Question Most Wanted Class/Tree for Cataclysm Raiding?

If you are level 85 and have and have a good idea of and/or experience in level 85 content, could you please list the classes and/or talent trees, by role, that you believe will be most desired by raiding guilds for this new content.

...roles being Main Tank, Off Tank, Raid Healer, Tank Healer, Ranged DPS, Melee DPS.

I know this is kind of a broad request, but I'm interested in what you guys have to say.. as I'm a returning player and missed a lot of the changes.

Thank You!!!

tanks are always short, but some guilds have too many of them.
    healers are always no problem to find and dps grows on trees.

you'd best go with whatever u played before and enjoy playing as that's the way it's supposed to be. you'll fit in immediately as good players are rare(ish)

wb !

nah, I've decided on Horde at least... I can play anything well, just wondering what will be wanted; cause I hate it when I level a character up and then people are like 'meh we hate your class'.

Generally, I've noticed ranged DPS end up being needed pretty often. As it is, melee are falling out of trees, and anything else they can get their hands on. Tanks are sorta hit and miss, really necessary, but almost always filled ASAP, and are usually with their guilds pretty much forever. Healers are usually pretty good for finding groups, though they almost always stay with guilds a long time, so it might be hard to find a guild spot that way. Are you mostly looking at finding a guild, or doing mostly pugs?

I'm looking at finding a steady guild. I haven't even picked a server yet... I know I want a US East server.. but not sure which one to choose. Someone told me to choose a medium population server because it would be harder to find a guild on high population servers... not sure I believe that one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bad.wolf View Post
    If you are level 85 and have and have a good idea of and/or experience in level 85 content, could you please list the classes and/or talent trees, by role, that you believe will be most desired by raiding guilds for this new content.

...roles being Main Tank, Off Tank, Raid Healer, Tank Healer, Ranged DPS, Melee DPS.

I know this is kind of a broad request, but I'm interested in what you guys have to say.. as I'm a returning player and missed a lot of the changes.

Thank You!!!
    Too general a question and you've pretty much already listed them in the exact order of normal demand since the game started 6 years ago!

Just play whatever you enjoy the most. You will almost certainly get the most out of whatever you enjoy the most. If its for the long term, make sure you chose based on role (as per your list) and not class. Classes can change a LOT - ask a DK or ret paladin!

Raids always need more dps than they do healers/tanks.
    as a general rule.

So, would I regret going like Hunter/Survival or Mage/Arcane?

Quote Originally Posted by bad.wolf View Post
    So, would I regret going like Hunter/Survival or Mage/Arcane?
    Typically, a steady guild wants you playing what you know best. Typically, the class you know best is also the one you play best. Go with that. That'll be the secret to finding a steady guild - being a good player. We have long since graduated from the days of bringing X class of X spec no matter how cruddy the player simply because it brings X buff or Y benefit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomm View Post
    Raids always need more dps than they do healers/tanks.
    as a general rule.
    Nope. There are 4 tank specs, 5 healer specs and 21 dps specs (most/all dps are interchangeable). The queues of the LFG system show that there are always more than 3 times as many dps available as tanks or healers. In a typical 25-man raid, you need at most 3 tanks but up to 7 healers. So, the hardest spots to fill are either tank or heal spots. Since most guilds base their raiding around their tanks, even their loot system in many cases, most tank spots are filled.

Therefore, you are most likely to get into a raid as a healer with a dps offspec. This seems to have worked out in practice for me. I always seemed to get a lot of invitations and raid spots available as a healer.

This was before I became an altoholic and rolled one of every class, except rogues (which in my view are just for fun).
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-12-10 at 10:20 PM.

Holy Paladin......you can DPS and Heal at the same time.

Healers and Tanks almost always have instant LFG queues. As a DPS you should expect to wait 10 - 15 mins while leveling below 80. Right now for 80+ DPS I have seen queues as high as 30+ mins.