Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cataclysm Heroics

How many have you finished?
    how do you like them, what one is your favourite so far?

for me i have only complete 2 fully but have done about 6 and only gotr 1 or 2 bosses down before people left.
    I cant really say my fav because I have not finished all, but I really really liked the fights in heroic deadmines.
    The entire thing is extremely well done and the last boss fight is amazing.
    .......Y___Y
    .......( ^v^)")
    .....(,,) \w/)/
    .......(,,,),,)

15+ Year Old Account
    I've seen all of them (helped with ability boss pages here), but I've only personally done Blackrock Caverns and The Stonecore on normal.

Both were a little too faceroll, but I have heard horror stories of the heroics. One guildie of mine apparently wiped in heroic Grim Batol for a long time.

Eagerly awaiting the heroics.

(Also: Thread moved to Raids & Dungeons)
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Finished them all except TotH which I will probably finish today

10+ Year Old Account
    boo I though it was a good general thread, aw well here it might get more views anyway.
    .......Y___Y
    .......( ^v^)")
    .....(,,) \w/)/
    .......(,,,),,)

Way too long. Well for pugs anyways, having to wait 38 minutes for a queue then doing a heroic like Deadmines for 4 hours was definatly NOT worth it. Sure a challenge is nice but I don't want to spend a night doing a simple dungeon and getting no reward.

I also hate things like this...a tank with bane of the fallen king wipes on the first trash pull of H Halls of Origination. The tank leaves. The other dps leave. Its just me and the healer, with 3 mobs mad at us. With some mage OP kiting skills i managed to 2 man the mobs it with the healer...then he left.

I was in the group that got heroic grim batol and halls of origination down first for my guild. Those were the only two the rest of the guild couldn't seem to get down. Group was 2 shamans (enh and ele), me (hunter), a holy pally and prot pally. It was challenging til we learned the encounters. I enjoy the difficulty level but I don't pug so I assume it would be really hard for a random to pull off those dungeons.

the regs are fun, i look forward to the challenge of heroics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velyndina View Post
    Way too long. Well for pugs anyways, having to wait 38 minutes for a queue then doing a heroic like Deadmines for 4 hours was definatly NOT worth it. Sure a challenge is nice but I don't want to spend a night doing a simple dungeon and getting no reward.

I also hate things like this...a tank with bane of the fallen king wipes on the first trash pull of H Halls of Origination. The tank leaves. The other dps leave. Its just me and the healer, with 3 mobs mad at us. With some mage OP kiting skills i managed to 2 man the mobs it with the healer...then he left.
    I hate that too, or the instance is going good and last boss gives some problem and people start to complain about other classes and start calling people baddies its like really, you want to argue and not try the fight again?
    .......Y___Y
    .......( ^v^)")
    .....(,,) \w/)/
    .......(,,,),,)

Based on ease I would say vortex pinnacle. Based on the look, definitely throne of tides. Based on ball breaking stupid difficulty I would say BRC. And probably only saying BRC because my first experience with the fire ele boss was horrible T.T

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't nerf them yet, Blizzard!
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Please don't nerf them yet, Blizzard!
    Don't ever nerf them. I can see these instances being face roll with better gear. Right now, they're perfect.

Pugged half of Grim batol and blackrock caverns (landed in something started).

And I have to admit they're fun.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

So far done:
    - Lost City of Tol'vir
    - Blackrock Caverns
    - Shadowfang keep
    - Deadmines
    - Halls of Origination (x3)
    - Vortex Pinnacle
    - Stonecore (x2)
    - Grim Batol

So far the only one I dislike must be.. hmm.. they are all pretty fun actually. :P
    Have yet to do Throne of Tides because I didn't discover the entrance before a few minutes ago.

Deleted
    Almost done with the regular dungeons, trying to get full ilevel 333 before I dive in. Need to replace a couple pieces of gear and them I'm good to go.
    If they are as hard as as in beta(not all but some were pretty challanging) I will be enjoying seeing people with the, what I call, WotLK mentality being swept of their feet

As a tank, I'm very impressed with hard they are. So glad to see that it's not gonna be a cake-walk to gear like LK was. I'm also impressed with all but a couple of the puggers I've encountered. Patient and understanding when we wipe instead of the "OMFG U GAIZ SUK" I was expecting.

I've finished the following hreois:
    Lost City
    Vortex Pinn
    Throne of Tides
    Stonecore
    Deadmines

So far, my fave is above and beyond, Deadmines. The whole thing is just fun. Mining Monkeys, explosive barrels. Boss fights are fun and different or -raid boss- lite versions of encounters that are fun anyway.

Deleted
    Vortex Pinnacle
    Halls of Origination

Deadmines, Grim Batol, Stonecore with randoms not possible. Apparently WotLK made most of the players assume that it's ok to stay on your spot while there's a flashy animation below you or coming after you.

Deleted
    Did you make him a sandwich?

Did at least 30 heroics until now, only throne of the tides didn't show up yet. They're well tuned and fun with a guild group, although they start to get quite easy with more heroic items. I'd never pug them though, no need for failing random idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Havent done any heroics yet, have focused on professions.
    Got more than enough gear for it according to blizzard's avg itemlvl, so will start soon.

We got dungeon hero yesterday for cata i.e. completing all the heroics and we did the tol barad boss. So far i can see I love it. Its challenging and killing a boss in a raid environment is epic ! especially after a number of wipes. It is hard and easy at the same time