Thread: Help please!

Help please!

This is way over my head and was hoping that someone could help me out....sometimes when I play wow, my computer screen restarts and a thing pops up saying that my display driver crashed but was recovered. Now it resets itself about 4-5 times and then my computer restarts itself. When I log back into wow, to that character the same thing happens again. I deleted the files out of WTF/Cache/and Interface, and sometimes that works. But it seems the only way it really works is to get the GM to send my toon to Org or SW.
    Can anyone help me out please in simple english, cause I am not the smartest when it come to computers? Cause this is making my game time suck

Update your display driver!

This was happening on my laptop and I found that it was caused by the system over heating. Maybe clean out the system of dust, fluff, roaches etc... It might help... and as maustekakut said, try updating the video driver too.

EDIT: Just realised, this should be moved to the Off-Topic > Computers section.
    Last edited by planetuber; 2010-12-10 at 05:46 AM.
    Great, went Offtopic right after Kumduh said you should NOT go offtopic.
    I just facerolled over the keyboard, and a 7-day timeout for you is what happened.
    -Zao

Quote Originally Posted by planetuber View Post
    This was happening on my laptop and I found that it was caused by the system over heating. Maybe clean out the system of dust, fluff, roaches etc... It might help... and as maustekakut said, try updating the video driver too.
    +1
    ...yea dust and stuff is also evil.

Had this problem with my previous card (nVidia 8800 gt). It always happened when overheating and flashed the monitor for a second, gave me that message and then back to normal. I didn't manage to solve it till I bought a new card.

I remember reading about some registry tweaks that could fix it and a driver problem (nForce driver?). So try uninstalling your drivers completely and doing a clean install of the latest ones. If that doesn't work search for that registry tweak in case it works.

Good luck.

P.S. : Googling the "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" has tons of suggestions.