Mastery vs haste for fire.

I read on the elitist jerks forums that mastery was slightly ahead of haste as far as dps goes for fire but I have to say, I didn't see a big change at all when I reforged my haste to mastery so I ended up reforging back to haste ( On pieces that already have crit) I have a very low crit chance right now and everyone knows how crit is vital for a fire mages dps, I do about 10k single target and hopefully it'll pick up. Anyone else getting frustrated over the crit changes?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    I read on the elitist jerks forums that mastery was slightly ahead of haste as far as dps goes for fire but I have to say, I didn't see a big change at all when I reforged my haste to mastery so I ended up reforging back to haste ( On pieces that already have crit) I have a very low crit chance right now and everyone knows how crit is vital for a fire mages dps, I do about 10k single target and hopefully it'll pick up. Anyone else getting frustrated over the crit changes?
    It pulls ahead in raiding gear, which I assume you do not have at this point. Also, both are virtually identical, with mastery being only inches ahead (like 0.5 VP).
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    sp>crit>mastery>haste?

spell power comes from intellect which is primary stats so dont compare primary stats with secondary stats
    other than that its hit>crit>mastery>haste for raid

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    First Hit Rating Cap, then Crit Rating, afte that I'd go for Haste Rating enough for an extra tick on LB and then Mastery Rating instead of haste. The haste is no problem tho, it's a low amount needed for extra tick.

Deleted
    Im going for Hit > Int > crit > reforge

Int > Haste (up to 12.5% raid buffed > hit > crit > mastery > haste.

Note that crit is a lot more valuable than mastery and haste and that mastery is only slightly better than haste as Swizzle pointed out.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.