AoE. I top all the charts atm as frost.

<3 Cata

My view on all this, is that the weak were simply culled and the strong and loyal DKs have persevered. You make it through the ridicule of not being a "real" class, the hate some people harbor towards you simply because your class, and the majority garbage player base of your class; and you come out on the other side...stronger. Since day one I always said that due to the massive amount of DK players the good shine and people recognize you, while the rest fall by the wayside and gem AP.

For the majority of WotLK, paladins were considered the best tanks because any idiot could play a paladin tank successfully. The pre-4.0 "rotation" of hitting whatever tank ability that was off cooldown at the time generated tremendous amounts of threat, and unlike other tanks, they had almost nothing to change as far as rotation/priority was concerned when AoE tanking. With the introduction of holy power, there's less faceroll involved.

Paladins have always been a populous class, even when they were nothing but cleanse/buffbots and leveling consisted of auto-attacking with a seal up.

I think there's less DK's now because of a few reasons.
    - They were initiailly grossly overpowered, which tends to pull a lot of FoTMers to them. They stayed fairly OP for several months, but when they started getting nerfed, numbers fell.
    - They aren't new anymore. Other than the dedicated tank tree and rune changes, they changed very litte in the post-4.0 world.
    - As others mentioned, very few people play DK's as mains.

The fact that all these things happened is what made me go back to my DK. I initially quit because I got tired of the stigma, despite absoultely adoring the class and its mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanen View Post
    I'd say that paladins, then druids, then mages are the most op classes atm. I personally play a mage, and have since BC, and while I don't think they're as op as the used to be, they are regaining some of their previous glory. lol I mean, there is something about being in a bg, casting deep freeze on someone, then 3 shotting them with ice lance that's just so satisfying. It's the new PoM Pyro.

There isn't any way to argue around it, frost mages are stupidly op right now. The level of CC, snares and burst that it available to them is not something that should be in the game right now.

Paladins are pretty dreadful save for holy. Ret is in a horrible position as the rng-a-din, with their top tier ability being one of their least useful abilities and mastery being their worst stat. Prot is slightly sub-average. Holy is nearly fixed, still a couple of small nerfs required I think.

Druids seem fine now that mana matters again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Paladin's have always been well-played. They're always OP and they fill all the important roles.

I don't agree with your ratings, as more than half the tanks I've done dungeons with have been DKs. And there's at least one DPSing in every couple groups I get in. So I don't really feel anything's changed.
    Are you kidding?

I remember in BC when people used to laugh at me been ret, the number of times i got told to reroll to something useful was overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellarus View Post
    All the retarded death knights went worgen.
    Ah yeah... let's see where was the banhammer already?

Tanking right now is quite fun. DpSing is so/so I haven't done any competitive DpS for quite some time since I was always tanking but I do pull my weight in heroics (compared to others in the party) while still keeping up the interrupting etc.
    I seriously love my tank right now

10+ Year Old Account
    My DK was the first ever 80 I had even though I've been playing since Vanilla. Their playstyle is awesome for me, and I'll continue maining him through Cataclysm.

my DK is still my main, i love the frost tree and probably need to read-up on blood again since there a few mechanics there that have changed since update. I've played every class in the game, but DK is still has the most ass-kicking mechanics. period.

Deathknight was my only 2nd 80 that I ever took seriously and being previously a rogue it was a huge improvement and I enjoy tanking far more so its now officially my new main for the rest of the game unless another hero class of interest appears.