Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

LFD and the kick abuse

I know this is not new but I honestly felt like I had to share my experiences with you since I am extremely upset over what has happened to me in the past two days. Flame me all you want, if you want, I know there are some people there who can relate to this. I don't find Heroics hard, I find them extremely fun and entertaining. To me challenging = fun. But this post is not about that. It's about the people I've run heroics with. The people = shit.

I've queued for 16 heroics and for dps you can imagine how long the wait time is. Out of those 16, I've finished one. Out of those 16, I've been kicked 7 times. Out of those 16 the group has disbanded 5 times. Out of those 16, 3 times we decided to call it because we kept wiping.

Kick 1: Dungeon in progress, I zone in, people are at the last boss. 4 people from the same guild. I ask them, what does the boss do, but someone says "gogogo" and the tank goes. I have no idea what is happening since I haven't done it in heroic yet. At 50% boss does something nasty, I die. Group wipes little after. They verbally abuse me. Kick.

Kick 2: Dungeon in progress, I zone in, I say hi, I get kicked. All this happened in 5 seconds.

Kick 3: Heroic Deadmines. First boss, no problems. Trash before 2nd boss. Oafs and their axe in the head effect. I say in party chat: "I would come here just to see that axe in the head effect, it looks hilarious." 10 seconds later I get kicked.

Kick 4: Dungeon in progress, I zone in, someone says in party; "ffs we dont want a rogue", I get kicked.

Kick 5: Dungeon in progress, I zone in, people are at a boss. They ask me if I've done it before. I say no. I get kicked.

Kick 6: Heroic SFK. 2nd boss. I get kicked before we start fighting. No idea why.

Kick 7: Heroic Deadmines. 2nd boss. The sword drops, I roll need. An obvious rogue sword. Tank calls me out asking me why I rolled on a tanking sword. We argue. I get kicked.

So is this happening to anyone else? Or is it just me? Am I just finding the most screwed up people in this game with my great luck? I've been in few good groups so I know not everyone are like that but the sheer amount of stupidity and ignorance recently has really gotten under my skin. All I can ask is what the hell is wrong with people?

Yes, do it with guild blah blah. Sadly, right now it's not an option since I was the first 85 in my guild and none of them are able to run heroics yet. So it will take a while before we can even get a full guild group together. In the meantime LFD is all I got.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post

Kick 2: Dungeon in progress, I zone in, I say hi, I get kicked. All this happened in 5 seconds.

Kick 3: Heroic Deadmines. First boss, no problems. Trash before 2nd boss. Oafs and their axe in the head effect. I say in party chat: "I would come here just to see that axe in the head effect, it looks hilarious." 10 seconds later I get kicked.
    I LOL'd on these 2,hilarious.

WoW is full of kids,just ignore them.

We all had our moments when we didn't know the strats...when i was/am in that position i just do what the other [insert your class here] [insert your role here] does.You can't go wrong by following a good player(let's hope he isn't standing in the fire)

Yea people abuse the Vote kick thing to a point where id wish the remove it. its ridiculous when you help clear to a boss and get booted for nothing so the leader can inv a buddy

It's really fucked up how vote to kick works..

Lastnight i was in LFG for about an hour get in a heroic. the group i got in with was a guild they link me vent and said get in vent...I said no... 5sec later i was kicked out of the group and wasted a hour in LFG.

Gm told me they cant do anything and watch who i pug with.......................GG

10+ Year Old Account
    I was booted on my dk cause the tank couldn't hold aggro and I kept getting aggro, and I wasn't using any moves that said they generate a lot of threat...taunts either. I wasn't even in blood spec for that matter, still was booted..........

