Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Just saying but this is a rare occurence and I doubt its going to happen often or any more. Not the best idea to share this cuz some people are going to think its happening all the time to a lot of people.

But go ahead guys! Commence the QQ and "wrath baby" insults. =P Thats always fresh and exciting!
    As a wrath baby this was my experience, get to 80, discover gear score and that your fun spec is worthless, get gear score up than run around circles in dal waiting for heroic queue, enter dungeon and almost fall asleep getting free badges. Despise endgame and become an altoholic. There is some "wrath baby" mentality for you... no wonder why we're screwed up...

Just saying but this is a rare occurence and I doubt its going to happen often or any more. Not the best idea to share this cuz some people are going to think its happening all the time to a lot of people.

But go ahead guys! Commence the QQ and "wrath baby" insults. =P Thats always fresh and exciting!
    Well, unfortunately there's been an increase in wipes in regular and heroic dungeons nowadays. So I would say that this is a rare occurrence of a player being kicked for using CC, but one can't look passed the fact that CC is needed in lots of cases. My point is that lots of players who started in wrath aren't used to having their CC spells on their spell bar unless they're pvping. I think Cataclysm will create a new generation of solid players who are smart about the environment around them, but as stated earlier, it will take some time for players to get used to the fact that running instances is no longer a quick 5-10 minute thing anymore. (Unless you have an awesome group of course =D)

Deleted
    Had a Mage tell me to "Hurry up FFS" for pulling the Monstrosities in SFK back into the previous room so we didn't get any extra trash packs from the fear. Then he wanted to skip Springvale after 3 wipes because it was taking too long.

Rest of my Heroics have been a blast though, people actually using CC, communicating and having fun.
    Last edited by mmoc350bad3c21; 2010-12-11 at 07:14 AM.

Deleted
    Find yourself a guild m8.There are stupid people that join PuG why do you have to make so many threads about it?Though in many cases cc isnt really nessery ( with a decent group ofc ). 1) if that was the reason you where kicked consider yourself lucky cause it would be a waste time. 2) If not i believe that 3 at least people had a good reason to kick you.

You might whine about WotL as much as you want but in 1 month time if the setup allows it, it's going to be aoe pulls again.Already with 347 ilvl gear very little pulls need to be cc'ed imagine what will happen in future patches.

I can't count the number of Wrath babies I've had to explain to that hitting 85 and immediately going to Heroics is not how the game is designed, and the fact that they are wiping should not be surprising to them. They are going to have to do normal dungeons, rep grind, and slowly work their way toward the Heroic content, and even then, the harder heroics will take time to learn. It is very difficult for them to understand why they cannot simply roll through the content. I think many were honestly expecting to be raiding by the end of the week. I'd love to hear what percentage of LFG random pugs have actually completed the heroic dungeon they were sent to. It has to be a minuscule number. Cataclysm is not pug-proof, but it certainly is pug resistant.

Why bring that ignorant crap in this thread? I know so many very skilled players that joined during wrath who have not had a problem cc'ing since Cataclysm came out...

To the OP: You must have run into a batch of baddies like you said, because most groups I see want CC like crazy, because they don't want to wipe for hours and hours just to kill 1 pack of mobs. Good luck with future groups though

Edit: Hit quote reply instead of reply mah b :P

Quote Originally Posted by Thraxxigar View Post
    Well, unfortunately there's been an increase in wipes in regular and heroic dungeons nowadays. So I would say that this is a rare occurrence of a player being kicked for using CC, but one can't look passed the fact that CC is needed in lots of cases. My point is that lots of players who started in wrath aren't used to having their CC spells on their spell bar unless they're pvping. I think Cataclysm will create a new generation of solid players who are smart about the environment around them, but as stated earlier, it will take some time for players to get used to the fact that running instances is no longer a quick 5-10 minute thing anymore. (Unless you have an awesome group of course =D)
    Hopefully these dungeons are going to bring everyone back to the mentality of Vanilla and BC, where knowing how to play was important and just zerg aoe facerolling didn't cut it.

I've been seeing heroics either work or fall flat on their face, depending on the people in the group. Get one or two of these players that don't know how to do dungeons other than the wrath way and everything falls apart quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by getz999 View Post
    Anyone remember 7 mob pulls with H MGT? Lol, people were like "woah, we need to learn shit"
    Thanks. I just broke out in a cold sweat.

