So many cut scenes, so little voice acting...

So yea… There are a lot of what could be awesome cut scenes but they lack voice acting… Sure some cut scenes are short maybe they don’t need voice acting however if the chat bubbles are off the screen so they can’t even be read…
    So I think Blizzard should add in more voice acting. Before you say they won’t do it as it would cost money I have discussed this with many people and they all said the same thing… “I would do it for free!”
    So my question is: Would you do free voice acting if Blizzard asked you to?

My view is that those that are willing to do it for free, likely aren't very good voice actors. I would not want amateurs voice acting for WoW and I would not do it myself if I was not confident in my ability.

your post makes me believe that your really bad at all video games.

>~.~> Your post makes me believe you are not the most helpful of posters. And guess what, your infraction history proves it! Short ban for rudeness / non constructive posts. ~Raven
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2010-12-11 at 12:33 PM.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're talkiing about Uldum right? I agree about that, it lacks voice acting. Not even the intro has voice acting, with the exception of Budd reusing his line from Call of Duty (Vashj'ir prequest for Alliance).

But yes, I'd do it for free. If not for anything else, It'd simply be for bragging rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

alot of the Silverpine cutscenes involving Crowely and Bloodfang are unvoiced, so i had to speak the lines myself...I shouldnt been a voice actor, my Worgen, Orc, and DK all are the same.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, Star wars mmo is on its way still... I hear they have tons of voice acting if that's your thing. I thought the same thing after having to read some of them, where are the voices? lol in my head, ofc

Shortly said, MOAR voice acting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wash View Post
    ... so, what was the warlock ninjaing from you?

Stupid Warrior: Soul shards, the f**king idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenx View Post
    3. If all WoW servers disappeared today and were permanently removed, what would your reaction be?

I would go on forums like this and enjoy the epic nerdrage.

Quote Originally Posted by yovmit98 View Post
    Don't worry, Star wars mmo is on its way still... I hear they have tons of voice acting if that's your thing. I thought the same thing after having to read some of them, where are the voices? lol in my head, ofc
    i thought they figured out that they couldnt do a fully voiced mmo? i swear i read that on the escapist.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

I've also notice that in some of the cut scenes that the chat bubbles are off the screen so you can't even read them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icycoldmilk View Post
    I've also notice that in some of the cut scenes that the chat bubbles are off the screen so you can't even read them...
    Yeah lol, good going with that one, Blizz.

It's not a HUGE deal, but I agree that voice-acting would have been amazing.

Deleted
    I'd do it for WoW game time, and maybe so free pets.

No voice acting = EZ Mode localization.

/thread

Deleted
    I love the voiced cutscenes but i dont get all the nonvoiced.... cant we just read the chat? If.. theres no voice... why cut... the scene...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moohmooh View Post
    I love the voiced cutscenes but i dont get all the nonvoiced.... cant we just read the chat? If.. theres no voice... why cut... the scene...
    Can't u tell? Almost 99% of the cutscenes i've seen so far in Uldum are to make way for a new phasing. How'd u like if statues just...stand up one second and then are down on the ground broken? Or the battlefield disapears and magically the good guys are here to cheer u on ur victory?
    they did alot of cut-scenes cuz they did alot pf phasing and while i do agree voice acting would be nice i don't think it's practical to do it for all - just the big/important ones will do

Also, this:
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBooger View Post
    No voice acting = EZ Mode localization.

/thread