Thread: Thick Hide Bug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    can you ppl stop just adding the procent on eachother i think they multiply so so in the end you get 36.3% more armor while in bear form witch makes your number into 28326 x 1.363 = 38608 armor

witch is still higher than mine as a warrior so in almost full 346 gear witch sems kinda right

Quote Originally Posted by Harith View Post
    can you ppl stop just adding the procent on eachother i think they multiply so so in the end you get 36.3% more armor while in bear form witch makes your number into 28326 x 1.363 = 38608 armor

witch is still higher than mine as a warrior so in almost full 346 gear witch sems kinda right
    Find me a druid with that much that isn't using wrath armor items.

It's a pretty big nerf, bug or intentional it's quite noticible.

dude you are meant to have the same armor/health/avodens as all the other tanks to create a more balaenced raid sceen

Equally Geared warrior with 2 x stam trinkets - 35748 Armor
    Equally Geared Paladin with stam trinket + heart of thunder - 36662 Armor
    Me - Equally Geared Feral BAER - 2 x Stam trinkets - 31159 Armor

It's still lower then the others, by a fair bit.
    Nevertheless, there isn't any explanation give to why I had over 40k 10 days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShitShyShoes View Post
    LFR is breeding a new generation of talentless, mindless one-shot-kill-or-go-home raiders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infortunium View Post
    It's still lower then the others, by a fair bit.
    Nevertheless, there isn't any explanation give to why I had over 40k 10 days ago.
    I think it was a ninja correction by Blizzard last Friday/weekend. The Thick Hide armor modifier was giving 120% instead of 33%. Speculation was that they had to mess around with Thick Hide a little while back (possibly during the beta) to fix a situational lack of crit immunity. In the process, they may have broken the armor modifier.

Prior to the assumed ninja correction, there had been some moaning from dks, pallies and some warriors in the new community forums wondering what was going on when they compared their armor to equally geared bears.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...7152961?page=1
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3320884?page=2
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...7153486?page=1
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8281933?page=1
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-12-20 at 03:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    this is getting rather complicated as a lto of ppl complain we got to much armor and we druid complain we got to less >.<

my advise, keep shapeshifting until you have 40K

and if you check your bufs maybe it is agility accendently giving armor again or is it devo aura getting boosted by our multipliers, or something totaly differnt
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Harith View Post
    dude you are meant to have the same armor/health/avodens as all the other tanks to create a more balaenced raid sceen
    Fair enough,

but we dont work the way pala's war and dk's do

1 we dont get tank gear... we get dps gear wich we need to reforge (no biggie), pala/war/dk's get tank plate wich has the desired stats on them
    2 we have no block or parry, but we do have around the same dodge as other tanks now, all prot speccs give a prot mastery, so savage defense doesnt make up for that
    3 we still scale very diffrently compaired to other tanks, so having weak gear atm shows more then a shabby tank.
    4 we need to crit before mastery even kicks in, so if you pull a big pack , and dont crit you are basicly fudged (and we are reforging crit and haste to dodge so even less crit)
    5 we also have no ranged silences unlike the other tanks

this makes pulling and controll a bit harder for us and the group

we arnt balanced atm... i expect some changes soon.
    on the otherhand we do make for a nice niche, cause my dps output is milles ahead of other tanks

Deleted
    Your dps is only ahead of other tanks during berserk, otherwise other tanks are not playing very well.

Yes, our survivability seems to be an issue in some cases, very recently, like this week end, and probably because of a bug somewhere. Control is fine, Skull bash is amazing, and our tools are more than capable of dealing with heroics.

Now, raid bosses is another story, and yeah, it does feel like other tanks are a bit more resilient, but it should be fixed soon. Hopefully.

Our dps is way higher then a plate tank... they arnt doing it wrong, you prob dont do enough
    in pugs im mostly no2 on dps and around 9-10k dps (depends on how much group packs there are) while my guild co tank partner does around 7k and even less if he goes in dps specc atm (no range no aoe).

skullbash isnt amazin... its a normal interupt wich almost all tanks have with a 10s cd, the small charge doesnt make it awesome
    we NEED a ranged silence like the other, this isnt a requierment for alot of packs, but it is noticable that druids struggle alot more on certain pack pulls then wars/dks/pala's

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 0smo View Post
    skullbash isnt amazin... its a normal interupt wich almost all tanks have with a 10s cd, the small charge doesnt make it awesome
    we NEED a ranged silence like the other, this isnt a requierment for alot of packs, but it is noticable that druids struggle alot more on certain pack pulls then wars/dks/pala's
    I wonder how they could implement in a way that made sense a ranged interrupt/silence for a "Bear"

But you're right in that this is a hole:

Paladin: Avenger's Shield
    Warrior: Heroic Throw (with prot Gag Order talent)
    DK: Death Grip

How about:

Ground and Pound
    30 yd range
    Instant 1 min cooldown
    Requires Bear Form
    You pound the ground, throwing dirt at the enemy, causing 12 damage (based on attack power). This ability causes high threat.

Then add to "Brutal Impact" talent (rank 1):

... Gives your Ground and Pound a 50% chance to silence the target for 3 sec. Also, lowers the cooldown on Ground and Pound by 15 sec.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-12-20 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    I wonder how they could implement in a way that made sense a ranged interrupt/silence for a "Bear"

But you're right in that this is a hole:

Paladin: Avenger's Shield
    Warrior: Heroic Throw (with prot Gag Order talent)
    DK: Death Grip

How about:

Ground and Pound
    30 yd range
    Instant 1 min cooldown
    Requires Bear Form
    You pound the ground, throwing dirt at the enemy, causing 12 damage (based on attack power). This ability causes high threat.

... Gives your Ground and Pound a 50% chance to silence the target for 3 sec. Also, lowers the cooldown on Ground and Pound by 15 sec.

I love when players come up with talents/abilities, they are so much cooler than the devs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    I see people type out druid(s) as "dudu." So, my class is now reduced to a pile of crap (doo doo)? What?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post

How about:

Ground and Pound
    30 yd range
    Instant 1 min cooldown
    Requires Bear Form

Druid used Skull Bash!
    Druid used Thrash!
    Druid used Mud Slap!
    Druid is pokemon!

OT, yes, I notcied. around 37k down to about 29k or so overnight. Went into a DM, tanked it just fine. Few days later, got creamed on the first 2 ogres.