Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Archeology, i am so disapoint

So.. your thoughts plz..

I was so looking forward to this profession, mounts, pets, novelty, BoA's... it had it all..

I maxed my arch in roughly 25-30 hours.. by no means the 1st.. I had to have me a raptor mount (damn ZG wouldn't put out)
    So from 1-525 i managed to find 6 rare so far..

Fossilized Raptor ------------------------ mount
    Fossilized Hatchling --------------------- pet
    Innkeepers Daughter ------------------- 2nd hearth
    Queen Azshara's Dressing Gown ------ BoA
    Chalice of the Mountain King ---------- Novelty
    Clockwork Gnome Pet ------------------ Pet

from what i can tell the only things worth even bothering with this for is pets and mounts

Innkeepers Daughter --- 2nd hearth
    What a useless piece of sh.... other than the mount, this is the #1 item i wanted.. we've had city portals at our disposal now for god knows how long since Shattrah graced us with it presence, and now with them gone, this was one of my biggest driving reason to lvl this profession..
    I guess i gave blizz too much credit but i fully expected this little beauty to not only have a separate CD, but also to allow me to bind a 2nd hearth to a different location..
    It's not as if every level 1+ player in the game dosent already have one.. Woot its blue.. /spit
    Well.. You know what they say about assumptions..

Chalice of the Mountain King ------ Novelty
    4 sword dancing female Dwarfs.. Well the description did say sword dance.. I guess blizz thought 4 riverdancing dwarfs would be better.. Oo i see.. The sword is strapped to their hip... Effort??

Queen Azshara's Dressing Gown --- BoA
    Sigh.. where to start.. what would have to be THE best looking robe in-game that I've seen.. and its BoA.. Did blizz finally get something right!!!!!.... Sadly, no..
    This little gem would've been soooooo much better if it scaled to Level.. I'm not expecting it to beat absolutely every other item it compares to..
    But to restrict a item to level 60 that comes from this profession is just plain stupid.. Best looking robe in the game and you'll wear it for all of 2 levels (30-60mins)... If that.

And ill leave my rant with ---- Lore
    What a laugh.. Heres and example of Lore

Fine Bloodscalp Dinnerware
    Okay, it's really just a big knife, but in a culture like the Bloodscalp tribe, any use of actual utensils counts as fine dining.

Ok now that ive read that..
    You have earned the achievement Blizzard Sage

I feel so learned

Well i can hear the flames building already.. But Meh.. They way i think of it.. Yeah sure i have ton of time on my hands to level and grind this sort of thing.. What did i expect..
    What about the people who don't have as much time.. Schoolies, the working class.. With the limited amount of time they will have to work on this in between leveling, rep grinding and gear grinding..

Anyway.. Just want your thoughts.. Flames are welcome
    Last edited by Friendly; 2010-12-12 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Thought it needed more sarcasm.

i understand u are disapoint, but u could've expected the inkeepers daughter to NOT allow a 2nd location, as scroll of recall, ancestral recall(the shaman hs) don't allow this either.... the vanity item is just ... meh... at least give them a good proper sword dance dance then...

the dress... well... beautiful dress, lvl 60 restricted... it was known WAY up front that the dress would NOT scale to level, as any other archeology gear that is discovered. there is also a shit load of people ingame who just put on nice outfits and /afk in large cities... THAT is basicly what this dress was invented for....

as for the dinnerware lore.... yeah.... it was really lame and failed misareably... i got it too.. i was like: WTF... how STONED were they when they wrote this... it's is NOT funny...... then i got high and read it again............. little did i know, it'd became super funny then xD so ia dvise u to get either stoned or drunk as hell... and read the lore on trash items from archeology.... u'll laugh a lot more also, u'll sleep VEERRYY good after all the reading
    Quote Originally Posted by spiny View Post
    I always mean to get around to doing Archaeology but something always comes up. Like anything. Anything at all. Mowing the lawn. Eating glass for others' amusement, watching my cat clean its butt, etc.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street is the lead systems designer on World of Warcraft. He has four dogs: three epic retrievers and one green terrier suitable for disenchanting.

lol.. i think ill have to take you up on that advice..

(send missus to see a man about a dog)

ill be laughing along with us soon i hope

as for the innkeepers daughter,, your right.. i shouldve expected it not to.. but my need for it drove my hopes high..

the dress.. ive been a hunter from day one.. and i really hate alts... i do have a shadowpriest on the build but i stopped him at 70 coz northrend wanted me to take off all my awesome quel danis robes and change them to gay northrend ones... atm he is wearing the heirloom..
    while this looks ok, it just dosent have a shadowpriest feel with all those greens in it..
    i dont roleplay but i want my toon to look good as well..
    and not just in town.. now that BoA was by far the most expensive Rare Archeology find ive gotten..

Raptor mount 100 frags
    lvl 60 restricted awesome looking BoA dress.. 150 frags..

but yet, still absolutely useless

So I hear... that using.... lots of ellipses.... helps reinforce your............. arguement.

