View Poll Results: Were you pleased by the content of the Cata Collectors Edition box?

Voters
51. This poll is closed
  • YES! ITS THE BEST THING EVER!

12 23.53%
  • Yea, its alright

21 41.18%
  • No, i was dissapointed

2 3.92%
  • BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY EVER!

3 5.88%
  • Didnt buy the collectors edition

13 25.49%
    Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Cataclysm Collectors Edition

I was sadly kinda disappointed by the WoW: Collectors Edition box this expac...

To elaborate on why, it just seems to be lacking. I was expecting the art book to have some more in depth designs and insight into how they changed the cities, new models for NPCs (like garrosh for example) some armor ideas (there was one page with 6 classes t11 concepts). All in all it was just a book of deathwing drawn 900 times, worgens, goblins, more worgens, cata zones. I play the WoW TCG and i was a lil sad there were no holo promo cards like the 2 DKs last xpac, although the leaders cards are very cool.

And last of all the pet, while situationally perfect, just seems lackluster... i think i like Deathy the Blizzcon pet more than Lil' Deathwing. IDK perhaps im just finding something to complain about. Im enjoying cata, new zones are ascetically pleasing, models are gorgeous, quests are fun. One of if not my favorite expansion so far, just a little dismayed by the Collectors edition, wonderin if anyone else in the community had an opinion. What did you like/dislike about it and why?
    Last edited by XeroXen TruSin; 2010-12-10 at 08:07 AM.
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

Yeah, Lil' Deathwing has the same sounds as the other pets of that style, unlike Deathy. The SC2 CE was a better buy...

I wouldn't say I'm 100% thrilled with it, but neither am I disappointed. However, I've got every WoW CE and they all kind of follow that same formula as of late. The artbooks are roughls the same iirc, the soundtrack is a soundtrack, the pets are cool but not the greatest...

Now I was a little disappointed in the loot card. Just the gift box? Really? Why couldn't it be something cooler. I mean I'm not expecting a mount, so it's nice you had a chance to get one sort of, but why not make something cool again like the pet biscuits?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the same, the only things I'm after though is the mousepad, Feat of Strength (epeeeeeeeen x)) and the TCG code. I don't play the TCG so I don't really care about the cards, but I really dislike that the things you get are limited, the things you get from collector's edition should be permanent imo. I don't really care for the pet itself since we get pets for going around a corner these days, they really need to get new stuff for either collector's or blizzcon, pets are really starting to get really boring. Now, the mousepad is freakin awesome, waaaay better then the one from wotlk's CE. Haven't listened to the soundtrack yet, rarely listen to ambient music, but I bet that when I'm actually in the mood for it, it'll be awesome.

So in short; Awesome mousepad, probably epic music, get rid of pets for everything, and make the TCG code thingy permanent instead of x50. Oh and the artwork isn't that interesting, I liked the artwork for vanilla though. But since vanilla is the actual game (like, not an expansion with additional stuff), and came with 60 levels, there's a lot more to do artwork about.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomec View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm 100% thrilled with it, but neither am I disappointed. However, I've got every WoW CE and they all kind of follow that same formula as of late. The artbooks are roughls the same iirc, the soundtrack is a soundtrack, the pets are cool but not the greatest...

Now I was a little disappointed in the loot card. Just the gift box? Really? Why couldn't it be something cooler. I mean I'm not expecting a mount, so it's nice you had a chance to get one sort of, but why not make something cool again like the pet biscuits?
    I think the loot card is random... Someone had posted that he had won a Swift Spectral, with a SS provided. And there was a comment under it saying the other guy won a Path of Cenarius thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Good fight Thrall, oh btw, your wife is pregnant. SURPRISE!!!

Only thing im dissapointed about is that Lil Deathwing does not have any special anymations or sound. Its just another idle dragonling animation and sound.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

I thought it was similar compared to other CE from previous expansions. I thought Lil Deathwing was far cooler than Deathy.

Compare Lil Deathwing with Frosty. Pretty similar if you ask me. Plus most (if not all) got a loot card from their deck which gave them a chance to get some rare mounts. Unfortunately, I did not get a mount

It's just a common loot card, would have been nice if it was unique to the CE...

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomec View Post
    , but why not make something cool again like the pet biscuits?
    i got Pet Biscuits out of mine... lol
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

I lucked out and got a Landro's Gift Box with the Spectral Tiger - before that, I was pretty iffy on the CE edition but figured I'd rather get it now instead of possibly regretting not getting it in the future..

Vanilla/TBC/WoLK/Cata CE. Got to keep the streak going.

It's what was advertised for months, no surprises.
    I'm glad I got it for the feat, the pet, the mousepad (much better than the Outlands or Northrend ones), the making-of DVD (which is always awesome), the loot card and the big pack of cards that I use to roll filters.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 100% glad I didn't spend any extra money on it.

Well since you didn't mention the mousepad or the soundtrack, I will assume that you were quite pleased with them.

I am a music buff- the soundtrack was my main reason for purchasing the collector's edition (artbook second, mousepad third). I am absolutely thrilled with it.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

Deleted
    Didn't get it, might get it at xmass if any are left and i have the spare cash.

I liked it all. For the book, well... Maybe those t hings aren't in it because they didn't need to draw it all that much. They don't make concept art because of the book, but the book because of the concept art.

I'll agree with you on the art book, I would have also liked to see some of the inspirations for the new zone designs. Instead they just gave us Weapon/Armor designs and voila.

I disgree with being disappointed in the CE in general though, the soundtrack and the actual cover of the art book (take off the paper) make up for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Feat of Strenght are you guys talking about? The one to obtain the Lil Deathwing I'm assuming?

yeah i may just sell the CE game box with the key on ebay and keep the rest as i already bought the digital version too but i want to keep the box and the rest of the goodies :-p