The Definition of a Troll

I'm really struggling to understand the real meaning of a troll and why its so bad to be one. As I understand, a troll is someone who says something negative or completely untrue to get a heated response from people. Then the troll actually gets enjoyment out of this? How does one get enjoyment out of having 20 people respond to his post laughing at his stupidity? Also, it appears to be a bad thing if a "normal" person gets "trolled" like "hahaha you got trolled!!" So lemme get this straight.. someone makes a dumb post that makes 0 sense, I respond to him laughing at his existence and somehow HE wins "all the internets?"

This is 100% related to World of Warcraft and does not fit in the Off Topic section at all.

why not? there are no trolls in World of Warcraft?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolling is for the lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

That's the same as saying a gun is related to a biplane, because biplanes have had guns upon them. The topic of trolls and specifically trolls is not about World of Warcraft, especially since the OP mentions forum posting.

Deleted
    Quoting this from another thread, but yeah, off-topic.
    I hate people who think they're trolls. I remember when everyone didn't consider themselves trolls because they thought of something dumb. It's not. Trolling is where you trap someone in an argument they can't win. Trolling is where you get someone to make a stupid comment and call them out on it. Trolling is never trolling when you call it trolling to the person your trolling. I remember when Trolling was a art.

Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.