I wasn't told to stop using this or that, they said nothing before they kicked me. No whispers, so /say or party chat messages telling me what so ever as to the reason for the kick. I really wish that /kick game mechanic told the person being kicked why the group vote kicked them.

edit: oh and I've seen other tanks not be able to hold aggro when some toons weren't doing that much either
    "Things are always in a state of change or growth, what separates sentient beings from animals is restraint. If a being with sentience no longer shows enough restraint, than what is to separate said being from an animal?"
    http://madmabsmultiversegallery.blogspot.com/
    http://murlocaggrob-madmab.deviantart.com/

Tanks ftw, only time I get kicked is if it's a guild group that wants some full Lv85 geared tank already in a Lv81 dungeon or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMab View Post
    I was booted on my dk cause the tank couldn't hold aggro and I kept getting aggro, and I wasn't using any moves that said they generate a lot of threat...taunts either. I wasn't even in blood spec for that matter, still was booted..........

I wasn't told to stop using this or that, they said nothing before they kicked me. No whispers, so /say or party chat messages telling me what so ever as to the reason for the kick. I really wish that /kick game mechanic told the person being kicked why the group vote kicked them.

edit: oh and I've seen other tanks not be able to hold aggro when some toons weren't doing that much either
    I'm having some issues tanking when a higher level is in the party, they tend to snake that aggro away. Another thing I noticed between levels is that the health pool has a tremendous jump a lvl 84 shaman trumped me by almost 10k when I was lvl 83, I found this extremely hard to believe and even looking over gear etc it wasn't anything stupid, like say I forgot to put my tanking gear on.

I don't tend to get kicked, but I will kick people and with fair reason. Had a druid roll on a tanking piece that was a HUGE upgrade for me, I didn't say one word, I just kicked him. He might have been able to argue I rolled need on an item that wasn't for tanking, let alone a paladin but the only reason I did was because he "accidentally" need rolled on it and I felt in all fairness that lets me roll need if he doesn't need it.

OP: The kick tool can be abused by everyone and hearing you're story is an extremely unlucky case. People will find out soon enough that they are going to have to help each other do the new heroics and even regular dungeons. Kicking someone does not help the community as a whole if you're only kicking them because they are not the right class, which blizzard moves to improve everyday.
    Quitting WoW is harder than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post

Lastnight i was in LFG for about an hour get in a heroic. the group i got in with was a guild they link me vent and said get in vent...I said no... 5sec later i was kicked out of the group and wasted a hour in LFG.

Gm told me they cant do anything and watch who i pug with.......................GG
    So you failed to complete the simplest of tasks and wonder why they don't want you there?

Deleted
    i just hate ppl that abuses the LFD thingie tho, BUT ive never been kicked before haha

something tells me the OP isn't telling the whole story. "yeah all i did was lol at the axe effect i swear..."
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this is one of the downfalls as DPS. I once got kicked back in wrath because a warlock cast deathcoil when the tank said not to do anything. I was on my DK, the tank went berserk and said I did it, I said no it wasn't me, combat log and recount clearly say I have done nothing, it was the lock.
    They kicked me anyway. I've also been kicked just for playing a DK. I rerolled mostly due to the stereotyping of that class...

If you tank or heal, expect far less kicks, people don't want to have to wait. DPS is a dime a dozen, so they can kick at the drop of a hat.

Also, its interesting to note that WoW is notorious for having the absolute worst community in existance, its worse than 4chan. Unfortunately we're stuck with asshats.

Quite honestly, I wish there was a "rate my performance" survey at the end of every dungeon. If you were a douche bag, people will vote you down and your armoury page will reflect this.
    Also, comments on the armoury that you can rate up or down would be nice... "This player is a jerk, he kicked me just because of my class." and "this guy ninja'd my _____ that I won, heres the screen shot link." on people's armoury would be very, very helpful. If its real info, people would vote up, if its false and just some jerk trying to ruin your rep, people would vote it down. People sharing a guild with you or those on your realID could not comment, rate up or down, or answer surveys.
    It would definitely make people consider their actions...
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2010-12-11 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post

Think Vent in a 5 man is lame..don't take long to type and most in group don't know what the fight is about anyway. Everyone starts somewhere, even old player see new content. I also guess every one is 12 years old sometimes also. I just wish the 30 year olds would stop acting like 12 year olds.

Like I said in a thread I made. I have been kicked from groups due to stupid shit, most of it because the fault of DPS and not know what do do in certain situations or CC roles.

