Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    When I saw this macro I knew the end was near.

Shortly followed by the tank asking a rogue "Tricks of threats? Can you use?"

I'm all for international relations but when I (a US player) get somehow grouped with a full Brazilian guild group the language barrier is kind of harmful to the group
    Last edited by Tsudots; 2010-12-14 at 01:22 AM.

I was qued up for a random. I asked if everyone had ran this. I'm a mage and we were running Vortex pinnacle. one guy said he hadnt..and noone else spoke english. They just kept yelling out crap in spanish..I knew we were in trouble when we came to the first elemental that vanishes and they all started whooping the crap out of its corpse. I then noticed that the only english speaking person other than me..was speaking spanish too..So i explained the fights to him..and then i realized that they were all guildies and he was interpreting what i was saying. I would give him a brief explaination of all the pulls (cause there are some tough ones in there) and the boss fights..which are pretty easy as long as you do them right. and after we finally killed the last boss they were all very thankful and gracious to me..and I must admit..it was the best run i had done in there..noone died, perfect smooth pulls and CC..Goes to show (well it did to me) not to jump to conclusions just because someone doesnt speak the same language.. The worst run was the same dungeon a couple hours later with some morons who got us killed a dozen times..barely did any dps so I had to carry it all..Then without a word as we got ready to fight the last boss..booted me without a word..I'm guessing a guildie of theirs came online or something..but it thoroughly pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatowlkinidiot View Post
    Never had a bad pug because I refuse to pug. In related news in our guild runs we have CC'd 0 mobs and simply faceroll instances one after another.
    I dont pug either. But in out guildruns we CC to hell to the point where tanks do /sit /sleep because its so fun finally dusting off spells thats mostly dormant since early tbc.
    Last edited by Moolian; 2010-12-14 at 02:03 AM.
    Stealing rogue loot since 2005.

Deleted
    Nice and simply...Stonecore, First boss.
    Wipe after wipe for a while, Dps QQ's and leaves, we get a mage in, Bane of the fallen king title, So SHOULD have half a brain stem.
    After a few more wipes, he tries to vote kick the rogue, It fails. Then he tries to vote kick the Healer, It fails, Why did it fail and was the most retarded thing i've seen someone do? The 2 he tried to vote kick, and someone else, were all guildies, so they said essentially F off, All left (As they could get another instant group with a tank and healer combo) Leaving lil' ol' me there not only having wasted a fair bit of gold, A runestone, Flasks, pots, and an hour of my time, PLUS the 50 odd min wait time for ANOTHER heroic...all because of a retarded mage. Sad bunny

Hasn't been too bad, usually I just tank them when not doing guild runs, but:

The one time when i didn't tank, druid tank was going out of form to faerie fire etc... trying to heal himself in the middle of pulls.. it just was not a nice experience

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenGirl View Post
    nothing good can come of this thread
    Except your Avatar.

OT: Yeah I was hit by 15k ticks per second from something in that instance.... They can hit very very hard.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved that one heroic Stonecore run where the tank ran at the first pack of mobs without any CC.

We wiped.

We used thorough CC after that.

I honestly don't really have any horror stories, since I had a couple painful regular runs and said 'f this i'm not doing heroics without guildies.'