Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is Ferocious Bite underpowered ?

During my experience with leveling as a cat, it struck me a bit weird that my FB didn't crit for much more than 12-14k at lvl 84-85'ish. I might have to add that i got the FB glyph active, don't know if that makes such a huge difference, since i'd probably hit FB on minimum energy anyways.

If the damage from FB is around 15k for a finishin move, which is close to the same damage as a shred, then how good is FB anyways...
    I ended up using either Maim or Rip as a finisher depending on the situation, which kinda sucks.

Does anyone else find this disturbing in any way or ?

Blood in the Water

Post count +1 I guess for the guy above me?
    FB does around 25k for me, so it is worth using as long as you don't let Rip and Rake fall off. You will definitely be using FB on bosses below 25% though. For mobs though it doesn't matter, on bosses you will want to FB when you can in order to maximize damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    It does more damage with more energy. It doesn't worth it if you have low energy and rip is not on. You should be able to see 22K+ at 85 with green pieces you get on your way to 85.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    I never use it unless im at or above 30 energy.. FB glyph is a BIG nono. Biiiig nono.

Very short fights - use instead of Rip.
    Short fights where rip duration is utilised - rip.

Long fights - where rip/sr is not in risk of falling - FB is always better. (in wotlk rip cud fall for about 4 seconds before using FB was considered less dps but im not sure about cata cus i dont play it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Do not use Glyph of FB, FB is more damage-per-energy than shred (any energy the glyph would save you, you would use on shreds instead).

Quote Originally Posted by Pezklovn View Post
    I might have to add that i got the FB glyph active
    There's your problem right there. An additional 35 energy on FB will double its damage.

Deleted
    I can crit 30k on FB if I ramp up.

Highest i've personally ever crit with it was 42k on Rahj in heroic halls of origination

Yea, I'm only lvl 84 and It crits constantly for 30k+ right after a tigers fury to finish off a mob.
    The glyph is a DPS loss unfortunately

10+ Year Old Account
    I just did a run where I repeatedly pulled 40 to 55k crits with trinket proc.
    And given how much more you can use it compared to pre-cataclysm, it is totally awesome.
    When a boss hits 25%, my dps go up extremely (If blood in the water doesn´t again decide to bug out, had it quite a few times now that rip didn´t get refreshed...)

Deleted
    FB is great. Did a 39k selfbuffed with tigers fury on and Key to Endless Chambers proc.

Deleted
    Seems fine to me. I've seen a few 50k+ FB crits with Tiger's Fury Active.

10+ Year Old Account
    50k+ seems high to me, in current availabl gear (unless there were other buffs/debuffs going on). But, I suppose it's plausible.. I've done low to mid 40s with tiger's fury active.

Bottom line Glyph of FB is a Dps Loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    50k+ seems high to me, in current availabl gear (unless there were other buffs/debuffs going on). But, I suppose it's plausible.. I've done low to mid 40s with tiger's fury active.
    By 50k+ I really mean like 51k and they're rare.

Most of my FBs are in the 40k range.. If it crits

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapour70 View Post
    By 50k+ I really mean like 51k and they're rare.

Most of my FBs are in the 40k range.. If it crits
    What's your Druid's name? I'd like to see his armory profile.

Ferocious Bite is a situational ability for me. If the mob is going to die and Rip won’t have time to tick for more than half of its duration, I’ll use FB. If I know the mob is going to live long enough for Rip to be worth it, then I’ll use that every time over FB. The highest I’ve seen my FB crit for (when I’m actually paying attention) is about 14k. That’s when I’m playing solo. I’ve been tanking in groups, so I haven’t seen how hard it hits when I’m buffed with more than Mark of the Wild.

Honestly, I think FB is good where it’s at. If it hit any harder, other classes would complain and Blizzard would likely (over)nerf it and it would be hitting lower than it does now.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

FB deals pretty good damage now, I think I do around 33k crits with a full 70 energy TF FB while questing. In raids when I use it when I have additional CPs I often see it deal around 40k. In PvP I have critted 53k on a mage. But ofc is it not used over rip unless the target will die from the FB or shortly after (PvE).