LastLast

Costs for Flasks insane

Intellect:
    Volatile Life (6), Azshara's Veil (12), Twilight Jasmine (12), Crystal Vial

Strength:
    Volatile Life (6), Cinderbloom (12), Whiptail (12), Crystal Vial

Agility:
    Volatile Life (6), Azshara's Veil (12), Whiptail (12), Crystal Vial
    Am i missing somethink or are the costs utterly insane? Azshara's Veil is so rare that a stack goes for 400g on my server. Volatile Life was quite common but after the changes in Deepholme and Twilight Highlands the price will rise, same for Twilight Jasmine.

So the cost for one casterflask right now is (Server Gorgonnash.eu)
    Volatile Life x6 = 80g
    Azshara's Veil x12 = 300g
    Twilight Jasmine x12 = 60g
    = 440g for one hour of raiding?

It's the same at the beginning of each expansion, more or less. The materials are rare, and the competition is great. I sold 20 stacks of Obsidithingy ore for 150 g each, that will stop very soon aswell. Patience, young one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by messi4h View Post
    Am i missing somethink or are the costs utterly insane? Azshara's Veil is so rare that a stack goes for 400g on my server. Volatile Life was quite common but after the changes in Deepholme and Twilight Highlands the price will rise, same for Twilight Jasmine.

So the cost for one casterflask right now is (Server Gorgonnash.eu)
    Volatile Life x6 = 80g
    Azshara's Veil x12 = 300g
    Twilight Jasmine x12 = 60g
    = 440g for one hour of raiding?
    Lesson 1 = Be a herber
    Lesson 2 = if your not a herber get a alt lvl 85 who can herb for you
    Lesson 3 = Be a alchemist so you dont have to buy but can sell
    Lesson 4= its always like this in a exp beginning cause of proff's leveling people gain profit for it. try again in 5months
    Lesson 5= Use your guild bank for mats and flasks ?, mostly it cheaper offered by the GM
    Lesson 6= If your not a alchemy / herber, help a guildie get mats for his tailoring or w/e so he can farm you herb's ?

C what i did thur

Then dont use them

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty much what you can expect after a few days when people are 85 and getting into the first raids. If you're on a server with a few fast progressing guilds, they will buy out stuff like this no matter what the price and the gatherers take advantage of that.

Prices will stabilize over time.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The prices will go down a lot when more people have Herbalism leveled. Its just that, right now, people are willing to pay that amount because they want to be one of the first to level their profession. I'm an alchemist and leveling to 525 was really expensive for that exact reason. Give it time, prices will normalize.
    I don't claim to be an expert. I'm just smarter than you.

Yeah my server (Thaurissan.US) is having similar problems. Any flask that contains azshara's veil or whiptail immediately costs over 500g which then for some reason cannot be sold for anywhere near that.

Deleted
    the strengt one is liek... np at all... i have 2-300 of each cinder/whiptail's and 150 volatile life from few days of farming while questing. Oo

But yeah, those that requires Azshare's veil.... =S

i really don't expect prices to go down, have you tried to farm azshara's veil? have you been to twilight highlands after the hotfix?

Deleted
    i really don't expect prices to go down, have you tried to farm azshara's veil? have you been to twilight highlands after the hotfix?
    have you ever raided or saw a EXP before ?.
    Are you poor ? cause 1k gold is made in 30min on AH when Wotlk was there so if your now rich now your probly doing something wrong.
    Have you seen the gold you get from questing ?.
    Have You ask friends guildies to help eachother ?.

it'll be like that for a while. prices and availability will move down when more are level 85 and focus on professions.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    new expansion creates an upturn in demand for flasks while the supply of mats is low (due to people still lvling up their gathering etc etc) which accounts for the temporarily inflated prices ... theyll go down my friend ... no need to fret

edit: sorry ... it seems i have posted pretty much the same as everyone else /cheers

The problem about this is:

On the 1st day I farmed about 50 stacks of different herbs.
    When I try to farm it today... 0 herbs can be found... It seems they nerfed the repop rate.
    Getting Azshara's Veil is hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by MekzZz View Post
    have you ever raided or saw a EXP before ?.
    Are you poor ? cause 1k gold is made in 30min on AH when Wotlk was there so if your now rich now your probly doing something wrong.
    Have you seen the gold you get from questing ?.
    Have You ask friends guildies to help eachother ?.
    thanks for your comments, now try reading mine first

Deleted
    well i rarely raid with flask's, but y'know i dont really play annymore :P but 440g ea flask is just insane...

to clarify things:

i have no problem farming herbs, but i have a problem with farming for 1 hour to get the mats to raid for 1 hour

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a few BOE epics on the AH on my server.

I think the cheapest one is 50k gold, the most expensive one is 175k.

I have no idea what these people are thinking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just because prices are high due to expansion being new, doesn't mean that the material costs aren't high. Look at the new 22 slot bag. 15 bolts of cloth (5 cloth each) and 15 hypnotic dust (which is pretty rare considering you get 5 million essences from your quest rewards while leveling and hardly any dust). And thats for the "basic" bag of this expansion and its only 22 slot. Most people already had 22 slot bags from quests or glacial.

The AH prices really don't factor to much in the actual cost of items since you also have to factor in the cost of how long it would take to farm that stuff up. All crafted items have jumped in mats and prices compared to their equivalent in wrath but the rate at which some things drop hasn't increased to compensate.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

They think there is people out there that are gold capped who need something new.

thanks for your comments, now try reading mine first
    I got 2 stacks of it just leveling my herbing for 30 mins in Vashj'ir. +the lightning stuff

But thanks for the info, Im gonna stop leveling alch and start selling the herbs. Good lookin out.