Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk View Post
    um @ lvl 85 you shouldnt be "learning" anything. in the 4 days cata has been out ive already seen more then enough baddies in the LFG that ive sworn of tanking in any LFG and will only do guild runs
    How about Boss tactics and which mobs to CC or burst down? we aren't born with that information ingrained in our brains, you know...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yelling at people OR giving them advice (yup, both cases) is going to change them very little, atleast in most cases. It is genuine interest in the game that will push them to be a good player. If they are not curious about their class mechanics, refuse to read forums (or even the goddamn tooltips of their own abilities), if overall them lack the will to perform at their best - no amount of yelling or advice is going to help them. They will stay terrible.
    So the best thing to do is ignore them, make room for their mistakes and try to compensate where they are lacking. Unless they are REALLY pulling down the whole group and hindering progression, there's no need to bother telling them anything.

The problems arise when you come across bad tanks and healers - sadly, DPS can be terrible and still get by, but you will notice a bad tank/healer pretty much instantly because things start to get chaotic. So just hope that these "terribles" don't happen to the tank or healer >_<
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

People admire higher values in things yes I agree to that, but you shouldn't abuse players because they are making mistakes. Because wow is so advertised and is popular this game is the first mmo for alot of players. If someone is standing in fire, not running out of aoe dmg, or they didn't attack something they where suposed to. I just recommend explaining things to them in a nice way. Nothing ever works when players are un-happy or frustrated.

Thats my 2 cents.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Loading irony sequence...
    Initiating serendipity drive...
    Connecting with server...
    You are the very thing they pretend to be. What's worse is you need a program to tell others what you think of them because you lack the will or the mental capacity to engage in conversation yourself. Instead of taking the responsibility of teaching new players or bads, you have instead chosen sarcasm and bravado. Now the irony is that you are not nearly good enough of a player to admonish anyone. You are calling the kettle black yet somehow failing even to do that.

Good players teach and adapt. Bad players get addons and complain on forums.
    Oh wise and Honorable Sensai, /kneels and bows. I stand before you waiting for the next lesson. (and no this isn't sarcasm)
    Last edited by Dunefire; 2010-12-11 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Not flying my Sig because somebody got butthurt because I posted a question that they didn't like in they're little pet post and sicked ScrapBot on me :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciah View Post
    I want an addon that does this:

Recount- Data for Avoidable Damage Taken (% of total)
    Xxxarthasdk - 90000 (80%)
    Failadin - 85700 (93%)
    Noobkin - 52000 (70%)
    Dpsgeartank - 40000 (5%)
    Gnomepriestrofl - 8000 (100%)

Then when retards spam asking for meters you can link this and say there's your meter now stfu and learn to get out of the fire, I'll give you your actual dps once you stop sucking.
    I know there are fail mods that track when people stand in fire, but not how much damage they take from it (the magnitude of the failure, if you will).
    If such a thing already exists please tell me.

Morons and slackers will never learn until a number is attached to it that they can wave in other peoples faces. This is the case with DPS, TPS, gearscore, hell even total mounts collected- all just a way to quantify your level of e-penis. When "time in the fire" or "damage from fire" can be similarly waved around in peoples faces, perhaps someone will learn. Maybe.
    1. Failbot basically does this.
    2. Why do you need an excuse to whinge about randoms. Randoms are random imo.
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

Too many times ive been a pug in some random guilds weekly run and after the first couple bosses i see the same people making the same type of mistakes that it just blows my mind. Can you seriously not figure it out? especially considering they have done this fight countless times.

Yes, i'm all for informing someone in a respectable way when they make mistakes, but once you repeatedly do this, there's no excuse. They are just bad.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-12-11 at 11:49 AM.