A strange thing about epic quality items availablity in Cata...

A strange thing i noticed is that pvp rewards and justice point vendors are mostly empty of any epic loots which is supposed to, i guess, make epics epic again.

We are supposed to farm heroics for a blue set etc etc...

But now i notice you can get awsome epic gloves,belts,boots, leggings and other off sets basicly for 40 gold or so if you have exalted with cataclysm factions. Hyal alone and 2 blackorck caverns runs got me halfway to exalted and getting an epic belt the very day i ding 85.

It seems the same goes for earthen ring with deepholm and ramakhen in uldum... So whats the point of makig so many blue gear and making it kinda hard to obtain while basicly handing out an epic non set which can, once you ding 85 , be completed in a dozen dungeon runs?

I really dont care if my gear is epic or blue as long as it looks good and is itemised nice for me but really i dont get removing epics from herocics and JP vendors while at the same time handing out epics for 40G(WTF)....

Wait a few patches into cata and you'll be running heroics for previous-tier epics again :3

before i get flamed im not an elitist and probably wont even raid till summer or something but it just seems absurd what blizzard is doing with gear proggresion

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/communi...episode15.html

Ghostcrawler:
    We are going to try and recapture that a little bit in Cataclysm by making sure that shoulders and helmets can only be gained through raiding and therefore you can only gain your 4 piece set bonus by raiding you can get your 2 piece bonus your cool gear off badges or running heroic dungeons but you actually have to see the content to be ultimately tricked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubling View Post
    Wait a few patches into cata and you'll be running heroics for previous-tier epics again :3
    Regarding that i hope they expand on the weekly raid idea and hopefully give 10x the justice points for doing old t11 raids once t12 or later comes out.

So that it doesent get forgotten like naxx and especially ulduar did.

In TBC we could also get epics at exalted with the factions (it did take longer to get exalted, but you still could).

I think its great you cant get epics from heroics, only from rep.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

As you said it took longer to farm rep, waaay longer. I ran countless heroics and im still not exalted with some TBC factions.

Now you not only get 80% of the work done even before you enter a dungeon, you also can farm rep in any dungeon with a tabard and you gain more rep then in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoriaautmors View Post
    But now i notice you can get awsome epic gloves,belts,boots, leggings and other off sets basicly for 40 gold or so if you have exalted with cataclysm factions. Hyal alone and 2 blackorck caverns runs got me halfway to exalted and getting an epic belt the very day i ding 85.
    Where do you get this said gear? I didnt know that you could get gear from being exalted wiht a cata faction?

Deleted
    From my understanding you wont be able to get epics from justice points until tier 12 comes, out. Then that will go onto vendors and the next teir can only be gotten in raids. To me that sounds fair. People who miss out on the teir 11 wont have to go out and raid for it, but the people who want to raid will get their stuff earlier and can stand in stormwind showing it off!

Quote Originally Posted by Walice View Post
    From my understanding you wont be able to get epics from justice points until tier 12 comes, out. Then that will go onto vendors and the next teir can only be gotten in raids. To me that sounds fair. People who miss out on the teir 11 wont have to go out and raid for it, but the people who want to raid will get their stuff earlier and can stand in stormwind showing it off!
    heh, well If I am standing in the middle of Stormwind showing off my Tier 11, then I have battled through a Major fight to get there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DMac84 View Post
    Where do you get this said gear? I didnt know that you could get gear from being exalted wiht a cata faction?
    From the faction quartermasters. They offer some very nice 333 pieces at 83/honored also, by the way, which are great for leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    In TBC we could also get epics at exalted with the factions (it did take longer to get exalted, but you still could).

I think its great you cant get epics from heroics, only from rep.
    Exactly. It guarantees you at least get SOMETHING if whatever you want never drops right?