Poll: Do you like the Ret in Cataclysm

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I'll tell you all like this:

80-82: Leveled as Ret

82-85: Fuck it, I'm going Prot.

I'm surviving longer, hitting harder and healing better than I was as Ret. Ret is so awkward between procs, cooldowns and damage output. Mt Templars Verdict crit for 9K one time with 3 holy power. My Shield of the Righteous hits for 16K and in some cases 21K.

Sure Vengeance affects the damage output. But I'd rather deal with that than the RNG crap Blizzard thought was good.

Quote Originally Posted by DionLight7 View Post
    I'll tell you all like this:

80-82: Leveled as Ret

82-85: Fuck it, I'm going Prot.

I'm surviving longer, hitting harder and healing better than I was as Ret. Ret is so awkward between procs, cooldowns and damage output. Mt Templars Verdict crit for 9K one time with 3 holy power. My Shield of the Righteous hits for 16K and in some cases 21K.

Sure Vengeance affects the damage output. But I'd rather deal with that than the RNG crap Blizzard thought was good.
    i have only one 81 toon and it haoppens to be a Ret pally. i'm kinda on the ropes right now to see if i will duel spec to Prot or Holy and see if that works out. i cant see myself playing a different class either, kinda attached to my pally.

Let's say I expected more. Kinda disappointed atm.

Not at all really, I do great DPS and my survivability while lower than from WOTLK is still good for questing. I have no qualms and while I do slip up I love that know ret is taking more skill to use so you can actually tell a bad ret paladin from a good one =D