Poll: What do you think of it?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

[Movies] The New Transformers movie

Hey guys.
    I just finished watching the new trailer for the latest installment of the Transformers franchise: Dark of the Moon. It seemed really fantastic.
    What do you guys think? Will the movie do better than the first two or it will be another 2 hour version of a plot contained in a 3 minute trailer?

Link to the trailer on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H8bnKdf654
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

15+ Year Old Account
    If they move away from the disasters that the first two live action movies were, it will be an improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, nice trailer, but sound quality awful, and i really wanted turn if off
    I hope they show on more battle robots vs robots, not shot scenes like were in last 2 movies

Deleted
    hmm i liked that trailer!

I hope its not like the 2nd one.
    To sum up my thoughts on the 2nd one.. 'I LIKE TO MAKE LOTS OF NOISE AND MORE NOISE AAAARRRRWWWWWWRRRRR NOISE FUCK YEA NOISE.. WOO EXPLOSIONS AND SOME MORE NOISES! YEEAAA USA!'

Failed.

Well it's directed once again by Michael "Explosions" Bay, so I don't think there will be a whole lot of improvement. I also don't think this new girl, Rosie Alice Huntington-Whiteley, will be much of an improvement for the eye-candy department either.

It doesn't have Megan Fox, but it still has Michael Bay, so I don't have high hopes.

If it will be better then second it still will be shit
    All this pop culture is mmm oh. Though i think i liked first)

p.s. All this back to the past storylines are lol
    and this trailer reminds me trailer to first movie (lil robot explorer on mars getting smashed) still like mars version a lil more cause they intrigued more)
    And here transformer with nearly human eyes)
    Last edited by antifreeze; 2010-12-11 at 11:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    hope it will be better then the 2nd one but i'll watch it anyway for my birthday
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Was that Vector Sigma THE old autobot ?
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't we can tell from the trailor whether or not this movie will be good or not. Probably won't see it either way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidseal View Post
    Was that Vector Sigma THE old autobot ?
    As long as it's not Shockwave, I know he's in the film but I seriously hope it's not him.

15+ Year Old Account
    New trailer out, and it's probably the loudest trailer I've ever seen, but so awesome. This man can make trailers. /clap.

It looks like good eye candy. As much as I hate megan fox, I just cant see how they can have her as the main love interest for 2 movies and just replace her in the 3rd. They better have a good reason for this in the movie, but knowing michael bay, there probably isn't one.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    It looks like good eye candy. As much as I hate megan fox, I just cant see how they can have her as the main love interest for 2 movies and just replace her in the 3rd. They better have a good reason for this in the movie, but knowing michael bay, there probably isn't one.
    They say it was her decision, but it was very likely because she's a foul mouthed, high maintenance bitch that on several occasions bad mouthed the cast, and Micheal Bay (then again, he deserves every bit of it. Fun fact: Part of her interview for Transformers 1 included washing Bay's Ferrari in a bikini. Eye candy is a dime a dozen, even an idiot like Micheal bay knows this).

She doesn't deserve a starring role like that, but Hollywood tries to be tactful :P
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Firstly... THAT LOOKS AWESOME!
    Secondly... people complain way too much about Michael Bay's lack of storyline. His movies aren't good because they have a gripping storyline. They're good because they have giant alien robot death matches with explosions every 12 seconds. Stop hating, start enjoying.

And finally, did anyone else think that chick kinda looked like cameron diaz?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post

And finally, did anyone else think that chick kinda looked like cameron diaz?

I think she looked more like a more mature Babydoll from Sucker Punch Not sure why, they have similar facial reactions I suppose. Find it odd that she didn't say one word in that trailer though, shows you how important her role is going to be jkjk.

That's probably true. Shes a model and never has acted before. It will probably be cringe worthy, but hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised. Only a few models that get into acting actually succeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting trailer. The first movie was pretty good... could have done without the retarded humor. The second was a fuckin travesty. This one has no Megan Fox, so that alone gives it some hope.

I'm going to see it, but I've got my doubts already...

1. Too many squishy humans soaking up the storyline.
    2. The twins. Need I say more?
    3. The English Student in me is just puzzled at the title. Dark of the Moon? Is a word missing between 'dark' and 'of' or something?
    4. Too many "America, F*ck Yeah!!" moments. We get it, Bay, America is a slamin' place to be.