Secondary Professions

Since I'm banned from WoW's forums and have been for years, I can't post my suggestions that I think could make the game a lot better. But first let me get something straight about secondary professions, as I'm about to 525 all of them on 12 different soon-to-be level 85 characters and I want to know if it's at all worth it.

First Aid - Useless for Healers & Tanks
    Reason: Healers have heals which do substantially more with fast mana regeneration, Tanks are constantly getting hit as will cancel the channel time of a Bandage, and have too much health for a little band-aid to matter

Cooking - Useful for all classes and roles
    Reason: Food Buffs for each stat, and Feasts, Chef Title, Restores Health & Mana

Fishing - Useful for Cooks, and other extras
    Reason: The rewards from Fishing are... Fish! Fish are used for Cooking, even though they taste nasty they can provide for good Cooking recipes. There are also Fishing Contests that can reward various items. Requires patience of course.

Archeology

This is what I need help with... I understand there's a variety of items that can be obtained through this secondary profession, but my question is... Is Archeology worth it as a Raider? Some of the items you get can be Mounts, Companions, and Gear. But remember in Wrath when iLevel200's went so far out of date that we just jumped from Questing greens to 232 epics? Right now the gear rewarded from this appear to be iLevel359's, but won't these get replaced quickly in future Tiers? Will this make Archeology useless to a "Main"? I'm debating on whether or not the hike to 525 is going to be worth it in the long-run, or should I pick this up on my Achievement Character (100 mounts, 30 tabards, Violet Proto, 50 Exalted, 100 pets, Loremaster, etc) - yes I have a separate character for Achievements.

My Suggestion, for Blizzard, would be to update Archeology, and add items in the future to make this secondary profession worth something. I doubt their intentions are to introduce a Profession that turns from Useful Rewards to casually cosmetic. None of the other professions "died" in this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    The general idea behind archaeology was never meant for it to provide good gear so that raiders were more or less forced into playing it. It was meant to provide those cosmetic items of which you speak and other items meant for newly lvled 85s and other phases of the lvling.

It's a secondary proffession, it's not to be worth it, it's to have fun with

Quote Originally Posted by Beyz View Post
    The general idea behind archaeology was never meant for it to provide good gear so that raiders were more or less forced into playing it. It was meant to provide those cosmetic items of which you speak and other items meant for newly lvled 85s and other phases of the lvling.

It's a secondary proffession, it's not to be worth it, it's to have fun with
    And you can send the epics to your alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    And you can send the epics to your alts.
    I know but I'm just wondering if those epics will suck in 2011, as much as iLevel200's did in Wrath.

So first, First Aid can be useful for everyone in PvP situations.
    Second. Archaeology is a secondary profession, so it is not necessary for raiding. But there is some very very nice entry level raid gear (359) like a 2h str weapon, a healing trinket, a int staff and I think a bunch more. All of this will be outdated tho. Probably before you're even able to get the stuff from archaeology (I assume the level 85 stuff can only be digged up with very high archaeology skill level which is quite a grind to achieve)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?