Like others have said, this is just the result of Wraths "nuke it from orbit" strategy. None of the dungeons really required CC and none of the dungeons even really needed strategy on the trash.

Fresh and exciting it is not, but perfectly valid it is.
    There are lots of complaints about heroics actually being hard and that is for the reason of the mindset they got into during wrath.
    Heroics were never the raiding preparation and skill tests they should have been, but simply an emblem and eventually points farm.
    People complain, and people get kicked when a group wipes due to stupidity.
    There is simply an unwillingness to look at why a group failed, simply assuming it was because they weren't zerging or aoe'ing sufficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Arc View Post
    Find yourself a guild m8.There are stupid people that join PuG why do you have to make so many threads about it?Though in many cases cc isnt really nessery ( with a decent group ofc ). 1) if that was the reason you where kicked consider yourself lucky cause it would be a waste time. 2) If not i believe that 3 at least people had a good reason to kick you.

You might whine about WotL as much as you want but in 1 month time if the setup allows it, it's going to be aoe pulls again.Already with 347 ilvl gear very little pulls need to be cc'ed imagine what will happen in future patches.
    I am in a guild... i also (i think) said that this was in a normal mode dungeon...

im not gonna run every single dungeon leveling up with my guild.

i quest as ele and queue as heals to break it up.

let me say that again:

THIS WAS NOT IN HEROIC THIS WAS IN NORMAL MODE VORTEX PINNACLE

also i have a guild and we start raiding in january to assure everyone is completely 346+ so we can do stuff with the least frustration possible. our server is really bad so i dont expect server firsts until after christmas anyways
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

10+ Year Old Account
    I began in WotLK, well, more like the September Brewfest just before Wrath's release (Zombie event was awesome!).
    I like the Wrath dungeons at first, but after a while it was just aoe-aoe-aoe-aoe-aoe /sigh
    Kind of like the Cata dungeons so far!
    I usually 'Repentence' a caster, so the healer doesn't aggro it and get pelted with shadow bolts :C

Quote Originally Posted by Arc View Post

Most pug groups are wiping before the first boss. One month will not be enough. 6 months? Sure. However, you either overestimate the ability of pugs, or underestimate how hard the content is for bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by Snodgrass View Post
    Hopefully these dungeons are going to bring everyone back to the mentality of Vanilla and BC, where knowing how to play was important and just zerg aoe facerolling didn't cut it.

I've been seeing heroics either work or fall flat on their face, depending on the people in the group. Get one or two of these players that don't know how to do dungeons other than the wrath way and everything falls apart quickly.
    Agreed, I've already been in a few randoms on my alt where a guy said, "GUYS I JUST DID 12K ON THAT PULL"
    Me: "Yeah, we all died though because you didn't CC"
    Guy: "wut"
    gg.

I love being asked to NOT use Repentance in groups. They finally give me some form of viable CC in Wrath, and I barely ever get to use it due to all of the aoe. Then, Cata comes around, and I can't use it because the Wrath mindset still dominates. Thanks for that. =/
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

cata not for casual player
    it hard than LK instance heroic, must cc alot, when players from WotLK just like "jenkin" style - aoe and dont know what is cc )

Thank god the Whining of the Lazy Kids expansion is over and done with.

Deleted
    I've had some from same guild aswell just on my warrior, they didn't know how to CC at all untill i told them it might be a good idea, after that they didn't realise what mobs it was best to do it on...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddyz View Post
    cata not for casual player
    it hard than LK instance heroic, must cc alot, when players from WotLK just like "jenkin" style - aoe and dont know what is cc )
    haha I see what you did there

And this is why I have just been messing about on my goblin rather than bothering to level yet...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

I have been a tank since TBC release. Raided before that but doesn't matter. Point is the best way to deal with healers is to CC them or focus fire them. If they have an instant heal I try focus fire, if they have casting times I would rather CC them.

In your story the group managed to do neither which is impressive. The funny thing is you see this exact same thing in PvP. People will ignore the healer who is keeping everyone full, after years of this going on people still haven't learned. Its kinda scary really.