Thread: Resto peeps!

Resto peeps!

so, going resto main spec again (after a long debate of me wanting boomkin vs the guild needing healers)

gear is okayish for dungeons, but my main question is in Haste Vs. Mastery reforging

is Symbosis how it use to be (only HT and Nourish were effected if you had RJ or LB on the target) or does now any healing spell get increased if there is HoT on the target?

if so would you reforge to haste for more ticks/faster casts, or mastery for bigger heals?
    TIRION: It is done
    RHONIN: I know it's done, I'm the d00d that did it
    TIRION: But without a lich king to chain it, the scourge will rampage across Azeroth, destroying all life, I am the only one who can bear this solemn burden.
    RHONIN: Because you did such a good job with the coliseum? I thought I fired your ass, Why are you even here?

Deleted
    Heard haste is the best but not really sure.

any heal is increased if a hot is on the target. just not the same hot from you. you can't refresh a rejuv with another rejuv and have it be affected by mastery.

Deleted
    I gear haste > mastery > crit

Symbiosis increases the healing of -any- healing spell on a target affected by one or more of your HoTs, including Wild Growth. So mastery is pretty strong for 5man healing, and tank healing.
    Haste is good for obvious reasons

Deleted
    Intel goes always first. Haste is just way to go for both mana preservation (you can get nourish pretty low on cast time, which saves a lot of mana) and gcd reduction. My third is crit rating tbh. Master is good for tank healing, cant find it usefull for group i might change my mind in raids...

I read somewhere that, unless you can hit the haste cap through reforging, it's better to do mastery until you can hit the haste cap.

I'm not saying that's the definitive answer, but I believe I read it in the Resto Guide stickied here

Signature by Shyama!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesse View Post
    I read somewhere that, unless you can hit the haste cap through reforging, it's better to do mastery until you can hit the haste cap.

I'm not saying that's the definitive answer, but I believe I read it in the Resto Guide stickied here
    Interesting though..However unless you wont to run OOM every pull, you will need to use nourish to spam tank with LBs on or nourish dps/yourself if you get some dmg. Nourish is very cheap, but heals for crap and cast time is long as hell. So you just need to get as much haste as possible to push the cast time of Nourish to the ground.

See, this is just a start of expansion. Every single expansion Blizzard wanted to make healing more challenging. That you will need to watch your mana, cast only spells you need to cast etc.
    Usually at start of the expansion it works. But end of the expansion was always joke... remember TBC in SWP. You could spam everything and never get below 90% mana. Wotlk in ICC You could spam everything and pretty much the same.

Just give it time ppl will be able to spamm anything anytime at some point imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a guide at the top, read it:
    You want at least 1221 haste. You want to strive for 2440. If you can't hit 2440 without starving your stats, anything over 1221 is pretty much wasted. Yes, it helps your cast times but other stats are more important.

According to number crunchers, mastery gives more throughput than crit if you are healing correctly. You want a healthy amount of crit, especially for heroics and/or tank healing raids, but Mastery in general is better. Living seed is amazing, don't crit starve yourself.

For reforging, I wouldn't start reforging until you have a firm grasp on your mana usage, then start with spi. You can also reforge some haste to balance around your cap, but your gear will be changing so quickly it's not really worth reforging right away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, first of all you need SPIRIT! Spirit all the way until you do NOT oom in 2 minute bossfights! Spirit is absolute requirement on heroic dungeons! Forget the Non-spirit items from wotlk and start gemming, echanting and reforging(if possible) spirit!

Trust me - i have tried this thing

I quess when you get full 316-343 (or what was the heroic dungeon loot item level) you will be in a pretty good shape in Mp5
    I tried to sleep on my keyboard - Not a good idea, WASD on the cheek in the morning.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    First tier in an expansion your stats are always meh. But it's Haste>Mastery>Crit. As you get further on patches it changes a bit due to higher stats in gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are having to gem and enchant spi you are doing something wrong. Taking most if not all spirit pieces you have is far more than enough to have enough regen to last a heroic fight. Int number to number gives more regen than spirit does, so gemming spi is just hurting you unless it's for your meta bonus and/or you gain at least 10 int from the socket bonus.