In short: Its a secondary profession. You don't need it to progress through the game NOR do you need to level it. If the people with very little time want to level it, they will.
    It's supposed to be a fun profession, rewarding those who like exploring around.
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Wnxcow View Post
    i understand u are disapoint, but u could've expected the inkeepers daughter to NOT allow a 2nd location, as scroll of recall, ancestral recall(the shaman hs) don't allow this either
    I fully agree. You couldn´t except it to allow you to bind a 2nd location for the HS. As for the sword dancing...I understand your pain.. ;S

Quote Originally Posted by Israfel View Post
    It's supposed to be a fun profession, rewarding those who like exploring around.
    I could buy that until I found out my alchemy mount is a rare drop from Tol'Vir.

I literally don't care one bit about BOA epics but i'm being forced to level arch if I want my alchemy mount. Not just LEVEL it but farm what will probably be an ungodly amount at 525 just to get the recipe. 10% chance to get the artifact I need.. 10% chance to get a Uldum digsite many times over until I have the frags I need.. and who knows what % chance to get the recipe when I actually complete it?

And yes I know i'm not being forced to make the mount but personally I think having max alchemy and the willingness to drop 50k~ on one mount would be enough, but apparently not.
    Last edited by nFeF; 2010-12-12 at 01:49 AM.

Archaeology is a secondary profession, and secondary professions aren't something you have to do, it's there of free will. I've been doing only Archaeology since Cata came out and I never had such a great time. Maybe it's because I'm an RP:er and love the lore behind the items you get, no matter how useful they may or may not be. I got alot of the rare items so far and I don't really get why you are disappointed, you could have just looked things up before you started leveling the profession and you'd known about the limitation of the items.

Quote Originally Posted by himlaklar View Post
    Archaeology is a secondary profession, and secondary professions aren't something you have to do, it's there of free will. I've been doing only Archaeology since Cata came out and I never had such a great time. Maybe it's because I'm an RP:er and love the lore behind the items you get, no matter how useful they may or may not be. I got alot of the rare items so far and I don't really get why you are disappointed, you could have just looked things up before you started leveling the profession and you'd known about the limitation of the items.
    You should read the post above yours.

Secondary professions stop being 'something you don't have to do' when they are REQUIRED to make a primary profession item.

Quote Originally Posted by nFeF View Post
    You should read the post above yours.

Secondary professions stop being 'something you don't have to do' when they are REQUIRED to make a primary profession item.
    Except that primary profession item is a freakin' vanity item.

Vial of the sands doesn't really give you a big buff that makes raiding easy, it's more a nice perk to be able to transform into a dragon, I don't see that as mandatory. I agree it's quite harsh and that it would be fair to make the recipe BoE at least.

Quote Originally Posted by kaloryth View Post
    Except that primary profession item is a freakin' vanity item.
    And?

BOA epics are a "freakin tier 1 raid weapon" they mean about 20x less to me then my archaeology drake does. I would call it my alchemy drake but.. yeah right. Items hold differnent values according to the player. I couldn't care less about raid gear because I don't raid anymore.
    Last edited by nFeF; 2010-12-12 at 02:20 AM.

I think blizz will put more items in archaeology later in the patches to come.

Think of the vial of the sands like this: its hard to get so the less will actually get it outta the allready small amount of alchs on the server! So well its a nice perk and if you manage to get it then you'll prolly be one of few people who have it

Then you can brag and shout in a major city getting creds for it^^,

Good Luck getting it, hope you do

Quote Originally Posted by Lobotomizer View Post
    I think blizz will put more items in archaeology later in the patches to come.
    I think it is a safe assumption that blizzard will add more rares. There seems to be very few of them at this point. And it is a very easy way for them to get people to keep playing.

give it time, im sure blizz will come up with something, so far the mount and the 2 levels it gave me where the best 82-84 just with archy
    Last edited by galileoacosta; 2010-12-12 at 10:02 AM.

And?

BOA epics are a "freakin tier 1 raid weapon" they mean about 20x less to me then my archaeology drake does. I would call it my alchemy drake but.. yeah right. Items hold differnent values according to the player. I couldn't care less about raid gear because I don't raid anymore.
    If you don't raid then why are you complaining that you'll have to do this profession? It's pretty much perfect for non-raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    this professions is supposed to be a fun one, like engineering.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    Well from the looks of it I should be getting Zin'Rohk soon, I've used about 2200 fragments and 80 or so tablets.

Doubt it though since RNG hates me.

This was the one of the top 5 biggest QQ posts I've seen in the last week, and there have been some doozies.

"Gaiz this secondary profession doesn't have 100% epic lewts or awesome mounts, it's totally useless omglolwtfqq"

People enjoy lore. This is a secondary profession. The fact that it has a mount at all is amazing. We were told when it was added it would be incredibly lore based for players who like to learn about the worlds lore. Not to mention it's entirely new, and will be updated (Like everything else in the game) with new content in future patches.

There are just too many whines in one post for me to even begin to know where you need to go to get help for your obvious issues.

It has 2 mounts and 3 pets, plus I like it :>

It would suck if you got all the items on the first day.