10+ Year Old Account

Heroic CC Priorities

Last night I was running H Throne with a pug. Group comp was Priest(healer), Tank(DK-me), Ret Paladin, Mage and Hunter. Since my recommendation for CC targets according to 2 guilded people in the run was "retarded because healers cant heal when they are cc'd" I was removed from the group so they could apparently find a new tank who would do the pulls as they requested.

My logic in the CC assignment:

First pull in there is 2 melee guys and 2 caster/healers. As I went to mark them I wanted 1 Caster/healer CC'd and one of the melee. Thought behind this Caster/healer dmg is easily mitigated and I am not getting beat on by 2 melee. Also if a CC fails while we are burning an add we arent looking at CC'n 2 healers who can potentially bring their life back up. So Burn the healer/caster then melee and rinse and repeat for the remaining 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    give it time, people will learn

You know, just doing normal Vortex Pinnacle, I felt the same fret and worries I get when I play my Disc Priest and I'm healing under stupid conditions. It's the same worry that the worst case scenario will happen if I don't pay attention.

Hunters and Mages have long been stereotyped as an easy class to play, but now with Cataclysm it's not just healers and tanks that have to worry so much anymore. CC is important, and classes that give CC are helping the group that much more.
    Listen to your tanks, respect your healers, and love your DPS when they do things right.

Ontopic: Spoiled DPS is spoiled.

Thank you to Mystyka for the signature!
    Chaiko | Arinnlea

you always CC casters. i thought this was dungeons 101 material...

Deleted
    I agree with your assesment of the CC targets. That beeing said, harder for them to find a good tank than it is for you to find a new group so their loss.

I just did Tides yesterday, and the first time I marked, I marked the two healers. But after seeing how much damage the two melee could do to me, I chose instead to CC one healer and one melee and just stunlock/interrupt the other healer down. I took much less damage, didn't have to burn any tanking cooldowns, and it seemed to make the fight much easier.

Chances are you getting kicked from that group was the best thing to happen to you.