So you failed to complete the simplest of tasks and wonder why they don't want you there?
    To me it sounds like it wasnt within reason.

I mean if they said "Join vent because this place is hard and we need coordination" then the kick was (somewhat) valid.
    Though really, nobody needs to rush through any of this. Some can type in chat, read chat and go through on it. Not 100% sticking up for the guy but I'm just sayin some things dont require many of what people intend to believe.

I've kicked plenty of people so far and I've only qued for like 3 heroics...lots of people will be in org gemming/chanting/AH/whatever and stay there forever; they get kicked. Some people don't understand their role and/or don't listen to people that give advice that could make everyone's job easier and the experience better altogether. I'm glad the kick feature is there. If you're not willing to do the dungeon the right way and as quickly as possible, GTFO.

In your case, I also lol'd at the 2nd time you got kicked. There are a lot of people out there that need to be punched in the throat...the best advice I have is to be a tank =P
    Last edited by Sola; 2010-12-11 at 01:31 AM.

Eww those are the worst that I have ever heard. I really hope this doesn't happen to me when I get to heroics. Dps queues are too crappy this this type of junk to be happening.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Yeah, this is one of the downfalls as DPS. I once got kicked back in wrath because a warlock cast deathcoil when the tank said not to do anything. I was on my DK, the tank went berserk and said I did it, I said no it wasn't me, combat log and recount clearly say I have done nothing, it was the lock.
    They kicked me anyway. I've also been kicked just for playing a DK. I rerolled mostly due to the stereotyping of that class...

If you tank or heal, expect far less kicks, people don't want to have to wait. DPS is a dime a dozen, so they can kick at the drop of a hat.

Also, its interesting to note that WoW is notorious for having the absolute worst community in existance, its worse than 4chan. Unfortunately we're stuck with asshats.

Quite honestly, I wish there was a "rate my performance" survey at the end of every dungeon. If you were a douche bag, people will vote you down and your armoury page will reflect this.
    Also, comments on the armoury that you can rate up or down would be nice... "This player is a jerk, he kicked me just because of my class." and "this guy ninja'd my _____ that I won, heres the screen shot link." on people's armoury would be very, very helpful. If its real info, people would vote up, if its false and just some jerk trying to ruin your rep, people would vote it down. People sharing a guild with you or those on your realID could not comment, rate up or down, or answer surveys.
    Unfortunately this is untrue( not by much though). DPS nowadays do not know the meaning of patience. Just because some tank pulled faster than the current one doesnt mean he is bad. Everytime I mark and tell people I either get kicked or yelled at by DPS. So far, judging by thread of these incidents too, tanks seem to have a more "kicked from group" rate than healers and DPS do.

10+ Year Old Account
    how about the bullshit of tanks or healers (with offspecs) needing on dps items, the trinket in halls of origination for plate dps droped and the tank needed on it and won. I would personally like to see blizzard also make rolls in lfg groups your spec specific when you queued.

also on topic...
    [me] i asked if anyone had flasks that you could use them, they help us out.
    [fag] one guy said why would i want to flask,
    [me] would you buy a car without paint, no because thats retarded.
    [kick]

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    also on topic...
    [me] i asked if anyone had flasks that you could use them, they help us out.
    [fag] one guy said why would i want to flask,
    [me] would you buy a car without paint, no because thats retarded.
    [kick]
    lol.

Me: Hey guys wait till I pull the group up the stairs
    *throws shield*
    *Hunter uses flame trap after contact*

After that the healer got threat, the hunter kept shooting and I was like ">.<"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post

Problem with that is it would be abused even more than the vote kick is currently.

If you go into a heroic without at least reading a brief description on the boss fights you will get a well deserved kick.
    If you act up and annoy too many people during a wipefest on a harder heroic you will get a kick.
    If you enter a guild group that have obviously been wiping on a boss and refuse to go on vent you will get a kick.
    If you pull agro consistently you will get a kick.

All these are obvious.

Whot-lickers

The tone of this post, especially the last line, is fairly insulting. Be kinder towards your fellow posters, please. -Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-11 at 03:36 AM.